IGNORED

Do you believe in the "Miracle at Fatima"?

Not of the World

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Days Won:  1

I do.  Am I wrong to believe that story?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I don't know enough about it to believe it or disbelieve it. It's existence or not, is not of importance to me. In the Bible, we have Pharaohs' magicians apparently performing miracles (EX 7:11), but were the miracles of God? God's miracles will glorify Him in some way, not demons, or Satanic personages (2 Thess 2:9), nor distracting things like glorifying the virgin Mary. The miraculous can serve to add credibility (like to Jesus as coming from God) or the can serve to deceive. Be careful about what you believe - ask yourself what purpose does it serve!

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I don't know enough about it to believe it or disbelieve it. It's existence or not, is not of importance to me. In the Bible, we have Pharaohs' magicians apparently performing miracles (EX 7:11), but were the miracles of God? God's miracles will glorify Him in some way, not demons, or Satanic personages (2 Thess 2:9), nor distracting things like glorifying the virgin Mary. The miraculous can serve to add credibility (like to Jesus as coming from God) or the can serve to deceive. Be careful about what you believe - ask yourself what purpose does it serve!

One of the three children that Mary was alleged to appear before became a nun.  The other two children both died within a couple of years of the alleged event.  The children were shortly imprisoned by local authorities and, even under threat of torture and execution, the children would not recant their story, or so we're told.  

https://portugalonline.com/portugal/portugal-cities-towns/fatima/fatima-miracle

The children apparently stated that Mary instructed them to pray the rosary, which gives me pause.  Jesus never instructed us to pray the rosary or to pray to Mary.  For that matter, I don't have the impression that Jesus viewed Mary with any special reverence.  

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

While I do not believe what they saw was Mary, Too many people saw the last happenings to say it's a hoax.

Mohammad had a visitation from something and look where it lead Islam.  He thought it was a demon, but let his wife talk him into thinking it was Michael.   I think Mohammad was smart, but let women twist his mind.

As for the children and Mary visitations, it could be any number of possibilities...  Whatever it was it seems knew something about the future, but I do believe something from the spirit world did something those days.

Allegedly, Mary told the children to pray for the conversion of Russia.  

Is anyone aware of any verses in the Bible wherein God or a person of God told others to pray for a particular nation of the world?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,831
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I do.  Am I wrong to believe that story?

First, you say you believe it.  Then you question it.  Which is it?

I'm not saying that these children and others did not see what they claimed to.  I am saying what they saw was demonic.  The proof of that is in the message.

Not all Catholics believe the story, but Catholicism is full of the practices commanded by "Mary" and the "angel".  The message has a little bit of truth - that  God and Jesus are unhappy with the sins of mankind. This part is TRUE! The devil is really adept at mixing the truth with lies – bending the truth – putting his spin on it and thereby deceiving the hearts of countless millions of people.  A little truth – a lot of lies.

I did a lot of research on Fatima, the messages, and the doctrines taken from them about 7 years ago.  I found my notes.  Here is a summary of some of the false teachings declared by "Mary" and the "angel".

• LIE #1 = The way to salvation is through devotion to the Immaculate [sinless] Heart of Mary and through mankind sacrificing for others and through reparations and doing penance.  Neither "Mary"  nor the "angel"  at Fatima mentioned the shed blood of Jesus Christ.  In fact, "Mary" said that God wanted everyone to be devoted to her Immaculate [sinless] heart.

• LIE #2 = The  "angel" [whom they said looked like a 15 year old boy] said,  "Offer up everything in your power as a sacrifice to the Lord in reparation for the sins by which He is offended, and in supplication for the conversion of sinners . . . More than all else, accept and bear with resignation the sufferings that God may send you."  We can make NO sacrifices for sinners.

• LIE #3 = From "Mary".  "Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world . . . for she alone can save it."  No need to explain the heresy there.

• LIE #4 = From "Mary".  "Jesus wishes to establish devotion to my Immaculate Heart in the world. I promise salvation to those who embrace it and their souls will be loved by God as flowers placed by me before His throne. "Mary" is saying here that Jesus Christ has declared his mother to be born sinless and as  Immaculate - never sinned.   She can promise salvation to no one.

• LIE #5 = From "Mary".  "Sacrifice yourselves for sinners and say often whenever you make a sacrifice: 'O Jesus, it is for love of You, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary."

• LIE #6 = From "Mary".  "Pray much and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to hell because there is no one to make sacrifices for them."  Jesus Christ is and was and will be the ONLY sacrifice for sin.  The idea of people making sacrifices to save the lost is of the devil.

• LIE #7 = From "Mary".  "I will never leave you, my Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God."  The Bible teaches that God is our refuge and strength.  Mary was not Immaculate - not sinless.  She is dead and can lead humanity nowhere.  Not even to God. 

• LIE #8  From "Mary".  "Have pity on the Heart of your most Holy Mother. It is covered with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, and there is no one to remove them with an act of reparation."  We have not sinned against Mary, but against the ONLY holy one - God, the Most High.  Mary is not holy.  We owe her no reparations.

• LIE #9  From "Mary".  "Do you at least try to console me and announce in my name that I promise to assist at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, go to Confession and receive Holy Communion, recite the Rosary and keep me company for 15 minutes while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary with the intention of making reparation to me."  Mary can save NO ONE.  She is NOT in charge of God's grace of salvation!!!  And reciting the Rosary and making reparations to Mary will save NO ONE.

There is more.  I will stop here.   It's just so very, very sad that people not only believe this but practice the "commands".  These messages are so obviously demonic.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,989
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

Do I believe it..... no.