Debp

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.84
  • Days Won:  1

There's a guy on YouTube named Kitboga that plays pranks on phone scammers.  He often changes his voice in order to sound like a nice but confused old lady and then proceeds to drive them nuts!  It's hilarious!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, Not of the World said:

There's a guy on YouTube named Kitboga that plays pranks on phone scammers.  He often changes his voice in order to sound like a nice but confused old lady and then proceeds to drive them nuts!  It's hilarious!

Lol theres an online community of people who would mess with those email scammers, called the 419 eaters. I was an active member for awhile...led a few scammers on some wild rides. Some of them have branched out to the phone scammers. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

56 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

.led a few scammers on some wild rides.

That's good because while they're chasing you they're not robbing some lonely, elderly, person.  

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

8 minutes ago, Not of the World said:

That's good because while they're chasing you they're not robbing some lonely, elderly, person.  

That was definitely the logic behind it. Unfortunately they answered with the robo calls.

Just now, The_Patriot21 said:

That was definitely the logic behind it. Unfortunately they answered with the robo calls.

Sadly, I've heard of people who were scammed and who were then scammed again by people claiming to be with the government, police, etc., and who were going to "help" them to recover their original loss. 

Unless they ask for forgiveness and repent from that despicable behavior, they have a nasty surpirse awaiting them in the hereafter.    

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

On 12/18/2022 at 3:07 PM, Debp said:

Oh, another....the hello grandma scam.

This one guy has called me about three times the past two months.    "Hello grandma!" I just hang up.   I don't bother to tell him I don't have any children.

Has anyone seen Scammer Payback?   I watched a few videos on YouTube.   He finds and even has a mole in big scam operations in India.  He hacks them and deletes some of their files before they know it.    He is so smart with a computer that he can do all of this stuff.

He made one scammer think he accidentally put 4 million dollars into the senior citizen's account.   (Scammer Payback pretends to be elderly when phoning them.)

Jim Browning is the guy to check out on Youtube with respect to exposing and busting scammers. He's saved a lot of people a lot of money. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Content Count:  12,351
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 12/18/2022 at 3:49 PM, Not of the World said:

I checked Kitboga out.   Yes, he is a funny guy!

On 12/19/2022 at 3:58 PM, teddyv said:

Jim Browning is the guy to check out on Youtube with respect to exposing and busting scammers. He's saved a lot of people a lot of money. 

I checked Jim Browning out.    He is good in a more serious way.

The grandma scammer phoned me this morning again.   I just hung up.

From the above YouTubers' videos, I found out that stores are warning senior citizens about scammers when the seniors are buying alot of gift cards.   Apparently they are asking do you know the person you are buying the cards for, etc.

However, the scammers are now aware of the above and try to get past that by advising seniors citizens how to answer.   Too bad some seniors are gullible and fall victim.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

A couple of months ago I had to take a large sum of money out of a savings account to send to my brother..he paid for some renovations I needed done before I sold my home. The teller and bank manager kept asking me questions to make sure this was for real and not a scam. Finally I ended up calling my brother to have him tell the bank it wasn't a scam. Glad they are protective but what a nuisance.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/18/2022 at 11:33 AM, The_Patriot21 said:

His thick indian accent was a dead giveaway.

A recent Dr. Phil tv presentation stated the accents are deliberate tools used to  target those that will ignore the obvious fallacies they then present like being from Idaho. Their goal being to find someone willing to overlook it- those are the one's they want to spend time with, scamming them. He stated the caller may be speaking with as many as 30 targets at a time. I don't watch Dr. Phil but caught that much while flipping channels. Maybe he has a presentation online about it-

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

Don't ever open a WA link sent into your cellphone WhattsApp, you Will loose your money at your bank account.