• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

22 hours ago, farouk said:

Thoughts?

I guess for the believer it also impinges on the purpose for getting it (faith based, etc.).

Blessings Farouk-

As a parent I think at age 18 a child is old enough to make their own choices - I put in enough time,teaching and advice that should serve as a guide to making sound decisions - certainly he knows right from wrong,pros & cons and with something like a tattoo there's no right or wrong( imo) it's a matter of personal preference

I don't really remember how old my son was when he got a tattoo but I think he may have been 30ish.

The funniest thing was the night he came into my room while I was sleeping to wake me up( he always had a key to my home).With an odd lisp he said" Mom,are you up? I've some thing to tell you" lol

I replied"Well,I'm up now & did you wake me to tell me your tongue is pierced"- He said":How in the world would you know that?" I said" because you never had a lisp before" lol---- He turned the light on ,we laughed,I thought it was dumb looking and impaired his speech but " to each his own"

That phase didn't last long,he never really got used to it enough to get over that lisp so that did not appeal to him-

When he was pretty young I let him grow a tail( hairstyle),had bleached designs,I buzzed in fades with cut out emblem designs(NFL Dolphins etc). And by the time he was 18 he had it all & was very uninterested in whatever everyone else was doing-I only remember the tongue thing , he was around 18 or 19 yrs old. My kid knew I was not thrilled with my own faded tats & how they look after many years so he never got one until much older as I think I discouraged him and when he did get one he came over to show me & said" I'm sure you'll like it- it's a Cross❤️Of course I do👍

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Content Per Day:  12.11
  • Days Won:  31

On 12/20/2022 at 7:56 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Beloved

I'm a witness to that!! My Willa loves me and this I know,whether I have tats,piercings or whatever from the get go!

I love you a bunch Sis,your Kwicky❤️

@kwikphilly ; @Willa Part of the challenge I guess is the apparently fast transition from inkless girl to tattooed woman. When the older relative still thinks of the young person as a child, it can sometimes take a bit of ink to make the older relative realize that she really has grown up.

Sometimes the surprise can be mitigated  by the fact that it was a Scripture quote that was strongly desired for first inking.

Hi @Debp FYI; thread started; I think you commented on the subject a while ago.

( cc @sweetycakes )

Edited by farouk

@Neighbor FYI.........You've commented on tattoos before....Seems also that even folk without tattoos like to comment on family and friends who have them......

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,701
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

And I still want one, but for as much as I try to iron out my wrinkles they just get  worse. Oh well, maybe a wrinkle pattern in more a American Samoa style tattoo is all I might handle. I have liked those bold wide solid black lines, kind of warrior looking markings. 

Our youth group went of a bit of a journey and all came back with various arm band tattoos including the youth pastor-after they had their fun freaking out the staid and stoic ones of us  they later washed them away. They were stick on transfers.

Good fun tweaking many of us oldsters.

On 12/20/2022 at 8:21 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Farouk-

As a parent I think at age 18 a child is old enough to make their own choices - I put in enough time,teaching and advice that should serve as a guide to making sound decisions - certainly he knows right from wrong,pros & cons and with something like a tattoo there's no right or wrong( imo) it's a matter of personal preference

@kwikphilly So you can understand why so many 18 year olds have marked their calendar for their first tattoo on or around their 18th b-day, right?

For the young Christian, sometimes it's about wanting to nail their colors to the mast straightway as they enter adulthood, with something that proclaims his or her convictions. (Your son was a bit older, of course...)

18 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

And I still want one, but for as much as I try to iron out my wrinkles they just get  worse. Oh well, maybe a wrinkle pattern in more a American Samoa style tattoo is all I might handle. I have liked those bold wide solid black lines, kind of warrior looking markings. 

Our youth group went of a bit of a journey and all came back with various arm band tattoos including the youth pastor-after they had their fun freaking out the staid and stoic ones of us  they later washed them away. They were stick on transfers.

Good fun tweaking many of us oldsters.

@Neighbor A lot of Christian young ppl do get Bible verses tattooed which prove to be efficient prompts to witness conversations.

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area: it was her favorite Bible verse.

On 12/19/2022 at 5:28 PM, other one said:

People with tattoos don't really bother me and I have friends who have them and one of the most dedicated Christians I know has them all over his body.

@other one Christians are likely to have widely differing tastes and preferences; and a busy tattoo parlor might we have Christian clients who are exactly like the friend that you mention.

So are his faith based in design?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, farouk said:

@other one Christians are likely to have widely differing tastes and preferences; and a busy tattoo parlor might we have Christian clients who are exactly like the friend that you mention.

So are his faith based in design?

some are most are not, but none referring to the dark side.    He said he has about six square inches left to cover back when I retired 11 years ago, so I'm sure he's all full up by now.  He was a printer operator for DHS and when I retired I lost track of him along the way.

7 minutes ago, other one said:

some are most are not, but none referring to the dark side.    He said he has about six square inches left to cover back when I retired 11 years ago, so I'm sure he's all full up by now.  He was a printer operator for DHS and when I retired I lost track of him along the way.

@other one Maybe he succeeds in getting into conversations with ppl about the faith related tattoos that he has.

This is likely why a lot of Christians get inked up with Bible verses, etc.