• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Ocean said:

Interesting

I left a forum about three weeks ago that desperately needs moderators.  The name calling, judging and arguing are over the top and it seems they have few moderators and even when you report something, you never know what will happen even if the post is way out of line.

I left because the atmosphere has become really toxic with members snarling at each other and some following members around and harassing them and no one needs that.  It's hardly Christian anymore IMO!

It wasn't that way when I joined some years back and I know they had more moderators and people just viewing complaints to see if the post needed further action.  It's too bad when that happens.  I'm not necessarily saying I'm a model poster but I think the best members have left and others are following suit.

I don't think that forum can be sustained much longer the way it is.

You can't even start a post about praising God or ways you are thankful to Him without someone criticizing it or what someone posts...not exaggerating.

One of the ways Christians should be known, as Jesus tells it, is by their love.  

If people cannot moderate themselves, then bring on the mods! ;)

That is what happens when you do not have enough supervision on a Christian message board. 

• Group:  Royal Member

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

The same folks that complain are going to continue to no matter what,can we put on the brakes & see how it all goes with the latest changes?

Can't please everyone but that not what we aim for anyway,so complainers complain and supporters support & nothing really changes that much,does it?

It takes every single member to make a Ministry OR as some insist on calling this Worthy Ministry" a message board" lol

Be the very best Representative of Jesus YOU(& I) can be and we can make WCF that wonderful place for us all to be!

George is always trying different things,it's not carved in stone- give it a chance🙏

We need to pray for Worthy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We need to pray for Worthy. 

🙏:amen:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 12/20/2022 at 10:52 AM, missmuffet said:

I don't agree because I think a person who is moderating and supervising a Christian message board should be very well grounded in the true literal Christian faith. Someone who will not compromise or water down the literal true Word of God. That is my Christian perspective. That is the only way they can shepherd those who come to a Christian messageboard. It is your choice as the owner of Worthy how to run it. 

Very well said. "grounded in the true literal Christian faith". 

Just now, TheBlade said:

Very well said. "grounded in the true literal Christian faith". 

Thank you :)

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  250
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,349
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

if i took the bible too literal id be a one handed, one eyed man

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 12/20/2022 at 11:39 AM, Ocean said:

Interesting

I left a forum about three weeks ago that desperately needs moderators.  The name calling, judging and arguing are over the top and it seems they have few moderators and even when you report something, you never know what will happen even if the post is way out of line.

I left because the atmosphere has become really toxic with members snarling at each other and some following members around and harassing them and no one needs that.  It's hardly Christian anymore IMO!

It wasn't that way when I joined some years back and I know they had more moderators and people just viewing complaints to see if the post needed further action.  It's too bad when that happens.  I'm not necessarily saying I'm a model poster but I think the best members have left and others are following suit.

I don't think that forum can be sustained much longer the way it is.

You can't even start a post about praising God or ways you are thankful to Him without someone criticizing it or what someone posts...not exaggerating.

One of the ways Christians should be known, as Jesus tells it, is by their love.  

If people cannot moderate themselves, then bring on the mods! ;)

There's a Christian forum I've been there over 20y and it has really changed. Its the only place on the net I have ever got a warning. Well not true. I just remembered many many years back one of the first ones I was on was some rapture site. I'd never been on one before. They did ban my email well this was when Obama just became president and one of those that ran the forum she and others would say things like "I can't even look at him hes so evil" "hes the antichrist". They really didn't like me saying "Hes not the antichrist". The 20y year one I can relate kinda to mods . I had been gone for some time and came back someone made a post about Mary so I very kindly answered with scripture. Later that week I get this very nice email form this mod where she wanted to know why I said what I did. I thought how nice ok. Well as I read the rest they (mods) agreed the reason I posted what I did was .. not trolling but something like that and deleted my post. Hmm I said why do you ask me the reason when you guys already agreed and told me why I did it?

I said there's nothing else to say. Someone got offended so all I can say is I'm sorry. Lol.. well its just silly. See the reason I said  it was.. well my fault I never once looked where I was posting if I had I never would have. It was a "Catholic" only.  Its still  like that where they tell you why you did it and some ask why you posted it after they talked and agreed. I tried over the years to ask them maybe ask the person first before you warn or what ever you do. Main reason for any forum for me is people asking for prayer. So many need to know SOMEONE is praying for you. Prayer.. if would be nice if one could post a few more lines of text. I asked for prayer once and could not say what needed to. That does effect how one prays. Unless I did something wrong it would not let me say any more. Incase someone is reading this https://worthychristianforums-h45go6maxh5rpepgu.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png George. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

20 hours ago, TheBlade said:

There's a Christian forum I've been there over 20y and it has really changed. Its the only place on the net I have ever got a warning. Well not true. I just remembered many many years back one of the first ones I was on was some rapture site. I'd never been on one before. They did ban my email well this was when Obama just became president and one of those that ran the forum she and others would say things like "I can't even look at him hes so evil" "hes the antichrist". They really didn't like me saying "Hes not the antichrist". The 20y year one I can relate kinda to mods . I had been gone for some time and came back someone made a post about Mary so I very kindly answered with scripture. Later that week I get this very nice email form this mod where she wanted to know why I said what I did. I thought how nice ok. Well as I read the rest they (mods) agreed the reason I posted what I did was .. not trolling but something like that and deleted my post. Hmm I said why do you ask me the reason when you guys already agreed and told me why I did it?

I said there's nothing else to say. Someone got offended so all I can say is I'm sorry. Lol.. well its just silly. See the reason I said  it was.. well my fault I never once looked where I was posting if I had I never would have. It was a "Catholic" only.  Its still  like that where they tell you why you did it and some ask why you posted it after they talked and agreed. I tried over the years to ask them maybe ask the person first before you warn or what ever you do. Main reason for any forum for me is people asking for prayer. So many need to know SOMEONE is praying for you. Prayer.. if would be nice if one could post a few more lines of text. I asked for prayer once and could not say what needed to. That does effect how one prays. Unless I did something wrong it would not let me say any more. Incase someone is reading this https://worthychristianforums-h45go6maxh5rpepgu.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png George. 

There can be quite a difference from one forum to the next is what I have found.  The one I recently left, allows some of the most inane topics to just go on and on and on.  

Some people take offense no matter what so I would just avoid those folks

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,724
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Evidently there hasn't been the perfect Christian church body with all excellent doctrine since, well since the beginning of the church bodies.  The book Revelation reveals  many errors and need of  correction by several within what the first 30 years of Christianity? Seems God was "pleased or at least didn't have serious correction for  only two of the seven.

I am impressed favorably ( Well isn't that nice?) with the goal and the efforts towards the goal that is made by Worthy Christian Forums. Which I understand to be offering a medium for iputing information that  bear fruit  by sharing of our Lord, his gospel, for  the good purpose of God that any may be presented as mature in Christ Jesus at his return. doing so awhile also providing some fellowship from  individuals led here from the  far reaches of this earth. It is very encouraging.

I am definitely opposed to edits of posts! 

I am definitely opposed to edits of posts!! 

I am definitely opposed to edits of posts!!!

I understand they (The posts) may be banned, deleted completely, or challenged as to their meaning and intent, but to edit them seriously risks changing the author's intent, plus  makes the changed text appear to be the view and work of the credited author of the post, when it definitely may not be so.

As to all the mechanics of the ministry's operation, with symbols, badges, and duties defining evidently some responsibilities and privileges, I simply do not know what they are nor mean. I am hoping I will discover a chart that has all the various  symbols along with what they mean and how to uses them, if any are applicable to me.

• Thanks 1