• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,316
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

ive been wondering this question for years and a few years ago i discovered that some men do this as well which was a huge shock. i will never understand the reasoning around this. my question is women (and someguys) why so many shoes?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

If you include work boots, I have chainsaw boots, snow boots, general steel toed boots, mountaineering style hikeing boots, light duty hikers, along with a pair of runners, two pairs of dress shoes, a pair of walking shoes and a pair of sandals.

Is that too many?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Hey GD

I can't help you as to " why" we have this strange attraction & apparently obsession with SHOES - but no doubt it's a fact for many of us gals...

Personally ,my Mom was a shoe horse,my Dad probably ran a close second to her and me,being their only child,knew no other way but to wear a different pair of shoes with every different outfit- to match!What chance did I have to be unaffected by my both parents shoe craziness?

Now that I'm old,not wealthy and have physical difficulties with worn out knees the " shoe thing" has been greatly hampered.    Still,I'm embarrassed to even say how many shoes I have!

Also,I have to say " my Dad used to say you can know a lot about a man by his shoes" LOL.   He was actually a very funny guy and would go into this very funny description of shoes " that fit" but in all seriousness I think it holds a bit of water .....when I see a person of means wearing dirty shoes with holes in them I have to wonder?😃

With love in Christ,Kwik

My fleshly desire" shoes".... Still got a " foothold" on me,lol

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,225
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

I really don't have an attraction to shoes so much, As I have an attraction to shoes that don't hurt my feet that I can walk long distances in, With a few cutesy tutsies thrown in there here and there.

I have Skechers Go Walks, and GoGo Mat shoes, I have sock like Skechers shoes which I do not remember what they are called, I have two pairs of them, 

And then I also have a couple pairs of slip in shoes. 

The rest are stored up as sandals and summer shoes as I do not live in a very cold climate, Although this winter should have well beyond caught us up on our drought...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:

Shoes really aren't a thing for me, More so than it is shoes that are comfortable and walkable in that I can't find anymore are a thing for me. Most shoes give my feet blisters, And I have a pair of tennis shoes that are also sock like that are good walking distance shoes as well from Payless. 

Most shoes from the stores will hurt your feet and cause blisters I have realized. When I find a good shoe that doesn't hurt my feet, Nor cause blisters I keep it for a very long time, And I hurt my foot on a scooter once and could only wear one pair of shoes. I do'n thave the one pair of shoes I could wear anymore and I'm not sure this was wise ....... ,,,,,,, :unsure:<_<:wacko::39:

My issue is the clothing. My issues has always been the clothing. It's a never ending issue with me, My issues has always been the clothing. 

I should get a couple of denim skirts, Some cotton t shirts { I have the cotton t shirts}, Some tunics for leggings and jeans, {Cotton leggings and jeans}, And I should call it a day. Have some winter stuff around that I store mainly in the hallway, And declutter everything. 

It would save me space that I could put more prepper stuff in , And it would make it so I don't have to clean so much stuff or around so much stuff, But I would probably keep the stuff that it's stored in for the prepper items. 

When you ask why so many shoes, It's really comfort wise for shoes for me, Bu tfor clothing I am just addicted. It is all so friggin' cute ! {At least it used to be}.

There are few and far between stores that are actually cute anymore, and pretty and feminine, But when I do find something, I can't help it. I probably should, I just haven't been able to yet. :emot-prettywink::emot-crying:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,316
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

i only got 1 pair of shoes and 1 pair of work boots thats all i need

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I have 1 pair of sandals and 2 pairs of winter shoes and one pair of slippers. I dont have an obsession for shoes but I do have for hand fans. Over the years I probably collected around 100 or so of those. Now that I live up north I do not use them as much as I did living in the phoenix area. They are pretty, useful, and make me feel good. Maybe that is how it is for women/men and shoes?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Content Count:  32,964
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  234
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

As a teenager I used to work in a shoe shop and yes I did have a fair amount of shoes Now no thanks I have sliders that I wear all summer and then wear as slippers in the winter and to go swimming as they are easy to put on and take off . I have a couple of pairs of very inexpensive slip on trainers for walking the dogs and a couple of pair of dress shoes for when I go somewhere that requires a more formal dress code Disability means I can no longer wear high heels nor shoes that require me to do anything other than slip them on Oh and somewhere I have a pair of short welly boots for when the rain gets deep enough to cover the top of my feet :bored-1:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,225
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

Well, Most girls like the frilly things. The question is should we be spending our own money on so much of it. 

Girls like things with every different outfit, The question is should we be spending our own money on so much of it, Especially while single. {I asked this questions in Ladies Lounge}.

Should women be spending all of their own money on their shoes and their wardrobe, There leaving a man nothing to spoil you on and you with no savings. That was the question. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

7 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I have 1 pair of sandals and 2 pairs of winter shoes and one pair of slippers. I dont have an obsession for shoes but I do have for hand fans. Over the years I probably collected around 100 or so of those. Now that I live up north I do not use them as much as I did living in the phoenix area. They are pretty, useful, and make me feel good. Maybe that is how it is for women/men and shoes?

That sounds about right Jadey-pretty,useful & makes us FEEL good,lol👍

• Thumbs Up 1