• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

6 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

Well, Most girls like the frilly things. The question is should we be spending our own money on so much of it. 

Girls like things with every different outfit, The question is should we be spending our own money on so much of it, Especially while single. {I asked this questions in Ladies Lounge}.

Should women be spending all of their own money on their shoes and their wardrobe, There leaving a man nothing to spoil you on and you with no savings. That was the question. 

That's another Topic,isn't it? Lol

Who of us girls do not like being spoiled - I think we all do.Although it gratifying to be able to " do it yourself" it's also wonderful to be the recipient of flattery!😃

Shoes were always my favorite Gift- preferably a gift certificate to my favorite shoe store👍

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

That's another Topic,isn't it? Lol

Who of us girls do not like being spoiled - I think we all do.Although it gratifying to be able to " do it yourself" it's also wonderful to be the recipient of flattery!😃

Shoes were always my favorite Gift- preferably a gift certificate to my favorite shoe store👍

I just remember I Love Lucy, And Ricky being so furious with Lucy when she would spend all of her allowance on unnecessary "Stravagances". While he understood, I miss this kind of assertiveness, And direction from my male counterparts. They are virtually not allowed to do this anymore, And they have to give you " a look", Instead of approach you and tell you to knock it off.

I would really really really, Appreciate a Ricky in my life, As opposed to a Fredrica. I had a man walk by me and give me a look once, And he probably felt like he couldn't say anything to me, And I really just want a man to SAY SOMETHING to me, Instead of walking on egg shells around us which every female in HR has conditioned them to do so. Really , Really, CRAVING THIS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :blow-up:I had a man walk by me and give me a look and I felt self conscious already because I was wearing virtually the same thing I was wearing the first time I met him, But it was brand new and not as cute honestly, I just couldn't help myself from buying it. I would prefer to not have to do mental gymnastics and hav ea man PERSONALLY IN PERSON SPEAK TO ME AND SAY WHAT IS ON HIS MIND. Geez. :emot-crying::20:

Edited by believeinHim

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,094
  • Content Per Day:  9.71
  • Days Won:  149

My job was once in the trades, so I wore lots of work boots and steel toed work shoes, then I went to the cross over sneakers that are a cross between a tennis shoe and a work shoe. Then I bought odd shoes I thought I would wear but never wore much, like my orange soled running shoes. They sort of stick out. 

Now that I have the office job, I wear leather lace ups or skeetchers since my job is casual. I have a rack out in the garage literally full of shoes that were beginning to wear and I haven't thrown them out because I occasionally still wear them, along with the dress shoes I occasionally wear. My wife tends to buy me more shoes than I buy for myself. She bought me these nice looking low slip on boots that resemble a dress boot only they have a sneaker sole. Out back when it's muddy I wear crock look alikes.

The stereotype of women and shoes seems to be pretty accurate. My wife should go into the shoe store business she has so many shoes, and when we are in a store and I see her gazing in the shoes isle I start to say, " But don't you already...............??" and then I shut my yap because I have learned a few things over the years being married.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

To put on our feet...doh ;) why do you have shoes for, to throw at ornery neighbors?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  1

I've sort of accumulated all the work gear over the years as has been needed for various field work jobs. I'm not in them everyday but when you need them, you need those particular ones. Since we may be working underground more, my caulked chainsaw boots were not appropriate, so I bought some Dunlops, which are also good around the surface drills. But snow boots are also handy in the winter. Prospecting and mapping in the mountains? Need those high-end Scarpas. Hanging around camp or a family hike? Better off with some Keen's. etc. etc.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,632
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I have footwear. I spend" big" money on excellent footwear- for my feet are what has to hold my body up. 

I don't worry about how many or how few, just do they meet my need?

I remember hearing a, new to our church body, youth leader try to sell the idea to his charges that it was a sin to have more than two pairs of shoes. I was going to say something to him later, but then realized he is coming here  from a very poor State of the USA, to him it probably seems a sin. The kids will figure it out.

Let the little stuff go. May not need any shoes at all upon lift off.

• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.48
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

I think women feel obligated to wear shoes that are appropriate for each outfit. I have way more different kinds of outfits than my husband does.  Women wear their hair different ways, men don't really. It's all part of women being prettier than men.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, shel said:

I think women feel obligated to wear shoes that are appropriate for each outfit. I have way more different kinds of outfits than my husband does.  Women wear their hair different ways, men don't really. It's all part of women being prettier than men.

Yes, We definitely are prettier than men but I wouldn't know it for myself ! ! :20:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  99

When I was living in the mountains, I had...

One pair of waterproof boots with a steel shank that I wore when it rained or there was snow on the ground. In the high desert either means one thing: axle and shoe-snatching mud. The steel shank protected my feet from rusted metal and the like which was constantly pushed up to the surface from vintage landfills. By vintage, I mean from the 1920's or so. Some were older than that. I saw a rusted Model T partially buried in an arroyo up there. :laugh:

One pair of waterproof hiking boots for general use. That was it.

These days, I keep those heavy duty boots in my closet. I might have need of them again. I replaced the lighter waterproof hiking boots some time ago.

I have one pair of black low quarter shoes for wear here in the city. That's it. :)