IGNORED

A Christians' Mission & Responsibility to Save America?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

with this new millitary army we will rule the world

OTTAWA, CANADA– Throughout Canada’s history, the brave people of the Canadian Army have fought to defend the safety and honor of its country.

Canada’s current Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will undoubtedly go down in history as well, thanks to his new armed forces military program that he guarantees will set the great northern country apart form the rest of the world.

The Canada Goose Military Unit program is unlike any other military unit in the world, claims Trudeau. He says he came up with the idea of utilizing geese as weapons of mass destruction after spending a day in a local park picking up dangerous plastic straws and spoons.

“I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, eh,” Trudeau said as he batted his long eyelashes. “I was standing there in the local Canada Goose Droppings Park, eh, and I saw all these glorious geese walking so orderly in a straight line and I immediately thought that these nubile fellows would make great servicemen and women, eh.”

Trudeau went on to say that it is an honor and a privilege to have these dedicated geese serve directly under him and he’s proud that they chose to give back to the country that has treated them so well.

With millions of Canada geese at Trudeau’s personal disposal, he promises that these large, masculine, hunky birds will strike fear in the hearts of the enemy.

Under both sun and rain, the geese undergo a ten week training course to get them acclimated to the rigors of working directly under Trudeau as his personal military companions.

When asked by CNN Canada Eh reporters exactly what it is that these geese are training for, Trudeau furrowed his eyebrows and giggled inappropriately.

“That’s top secret government stuff, eh,” Trudeau said sternly as he showed a few geese how to properly search the ground for food with his mouth. “Let’s just say that the world will never look at us Canadians in the same way after I get done improving our country.

“I’m taking these geese under my wing, so to speak, and teaching them everything that I know from years of my vast military training,” Trudeau promised, showing reporters his cute goose socks.

“Every one of these gorgeous birds will be experts in the art of warfare, eh, and I’m fitting every one of them with their own adorable army helmets and flashy backpacks so they can look like real passionate military guys. No one will even notice that they’re all in blackface.”

Trudeau ended his statement by saying that training all these geese in the art of Trudeau-style techniques will cost the Canadian taxpayers a meager C$1,305,049,200,000 (US$988 billion.) He promises this a small price to pay, saying that if geese are busy then they won’t have as much time to defecate, which in turn will help combat climate change and save the polar ice caps from melting.

No word on whether United States President  Joe Biden will be utilizing similar techniques with America’s millions of seagulls.

Edited by Ghostdog
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,479
  • Content Per Day:  6.16
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

How bout saving and loving your neighbour first ?

Okay

4 hours ago, Ghostdog said:

ill still take being candian over being american anyday

Isn't it the 51st state?  Just kidding - we like to joke about that with some of our Canukian friends. (and a few of them even think it's perhaps a good idea . . . or were they just being typically polite?!)  :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

BTW - Canadians are Americans - North Americans

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Alive said:

I have always thought of North America…US and Canada as one people under two governments.

Them's fighting words!

• Haha 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,232
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Well GOD gave someone a command to go into all the earth. It is written the laborers are few.. most do not want to go out there let alone say something to that person that lives next door or in the stores or at work or school. Well we would lose our job or something if we speak up. HAHA I remember on job listening to Christian music the boss comes over and asks what am I listening to..since I always listen to music. I told him your not going like it. He listens then says "just don't say anything" haha praise GOD glory to Jesus.

There is yes and  no here well we don't save anyone He does.. He draws them to Himself...yet we are used by Him its just so many don't get all prayed up before they say something to make sure its not them just talking but the sweet holy Spirit who should be doing the leading. So many times we just push people farther away thinking.. its just  SATAN he doesn't like it when I preach! No..  you pushed them away. See these signs shall follow them that believe. He you know GOD said it and He can not lie. 

So we all should be sharing .. it is true we could be the only light they will ever see or hear. Ask Him not me

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,295
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

4 hours ago, teddyv said:

Them's fighting words!

A friend from BC told me that I'm an honorary Canadian and would receive my official toque in the mail...

That was 17 years ago. :mellow:

Edited by Marathoner

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,227
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 1/7/2023 at 8:56 AM, Vine Abider said:

I've had this kind of notion presented to me twice this week.  The first time was with my unbelieving sister-in-law.  She is quite disturbed by the whole transgenderism in schools debacle, and wants to share a good deal of related things with me and my wife, along with a plethora of right-wing political information she says we should know about in depth and get ourselves involved with so we can stop the far left agenda.  My wife and I are both pretty conservative and don't for a moment condone the in-your-face LGBTQ (am I missing any letters?) agenda and especially as it relates to this sickening transgender promotion in our schools, etc. 

We do hear about how strongly this agenda is being promoted from a church couple, who have been completely ostracized from their grandchildren, just because they do not wholeheartedly approve and support the transgender efforts of one of their granddaughters.  

I told my sister-in-law that I am certainly aware of this and fully against these things.  But she said that if someone is not actively involved in doing something about it, they are basically guilty of letting it happen, and that we should be jumping into the fray (like her) with great zeal and applied effort.  I told her I have elected to put my energies elsewhere, but will certainly vote my conscience and speak against this agenda as the opportunity arises.  This probably puzzled her a bit as she knows my faith in Christ, and probably wondered why I wouldn't be vehemently fighting this evil thing. (I wish I had simply said that my hope is in Christ alone and I didn't feel called or lead by the Lord to expend significant  time and energy in the specific effort she spoke of . . . however, I do intend to have that witnessing conversation with her soon - Lord help me!)

The second exposure to the idea (that it's a Christian's responsibility to save America) came in listening to Christian radio yesterday.  I don't know what the exact program was or who the brother being interviewed was (he has a new book out on the subject), but he was strenuously exhorting all Christians that God would judge them if they didn't get out there and oppose the far-left agenda in any way possible.  He used that phrase, about God judging Christians for not stepping up to save America, several times.

It was then that this question came to me: Is it a Christian's mission and responsibility to save America?  I remember reading and seeing things about the Moral Majority movement back in the 1980s and 90s, and the ramifications about Christians getting into bed with the political world.  One book, by Cal Thomas & Ed Dobson (Moral Majority leaders) was called, "Blinded by Might - Why the religious right can't save America." It delved into how corrupting the religious and political marriage became, and how just trying to change the country's laws and people's moral's won't save anyone (Hint - only Christ can do that).  Cal & Ed talk about how the church got seriously derailed from its true mission, which is living and witnessing the power of the living Lord.  Did Jesus rail against the brutal and pagan Roman Empire and try to change it outwardly?  If so, I haven't found that example in the New Testament.  In fact Paul says in 1 Corinthians 5:12-13, "For what business of mine is it to judge outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges."

So as for myself, I don't believe I am called, not is it my mission to "save" America.  (Sure, I love this country, becasue I believe that it was established with God's providence by God fearing men in godly wisdom; I do hope and pray for another Great Awakening.)   I am called to be a member in His body, to pursue Christ and love and build up others in the body.  I am called to be "faithful in a few things" that He has given meBut this is one of those things I don't sense His leading to do, that is, jump wholeheartedly into the political fray.  In fact, I used to put a lot of hope in the political realm and was once much like my sister-in-law in that respect.  I was a passionate and outspoken critic of the far-left agenda to anyone who would listen (and to some who wouldn't).  How many did that save into the kingdom of the Son of His love?  To my knowledge . . . not one.

"And the government will be on HIS shoulder . . . of the greatness of

HIS government and peace    there will be no end."

Isaiah 9:6-7

Glad you worked through that VA.

Now if we can`t save ourselves then how on earth can we save America. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

On 5/25/2023 at 8:44 AM, teddyv said:

Them's fighting words!

20 hours ago, Marathoner said:

A friend from BC told me that I'm an honorary Canadian and would receive my official toque in the mail...

That was 17 years ago. :mellow:

This past winter (somewhat of an oxymoron here in the Phoenix area) we met neighbors who are Canadian snowbirds.  The gave us a couple maple leaf t-shirts and invited us to stay at their place when we travel to BC this summer. 

I think that makes us honorary Canuks, right?

• Interesting! 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/26/2023 at 10:09 AM, Vine Abider said:

This past winter (somewhat of an oxymoron here in the Phoenix area) we met neighbors who are Canadian snowbirds.  The gave us a couple maple leaf t-shirts and invited us to stay at their place when we travel to BC this summer. 

I think that makes us honorary Canuks, right?

I think it makes you tourists. :⁠-⁠)

Whereabouts in BC you heading to?

• Haha 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

On 1/6/2023 at 4:56 PM, Vine Abider said:

I've had this kind of notion presented to me twice this week.  The first time was with my unbelieving sister-in-law.  She is quite disturbed by the whole transgenderism in schools debacle, and wants to share a good deal of related things with me and my wife, along with a plethora of right-wing political information she says we should know about in depth and get ourselves involved with so we can stop the far left agenda.  My wife and I are both pretty conservative and don't for a moment condone the in-your-face LGBTQ (am I missing any letters?) agenda and especially as it relates to this sickening transgender promotion in our schools, etc. 

We do hear about how strongly this agenda is being promoted from a church couple, who have been completely ostracized from their grandchildren, just because they do not wholeheartedly approve and support the transgender efforts of one of their granddaughters.  

I told my sister-in-law that I am certainly aware of this and fully against these things.  But she said that if someone is not actively involved in doing something about it, they are basically guilty of letting it happen, and that we should be jumping into the fray (like her) with great zeal and applied effort.  I told her I have elected to put my energies elsewhere, but will certainly vote my conscience and speak against this agenda as the opportunity arises.  This probably puzzled her a bit as she knows my faith in Christ, and probably wondered why I wouldn't be vehemently fighting this evil thing. (I wish I had simply said that my hope is in Christ alone and I didn't feel called or lead by the Lord to expend significant  time and energy in the specific effort she spoke of . . . however, I do intend to have that witnessing conversation with her soon - Lord help me!)

The second exposure to the idea (that it's a Christian's responsibility to save America) came in listening to Christian radio yesterday.  I don't know what the exact program was or who the brother being interviewed was (he has a new book out on the subject), but he was strenuously exhorting all Christians that God would judge them if they didn't get out there and oppose the far-left agenda in any way possible.  He used that phrase, about God judging Christians for not stepping up to save America, several times.

It was then that this question came to me: Is it a Christian's mission and responsibility to save America?  I remember reading and seeing things about the Moral Majority movement back in the 1980s and 90s, and the ramifications about Christians getting into bed with the political world.  One book, by Cal Thomas & Ed Dobson (Moral Majority leaders) was called, "Blinded by Might - Why the religious right can't save America." It delved into how corrupting the religious and political marriage became, and how just trying to change the country's laws and people's moral's won't save anyone (Hint - only Christ can do that).  Cal & Ed talk about how the church got seriously derailed from its true mission, which is living and witnessing the power of the living Lord.  Did Jesus rail against the brutal and pagan Roman Empire and try to change it outwardly?  If so, I haven't found that example in the New Testament.  In fact Paul says in 1 Corinthians 5:12-13, "For what business of mine is it to judge outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges."

So as for myself, I don't believe I am called, not is it my mission to "save" America.  (Sure, I love this country, becasue I believe that it was established with God's providence by God fearing men in godly wisdom; I do hope and pray for another Great Awakening.)   I am called to be a member in His body, to pursue Christ and love and build up others in the body.  I am called to be "faithful in a few things" that He has given meBut this is one of those things I don't sense His leading to do, that is, jump wholeheartedly into the political fray.  In fact, I used to put a lot of hope in the political realm and was once much like my sister-in-law in that respect.  I was a passionate and outspoken critic of the far-left agenda to anyone who would listen (and to some who wouldn't).  How many did that save into the kingdom of the Son of His love?  To my knowledge . . . not one.

"And the government will be on HIS shoulder . . . of the greatness of

HIS government and peace    there will be no end."

Isaiah 9:6-7

Well written Brother,Amen & honestly ,it just brings to mind( my mind,lol) "Give to Caesar what is his" ....these problems are " of the world",the carnal minded ,dead in spirit man- so if we stick to our Mission,which is Spreading The Gospel then whomever " hears & Receives" will be Made Alive!!!!

Yes, Brother - our HOPE does remain in Christ!HALLELUYAH! Holy Spirit Can Reveal,Enlighten,Bring Wisdom , Knowledge & Understanding ,opening the Eyes of the Heart for all the people who sought after the lusts of the flesh.... 

Surely ,some may feel Lead to such a cause but if it's not your Assignment then it's NOT....There's a Purpose in which we are Called & I do not Believe that Purpose is to fight for morality but to Love the immoral,speaking God's Truth about the Reason Jesus was Born,Died & Rose Again.....we are not here to judge ,we are here to preach the Gospel to every creature that none should perish but have Everlasting Life.....this is just a pit stop,we don't have a whole lot of time to get the job done....

With love in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1