• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Uriah.

This seems to have come from a Harmony of the Gospels, possibly from A. T. Robinson or from Davies'?

Either way, one must go back to the Greek to do an adequate harmony of the Olivet Discourse. The order in which Greek phrases occurs, doesn't matter as much as the cases and gender and number of the nouns involved in the Greek phrases. Several physical orders will still give the same translation.

Furthermore, I think you will find (as I did) that the key to these phrases is the PRONOUNS USED! When Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") was using the second-person plural pronouns and verb endings, He was speaking directly to those men to whom He was speaking at the time. When the pronouns veer off to third-person or talks about the general public, then He is speaking more about the future generations.

There's also a "saw-tooth pattern" to His speech: He will start in the present and near-future and then gaze off farther and farther into the future, and then SNAP back to his present and near-future again. He did this several times in the Olivet Discourse.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Reading the entire chapter 9 you understand the 24-27 just deals with Israel.For nearly 2000 God worked thru his church ending with messiahs 3 1/2 ministry and his final sacrifice for all sins. Have you  ever considered from then until now satan is guiding his church till his false prophets 3 1/2 year ministry?  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

On 3/22/2023 at 7:48 AM, Retrobyter said:

This seems to have come from a Harmony of the Gospels, possibly from A. T. Robinson or from Davies'?

Dominick McCausland- 1859.

On 3/22/2023 at 7:48 AM, Retrobyter said:

He will start in the present and near-future and then gaze off farther and farther into the future, and then SNAP back to his present and near-future again.

True! Misreading happens because of it and it is a significant hinderance to understanding. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The abomination of the the desolation already stands in the holy place for nearly 1335 years. Soon the man of sin will stand in or near and declare himself the chosen one of Israel or Islam. why is this so hard to understand?

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,687
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

The Seventy Weeks of Daniel

Daniel 9:27 clearly divides the 70th week into 2 3 1/2 year periods.
Daniel 7:25 and Daniel 12:7 describe the second half, when the holy people of God will be in the power of the 'beast'.
Revelation describes that same half several times; Revelation 13:5-7, the 'beast' conquers God's holy people for 42 months and again in Revelation 11:2.
In that same period, the faithful Christians will be taken to a place of safety on earth. Revelation 12:14

The final seven years will commence with a treaty of peace signed between the 'beast'- who will be the leader of the One World Govt and the leaders of God's holy people; all the Christians by then, living in all of the holy Land. They will have just recently experienced the dramatic defeat of a huge attacking army from the North, led by a man known as Gog.
The first half of that treaty will be peaceful and is therefore not mentioned. But at the mid point of it, the 'beast' will come to Jerusalem in force and conquer the holy people. Zechariah 14:1-2
He will sit in the Temple and declare himself to be God. 2 Thessalonians 2:4 This triggers the Great Tribulation of the Seven Trumpets and Seven Bowls, culminating in the Battle of Armageddon and the Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign.

The 70th 'week' of Daniel WILL take place in the last 7 years of this Christian era.
No doubt about it! And there is no need to be concerned, as we faithful Christians do have God's promises for His protection thru it all. Psalms 91, Isaiah 43:2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

On 3/5/2023 at 10:32 AM, Diaste said:

So idk for sure, but this part always seemed to me to wax poetic

I was just re-reading things and I thought this is interesting in a way. That's because if you look at the passage in the light of "alternating parallels" it actually makes things clearer. 

We see the alternating parallels elsewhere in scripture. I'll give examples if you want. But for now consider looking down train tracks; the points being made in Dan. 9 seems to show a movement from from one rail to the other while traveling down the timeline. One side states the work of God, the other is the works of the evil one as the line between the two zig-zag form side to side.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 3/28/2023 at 7:40 PM, bloom said:

Reading the entire chapter 9 you understand the 24-27 just deals with Israel.For nearly 2000 God worked thru his church ending with messiahs 3 1/2 ministry and his final sacrifice for all sins. Have you  ever considered from then until now satan is guiding his church till his false prophets 3 1/2 year ministry?  

Shalom, bloom.

Sorry? I think you've misspoken a bit. Did you really mean that "God worked through His church ENDING with Messiah's 3.5 year ministry and His final Sacrifice for all sins"? I'm thinking that's backwards. Wasn't it "BEGINNING with His 3.5 year ministry and His final Sacrifice for all sins"?

Are you suggesting that haSatan is MIMICKING Yeeshuwa`s 3.5-year ministry with a 3.5-year ministry of his own?

That's possible, I suppose, since anything is possible. But, is it supported anywhere by Scripture? I don't really think so.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,634
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Uriah said:

I was just re-reading things and I thought this is interesting in a way. That's because if you look at the passage in the light of "alternating parallels" it actually makes things clearer. 

We see the alternating parallels elsewhere in scripture. I'll give examples if you want. But for now consider looking down train tracks; the points being made in Dan. 9 seems to show a movement from from one rail to the other while traveling down the timeline. One side states the work of God, the other is the works of the evil one as the line between the two zig-zag form side to side.  

Interesting. I'd very much like to see an example.