IGNORED

Why does God remain silent and expect me to read his mind?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

Here's something for you. Consider the example and words of Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ. People tried to kill him and left him for dead.

But Jews came from Antioch and Iconium, and having won over the crowds, they stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, thinking that he was dead. But while the disciples stood around him, he got up and entered the city. The next day he left with Barnabas for Derbe. And after they had preached the gospel to that city and had made a good number of disciples, they returned to Lystra, to Iconium, and to Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying, “It is through many tribulations that we must enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:19-22 NASB)

Paul endured traumatic events on multiple occasions. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/15/2023 at 1:24 PM, Jayne said:

Since you have been here for the last four and 1/2 years, you have been very critical of your family and your two baby daddies.  It sounds like with just cause.  I get that.

But you have also constantly been critical of God.  That, I don't get.

You are so consumed with your bad life that you blame God for it all and you have set yourself up as his judge.  Many, many of your threads are blaming God.

No wonder you don't hear from him.  He may be speaking, but your heart and mind are too cluttered with depressive thoughts and condemnation of God that you can't hear him.

Listen, I understand that two toddlers with no help is hectic.  BUT,  BUT, BUT if you have time to get on the computer and complain about God, then you have time to pray TO him and read the Bible, his Word to you.

I still pray for you. 

Romans 12:1-2 speaks of renewing your mind.  Unclutter it.

I just want to second all of this and add that God isn't a get out of jail free card. Some of the things that happen to us are just the consequences of our own or other people's actions. Just have to try to move forward and stick with God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,587
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

“For who has known the mind of the Lord,
    or who has been his counselor?”
 “Or who has given a gift to him
    that he might be repaid?”

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

No one reads the mind of God. God neither expects that, nor allows for it happening. 

Life has consequence, bad choices end up with bad results that then have to be lived out. It is tough for sure, but it is also what becomes opportunity to develop the  grit to stand up, do something, or try to do something that is a blessing to God.

Take best care you can for your kids, no matter the difficulty involved.

Cherish your parents. Do right by them always.

Start by quiting the bellyaching for that never allows  you to go forward, nor prosper, nor gain, in any manner at all. It just becomes a lame excuse. It is a wrong path  altogether to berate one's parents.  Stop doing it, stop. Work at that hard.

Become a joy to behold to all that come in contact with you.  Work it hard. May God bless you in that endeavor.

Love God- love one another.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

18 hours ago, Marathoner said:

The Lord was silent toward me for many years, @Figure of eighty. I didn't know nor understand why, and I fell into believing that He despised me. I was wrong. 

It was necessary for me to endure trials and tribulations and while these were going on, it was agonizing to say the least. I lost everything and had no home. I wandered aimlessly. I was cast out over and over again. 

It wasn't until those trials and tribulations reached their conclusion that the Lord spoke to me at last. There came a day when I understood the necessity of what I endured, and that's behind me now. I seek to encourage you, so you'll know that you're not the only one. Many of us have suffered hard things, and some of us still do. 

The Lord has not forgotten you, nor does He despise you. 

Thank you. I'm glad someone understands what I'm going through. What did God say when he finally did speak? 

Thanks for saying he doesn't despise me. I got off the phone from a prayer line and the lady I prayed with helped. She helped me not to feel crazy. 

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

On 1/15/2023 at 2:24 PM, Jayne said:

Since you have been here for the last four and 1/2 years, you have been very critical of your family and your two baby daddies.  It sounds like with just cause.  I get that.

But you have also constantly been critical of God.  That, I don't get.

You are so consumed with your bad life that you blame God for it all and you have set yourself up as his judge.  Many, many of your threads are blaming God.

No wonder you don't hear from him.  He may be speaking, but your heart and mind are too cluttered with depressive thoughts and condemnation of God that you can't hear him.

Listen, I understand that two toddlers with no help is hectic.  BUT,  BUT, BUT if you have time to get on the computer and complain about God, then you have time to pray TO him and read the Bible, his Word to you.

I still pray for you. 

Romans 12:1-2 speaks of renewing your mind.  Unclutter it.

I didn't see the top portion of your thread so I will reply. I agree some of what I'm going through are consequences of my own actions but there are people have made my same choices and worse having more kids than I but are still able to achieve and aren't railroaded and the main difference is the fact that they have support where as I don't. I don't think my parents treating me poorly is a consequence of having kids when some other single parents don't endure the same. It's just a reflection of my parents. If that's the case then all single parents would struggle and we all don't the major factor that decides that is support. 

I think consequences of single parenthood is the lack of sleep and sacrifices but being treated like garbage definitely isn't one. Neither is losing everything back to back from your job,car and everything else. I know a single mom that has a good ,job, home and car ect... so if it was a consequence of being a single parent then every single parent would be destitute but that's not the case. 

Also like I was saying. I am trying.. it would be different if I weren't then I'd understand why my situation is the way it is. It seems the harder I try to find my way out the more blocked off I am. 

You are right I have been super critical of God bc I was just trying to take care of my family ( my kids) so I don't know why everything was taken from me. I also kind of forgot about the trials well face in our lives as I got caught up aith day to day life and just got really frustrated nothing was working. 

Now that I was forced to stop I'm more introspective and trying to incorporate God in my life. I'm gonna try and make the prayer line conversation a daily or weekly thing.. 

Bc I can't even go to church and it was nice to talk to someone that's also a believer.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

19 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I agree some of what I'm going through are consequences of my own actions but there are people have made my same choices and worse having more kids than I but are still able to achieve and aren't railroaded and the main difference is the fact that they have support where as I don't.

I feel this one pretty hard. While an abusive family or a supportive one doesn't guarantee a particular outcome or level of success an abusive one hits on so many levels.

• 1 month later...

I wanted you post an update. I was able to move. I'm now in a townhome with my kids. I'm so grateful.. I'm so thankful. I thanked God. 

I'm still struggling with anxiety as it's just me and my kids and it's alot.. so if you could please keep me in your prayers. 

But the load is a bit lighter.

• Praise God! 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I wanted you post an update. I was able to move. I'm now in a townhome with my kids. I'm so grateful.. I'm so thankful. I thanked God. 

I'm still struggling with anxiety as it's just me and my kids and it's alot.. so if you could please keep me in your prayers. 

Hi FO80,

Praise the Lord that you have come thus far. Let`s just keep thanking the Lord for what we do have and how He has led us. This helps us to be more peaceful.

Still praying, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I'm very happy for you and also, with you, grateful to God!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

It can be that God is being quiet . . . not silent. 

And yes He has people praying to help you, though you might not hear us praying! :)

And read His word and be attentive to what comes to help you.

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

As you put your hope in God and He proves Himself to you, now you can help others.

• Loved it! 1