IGNORED

Clearing up some myths about satan, demons, and hell.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,033
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

Could you define dignitaries for me please? Am I correct in assuming that refers to demons/the demonic? 

I would like to work with you further on this as sanctified communication is an important part of spiritual growth. The cross-referenced verses that admonish the constrained use of language are too numerous to list, but the general idea is that we should not corrupt ourselves with worldly language even though we can't totally avoid exposure to it.

(Eph 4:29)  Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
(Eph 4:30)  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
(Eph 4:31)  Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
(Eph 4:32)  And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

(Col 3:8)  But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth.

*dignitaries (Greek: “glories” or “glorious ones”). This is a general term that could include all those, whether angels or men, who have been vested with governmental authority by God. Here it probably means human rulers.[Bible Believers' Commentary]

(2Pe 2:10)  and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries, (2Pe 2:11)  whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.

(Jud 1:8)  Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. (Jud 1:9)  Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" (Jud 1:10)  But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.

Just a reminder about the Terms of Service here:

Quote: 

"You may not post any material that is disrespectful of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible. This includes user names or anything in your profile, or sig. (Ex. 20:7)

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

The use of profanity will not be tolerated. This includes sexually explicit, vulgar, or other profane language or usernames as well as any any signs or symbols that suggests such. Do not post sexually explicit, vulgar or offensive website addresses (URL's) to the forum. (Eph. 4: 29)"
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

I would like to work with you further on this as sanctified communication is an important part of spiritual growth. The cross-referenced verses that admonish the constrained use of language are too numerous to list, but the general idea is that we should not corrupt ourselves with worldly language even though we can't totally avoid exposure to it.

(Eph 4:29)  Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
(Eph 4:30)  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
(Eph 4:31)  Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
(Eph 4:32)  And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

(Col 3:8)  But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth.

*dignitaries (Greek: “glories” or “glorious ones”). This is a general term that could include all those, whether angels or men, who have been vested with governmental authority by God. Here it probably means human rulers.[Bible Believers' Commentary]

(2Pe 2:10)  and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries, (2Pe 2:11)  whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.

(Jud 1:8)  Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. (Jud 1:9)  Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" (Jud 1:10)  But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.

Just a reminder about the Terms of Service here:

Quote: 

"You may not post any material that is disrespectful of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible. This includes user names or anything in your profile, or sig. (Ex. 20:7)

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

The use of profanity will not be tolerated. This includes sexually explicit, vulgar, or other profane language or usernames as well as any any signs or symbols that suggests such. Do not post sexually explicit, vulgar or offensive website addresses (URL's) to the forum. (Eph. 4: 29)"

This is a very well informed post and I appreciate you taking the time to make it for me. I will keep a close eye on your posts as well as rethink my sense of humor in a more spiritually appropriate context. I will keep a lookout for any more study material you throw my way sir ✝️❤️

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,340
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

1 hour ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

This is a very well informed post and I appreciate you taking the time to make it for me. I will keep a close eye on your posts as well as rethink my sense of humor in a more spiritually appropriate context. I will keep a lookout for any more study material you throw my way sir ✝️❤️

I found silence to be a wonderful friend. Even better that that silence began involuntarily which is to say, I was afflicted and found it difficult to speak anything but the simplest words and phrases for a long time. 

I found that, remaining silent, I learned much more than I had before. The Lord made it simple which was His kindness, but it is a great struggle to control our tongue (or keyboard as it were). We must always remain vigilant, my friend. Until our time is finished on this earth, we must endeavor to measure our words with loving care. 

One step at a time. :) 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, other one said:

any expletive delete shouldn't be here....   I don't disagree that Satan will get what he deserves, but I won't rejoice in it.  Satan was Gods greatest creation at the time he was made, and it's really sad that he's done what he's done..    Poor thing really doesn't understand he's doomed even now unless he's done so very recently.... but it really isn't something to rejoice over.

It IS very sad that he has done what he has done. No argument there.

However, I wouldn't worry about feeling sorry for the devil, or thinking he's somehow a "poor thing that really doesn't understand he's doomed now"  -- the Bible has many passages that show he is very well aware, as are the fallen angels, we call demons or devils, with him. All of them who saw Jesus Christ walking the earth, screamed in terror asking if He had come to throw them in the pit, or the abyss, was it time, etc.? 

Example:

Mark 1:21-25 New International Version 21 They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22 The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. 23 Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out, 24 “What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!” 25 “Be quiet!” said Jesus sternly. “Come out of him!”

They obviously know. And if the little minions or demons know, Satan knows. Also in Revelation it says specifically that Satan gets really angry and takes his anger out on God's children BECAUSE HE KNOWS HIS TIME IS SHORT.

Revelation 12:12 New International Version 12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short.”

The bold lettering is MY emphasis, not how it's written. There are more examples found in Mark 3:11, Mark 5:2-7, and Luke 4:40-41. People, however, such as the scribes, Pharisees and people did NOT know who Jesus was. Eventually the Pharisees knew, but hardened their hearts because they wanted to hold onto their power over the people and didn't want the Messiah to take away their "careers" and all the praise from people about how "great" and "religious" they were. It was pride, sort of a human version of Satan's pride. When someone knowingly does that, I don't feel sorry for them, but it is sad. I feel much sorrier for people who have been told lies about God and have walked away. Those are the ones I feel very sorry for and pray for on a regular basis.

These scriptures above indicate to me that Satan knows. If it were simply a human like you and I, @other one I would be right beside you feeling bad for that human. But Satan and the angels that fell were once a holy angels who knew and SAW the glory and truth of God. Far more than us humans know this side of the veil.

I am hoping this helps. If you know all this already, then I wasted your time, and apologize for misunderstanding your compassion for the devil. Perhaps if this is the case, you could elaborate and enlighten me as to what you mean.

Edited by S. Carpenter
correcting citations and some wording
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, S. Carpenter said:

Revelation 12:12 New International Version 12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short.”

The bold lettering is MY emphasis, not how it's written. There are more examples found in Mark 3:11, Mark 5:2-7, and Luke 4:40-41. People, however, such as the scribes, Pharisees and people did NOT know who Jesus was. Eventually the Pharisees knew, but hardened their hearts because they wanted to hold onto their power over the people and didn't want the Messiah to take away their "careers" and all the praise from people about how "great" and "religious" they were. It was pride, sort of a human version of Satan's pride. When someone knowingly does that, I don't feel sorry for them, but it is sad. I feel much sorrier for people who have been told lies about God and have walked away. Those are the ones I feel very sorry for and pray for on a regular basis.

I do not believe this has happened yet.    He has been kicked out of the third heaven that Paul speaks of ( I think it was Paul) but not the first or second.  I do not believe he has turned his full fury on planet earth....   That is coming and we should be spiritually prepared for it.