Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

The southern Baptist ousted Saddle Back Church founded by Pastor Rick Warren for having a teaching Women Pastor. I personally believe the scripture teaches a women should not. I know there is different opinion on this. But if the scripture commands this then we should obey God. Saddleback has 14 locations now and 60.000 members. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

7 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

The southern Baptist ousted Saddle Back Church founded by Pastor Rick Warren for having a teaching Women Pastor. I personally believe the scripture teaches a women should not. I know there is different opinion on this. But if the scripture commands this then we should obey God. Saddleback has 14 locations now and 60.000 members. 

It seems everyone has verses they ignore pick the right verse and post it and no will ouote cause they dont want to talk about it.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Good for them. Rick Warren isnt what I would call scripturally sound anyway, it shouldn't have taken this long to oust his church.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  575
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,690
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  9

Rick Warren retired last year from Saddleback Church. They now have a new Pastor.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

Well . . . I only have this to comment about this subject . . . IF women should not teach, THEN logically . . . 

Women should also not be allowed to teach in Sunday school to our kids . . . 

Older Women should not be allowed to teach younger women (a direct contradiction of scripture) . . . 

Personally, I learn from scripture being taught by anyone (as long as it is sound teaching), and IF done correctly with the teachers under biblical authority, AND the anointing of the Holy Spirit, women who have the gifting to teach can be a blessing to the body of Christ.

So . . . go ahead and try to convince me otherwise . . . . LOL

Ray . . . 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

Jesus knows. And He chose men as His first apostles. And He used Mary Magdalene to be the first witness of Him resurrected. John and Peter came to the sepulchre but did not see Jesus risen, there. But then Jesus did appear to Mary, and He used her to tell the men that Jesus rose from the dead. 

So, yes the disciples did some preaching, and Jesus used her to do His reaching.

"without a word" > 1 Peter 3:1-4 > God is able to use Christian wives to reach and win "any" disobedient husband. It seems to me that 1 Peter 3:1-4 means that a woman of Christ can reach a man, by being pleasing to God in His love's "gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." And be a good example.

So, I suppose you can make sure about what you are called to do, simply by seeing what Jesus has you doing, or does not have you doing, while you are submissive to Him in His love's His rest for our souls.

After all, if we do what Jesus really has us doing, "you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:29).

And it appears to me, how some number of men and women claim to be called to preach and teach and pastor, but they are not obeying how Jesus has us doing ministry with His rest for our souls. They can be workaholic and controlling and getting emotionally wasted.

So, a man or a woman can test how either one is called, by simply seeing what Jesus has you doing with Him in His rest.

Like this, we can test what our calling means, by submitting to how our Father rules us in his peace . . . what He personally guides us to do in this peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

I notice how this says all of us are called to be ruled by God in His peace. But there are preachers and teachers who do not seem to talk much about making sure of God's will by simply submitting to Him and seeing what He really has us doing in sharing with Him in this peace.

So, a lady can be wise to make sure about if her calling is working with rest for her soul, and is not in ambition and type-A ego and stress and trying to prove something. And likewise, we men can be smart to make sure if we are obedient to God in His peace, and not just trying to boss women and others around.

Edited by com7fy8

12 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I thought women should not preach but they are allowed to teach

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

10 minutes ago, coheir said:

I thought women should not preach but they are allowed to teach

You might not be able to fully separate the two.

In any case, a lady should not teach in a way that is putting herself "over" a man . . . or over anyone else.

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock " (1 Peter 5:3)

"But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children." (1 Thessalonians 2:7)

19 minutes ago, com7fy8 said:

You might not be able to fully separate the two.

In any case, a lady should not teach in a way that is putting herself "over" a man . . . or over anyone else.

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock " (1 Peter 5:3)

"But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children." (1 Thessalonians 2:7)

and can you explain for me how does this work when so many Christians say they walk in the spirit. Because in the spirit is no man or no woman. I thought walking (in the spirit) equality

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Look at the scripture they use to say that women should not be pastors and see who said it and who he said it to and what was going on around the people he spoke it to.

Not everything in the Bible is meant for everyone, everywhere, and all times.

• Well Said! 1