IGNORED

Four questions for YECs - (and a little history of creationism vs evolution)

IgnatioDeLoyola

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Very good isn't equal to perfection, sorry the two meanings are vastly different. God is perfect all else fall short of His Glory.

Seasons is mentioned in creation no it was not a result of a curse.

Would you please provide scripture for both of those claims? I'm open to correction if I'm wrong, but I don't see any scripture to support what your saying. Please show me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

14 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Would you please provide scripture for both of those claims? I'm open to correction if I'm wrong, but I don't see any scripture to support what your saying. Please show me.

Very good is used as a response to say one will do something that one has been told or asked to do. If creation started on its own it would of been perfect.

Adam would of jumped up headed to the garden and started tending. 

Edited by BeyondET

5 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Very good is used as a response to say one will do something that one has been told or asked to do. If creation started on its own it would of been perfect.

Adam would of jumped up headed to garden and started tending. 

Not sure what you mean by "if creation started on it's own". You mean like the big bang or without God? Adam was placed in the garden, he wasn't created there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

2 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Not sure what you mean by "if creation started on it's own". You mean like the big bang or without God? Adam was placed in the garden, he wasn't created there. 

If creation didn't need a Creator, it would be perfect as God is perfect. So creation was very good because of God.

Edited by BeyondET

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,168
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

4 hours ago, HAZARD said:

God created man to live forever in the natural body, as is clear from the fact that man would have lived a natural life forever if he had not sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

That's not what God said.  In fact, God indicated that unless Adam ate from the Tree of  Life, he would remain mortal and not live forever.  

Genesis 3:22  22 And he said: Behold Adam is become as one of us, knowing good and evil: now, therefore, lest perhaps he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever.

2 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Very good isn't equal to perfection, sorry the two meanings are vastly different. God is perfect all else fall short of His Glory.

Correct.   The things of creation can be very good.  But only God is truly perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Would you please provide scripture for both of those claims?

Genesis 1:14 And God said: Let there be lights made in the firmament of heaven, to divide the day and the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years:

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Of course physical death existed before Adam.   Satan sinned, after all.   However, the death Adam brought into mankind was a spiritual death, not a physical one.   God tells Adam that he will die the day he eats from the tree.   But when Adam does this, he lives on for many years thereafter.  If God is truthful, then that death is not a physical one.

Please show just 1 scripture that says physical death existed before Adam sinned. That teaching is not biblical. There was NO death before Adam sinned, spiritual or physical. The sin of the fallen angels did not change the creation as Adam's sin did.

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

Genesis 1:14 And God said: Let there be lights made in the firmament of heaven, to divide the day and the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years:

The sun and moon kept track of time. I never said time was a result of the curse. Seasons existed before the curse. Yes, I apparently misspoke on that. However I would say the seasons weren't like they are today. Chapter 8 is the first instance of the mention of Summer and Winter. That suggests they didn't exist til Noah. Probably because of the earth climate and geography being radically different than today.

1 hour ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

The sun and moon kept track of time.

Which is how we know that the creation story in Genesis is figurative.  No mornings or evenings absent a sun.

Seasons existed before the curse.

Pretty much everything in nature that exists now.   The curse was spiritual, not physical, as God makes clear when He speaks to Adam.

Chapter 8 is the first instance of the mention of Summer and Winter. That suggests they didn't exist til Noah.

Chapter 8 is the first instance of the mention of Summer and Winter. That suggests they didn't exist til Noah.

Summer and winter are seasons, and God says seasons existed from the beginning. 

Please show just 1 scripture that says physical death existed before Adam sinned.

God mentioned it to Adam before the fall, and Adam obviously knew what physical death was; he even told Eve about God's prohibition.

Notice that the serpent deceived Eve by pretending that God meant a physical death, so clearly it was a thing before the fall.