IGNORED

Lord, Teach me to LET You Operate IN me!

Vine Abider

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

"Therefore submit to God." (in James 4:7)

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

"the Father who dwells in Me does the works" (in John 14:10)

So, yes surrender. But there are soldiers who can surrender but they do not defect and become loyal and submissive to whoever they surrender to.

We need to surrender, plus trust how Jesus changes us in our character so we are submissive to how He rules us in His own peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

We need how God corrects our character (Hebrews 12:4-14) so we are submissive to how He rules us in His own peace > how He changes us, transforming and renewing and tuning us to how He is in His love.

Seek this in prayer >

"praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God" (in Jude 20-21).

And this has us "in one body" with all of God's obedient children . . . therefore in family caring and sharing prayerfully together, not praying for this in isolation with ourselves, but praying "for all the saints" (in Ephesians 6:18).

So, this surrender is submissive to God who is so beautifully kind and personal . . . not distant from us while we try and struggle in the isolation of our own free wills >

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." (1 Corinthians 6:17)

And we have Jesus Himself praying for us to so succeed. Jesus is praying for us . . . according to His faith (Romans 8:34) :)

Edited by com7fy8
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.65
  • Days Won:  1

I've been giving some back of the mind thought to this since it was posted.

Finally:  I think we LET him by ASKING him, repeatedly and on an ongoing basis, hour by hour and day by day.

That's what it's ended up meaning to me anyway, maybe other things to others.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,479
  • Content Per Day:  6.16
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

19 minutes ago, FJK said:

I've been giving some back of the mind thought to this since it was posted.

Finally:  I think we LET him by ASKING him, repeatedly and on an ongoing basis, hour by hour and day by day.

That's what it's ended up meaning to me anyway, maybe other things to others.

"Let" is such a big word in the new covenant!  It's because of everything He's done and given to us.  These are facts.  Now we simply let Him have His way in us, through us and in the things around us.  (He is gentle and will not force us.)

As @com7fy8 quoted from Col 3:15 "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts"

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,232
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

You know just AMEN to Lord, Teach me to LET You Operate IN me!" thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Added to my monthly prayer, so now it's:

"Lord teach me to let You operate in me that I might really know You, my exceedingly great reward, and that I may be faithful in at least a few things!"

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,295
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

You stir me to remember something I had forgotten for a long time, @Vine Abider. First, we know that whatever we ask according to His will, the Lord hears us. Secondly, your petition is commendable to say the least; the Lord surely inclines His ear toward you. What? How can I say something like that? 

The Lord commands us to deny ourselves, yes? Therefore, any petition brought before the Lord which honors His commandment --- being conformed into a vessel fit to serve His will on this earth honors His will and purpose for His Body --- is a gift He will not withhold from His beloved. So, when the Lord sends the fiery trial to purge us of that dross which pollutes us, He refines us in the furnace of affliction like silver is refined. He tests us like gold is tried. We exchange our filthy rags for garments cleansed by His fire. 

When I was young, I was cautioned by more than one elder in the following way: be mindful of what you ask the Lord to do. If you ask for wisdom, He will test you sorely. If you ask the Lord for strength, He will bring you low in weakness! 

What did I do in light of this counsel? Here is the prayer I had forgotten about:

I asked the Lord to destroy me, and fashion me into a vessel which pleases Him. I am a stupid man, Lord; teach me Your ways. My tongue is profane! Teach me how to speak in a manner which pleases You. My right hand doesn't know what the left is doing... teach me wisdom, Lord!

Twenty years, brother. Over the span of those years, the Lord was pleased to grant my petition. Of course, He isn't finished with me yet... 

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

The tiniest shred of obedience is the will of God!

Not I, but Christ. I can do nothing. Repeat, I can do nothing. Only abide.

"Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing"

"By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples"         

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

5 hours ago, Marathoner said:

You stir me to remember something I had forgotten for a long time, @Vine Abider. First, we know that whatever we ask according to His will, the Lord hears us. Secondly, your petition is commendable to say the least; the Lord surely inclines His ear toward you. What? How can I say something like that? 

The Lord commands us to deny ourselves, yes? Therefore, any petition brought before the Lord which honors His commandment --- being conformed into a vessel fit to serve His will on this earth honors His will and purpose for His Body --- is a gift He will not withhold from His beloved. So, when the Lord sends the fiery trial to purge us of that dross which pollutes us, He refines us in the furnace of affliction like silver is refined. He tests us like gold is tried. We exchange our filthy rags for garments cleansed by His fire. 

When I was young, I was cautioned by more than one elder in the following way: be mindful of what you ask the Lord to do. If you ask for wisdom, He will test you sorely. If you ask the Lord for strength, He will bring you low in weakness! 

What did I do in light of this counsel? Here is the prayer I had forgotten about:

I asked the Lord to destroy me, and fashion me into a vessel which pleases Him. I am a stupid man, Lord; teach me Your ways. My tongue is profane! Teach me how to speak in a manner which pleases You. My right hand doesn't know what the left is doing... teach me wisdom, Lord!

Twenty years, brother. Over the span of those years, the Lord was pleased to grant my petition. Of course, He isn't finished with me yet... 

a prayer  prayed often ,Heres to another decade bruv, ps...loving your posts.

• Thanks 1

Read this yesterday and was really impressed with the thought: "The way Christ lived on the earth is precisely the same way He is living in us.  We must see that the kind of life He lived in the flesh is not something different from the life He now lives in us!"

Wow - what a life-giving Spirit in us! :hurrah:

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 3/5/2023 at 1:56 PM, Marathoner said:

As for about being mindful of praying for wisdom,  that really hit home hard. 

I did that just last night and I'll tell ya, today was a very rough day, but I did indeed ultimately gain the wisdom I asked for. Hallelujah 

• Well Said! 1