Montana Marv

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Many here in Bible Prophecy and Eschatology have their heads so high in the cloud of Bible Prophecy and Eschatology, that they have forgotten who the Believer is in Christ Jesus.

Case in Point;  Jesus was Crucified, Buried, and arose (Resurrected) on the morning of the third day.  Yea, I believe this so what...

Back to the basics of the Believer in Christ Jesus:

We as a Believer have been crucified in/with Christ according to Gal 2:20.  John 12 24 - Unless a seed dies, it cannot bear fruit.  So Only One Logical Collusion;  We Believers are ALL Dead in Christ Jesus.  This is the only way we can bear fruit.  Rom 6:4 - We were therefore buried with Him through the Baptism into death.  And yet it gets better....

Christ arose (was Resurrected) on the third day.   Rom 6:8 - Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with Him. Rom 8:10,11 - But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of Righteousness.  And if the Spirit of him who raise Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead, will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

Yea, I believe this so what...  Do you now...  We as Believers in Christ have now gone the the Crucifixion, and Burial, and Resurrection with Christ.  Ok, what's the point.  The Believer in Christ has already been Resurrected.  There is no future Resurrection for us, It is done and is Complete, by the Spirit in Christ Jesus.  We are there already, the process is done.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

That word Easter is offensive to my very spirit.  Born again Christians should speak of this time of year using a different vocabulary.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

Yes it is a very simple process. We the seed have died, We the seed are buried, And We the seed arise out of the ground to bear fruit.

The Death, Burial and Resurrection is now complete for the Believer in Christ.

In Christ

Montana Marv

2 minutes ago, other one said:

That word Easter is offensive to my very spirit.  Born again Christians should speak of this time of year using a different vocabulary.

But it did get your attention, didn't it.

In Christ

Mpntana Marv

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, Montana Marv said:

But it did get your attention, didn't it.

In Christ

Mpntana Marv

You don't need that kind of attention.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,568
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

29 minutes ago, other one said:

Your own spirit cannot handle what it considers to be such an offense?

Yes I likely know most all the words and origins of words surrounding Easter, Passover, Resurrection Sunday, and resurrection occurring Saturday night  not on sunrise Sunday, and on and on too.

Seems mostly to be a game of oneupsmanship played by way too many people instead of their sharing the awesome message that is the gospel of Jesus ( Yeshua).

Overall I'd say if there is to be emphasis it might be best placed on the word "Ascended". Yeshua  ascended. And  evidently not only once, but twice after his resurrection,- and will return yet again. 

To me that is the victory, the victory over the final enemy death. The  word Easter versus  Resurrection Sunday not withstanding. My own spirit is not offended in the least by any  of the terms one might use in describing my Lord's victory that has won for me eternal life with God. He ascended! In that is victory for me.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

26 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

Yes it is a very simple process. We the seed have died, We the seed are buried, And We the seed arise out of the ground to bear fruit.

The Death, Burial and Resurrection is now complete for the Believer in Christ.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Anyone can compare apples to oranges and appear to have said something wise.

When a human is born again, what part of that human is put to death and a replacement instantly created?
Answer: it is the human SPIRIT that is put to death. The physical heart does not cease to beat. Yes, we "died in Christ" but that is specifically and only talking about the human spirit. The creation of a new creation—that is the new human spirit is NEVER in scripture called a resurrection. The word "resurrection" is speaking of the physical dimension: a physical human being who has died, is then brought back to life. A great example is Lazarus who was dead 4 days. Jesus resurrected Lazarus.

Paul tells us that when the dead in Christ are resurrected—the dust gathered, reformed into a body and LIFE brought back to that body, God will turn that body into a resurrection body, a new, spiritual, blood and bone body. Blood will no longer be needed.

The truth then is, there is a resurrection waiting for the dead in Christ, as Paul outlined in scripture. It will be a PHYSICAL resurrection of an old physical body that ceased to function. Many will have turned back into dust. 

John 11:24  Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

There WILL be a resurrection of physical bodies coming soon.

42 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

The truth then is, there is a resurrection waiting for the dead in Christ, as Paul outlined in scripture. It will be a PHYSICAL resurrection of an old physical body that ceased to function. Many will have turned back into dust. 

There is no future Resurrection for anyone in Christ.  If Spirit who raised Christ from the dead is living in you, will give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who lives in you.  If one has been Crucified with Christ, then gone through the Baptism of His death, he surely will be made alive again by the Holy Spirit.  3 steps Believers in Christ all must go through to be identified with Christ.

This process you describe has already happened to those in Christ.  Paul says so.  Those Alive in Christ in 1 Thes 4 don't die do they, when did they die to get Resurrected.  It happened at the Cross.

I knew this topic would be a stumbling block for many.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Very similar to water Baptism; We have died (to self), then put under (buried), then we come up (become new).  We have died, then buried, and then we arise (which is Resurrection).  One must die to sin, be buried and then arise to live again.  All Believers must go through this process.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Montana Marv said:

There is no future Resurrection for anyone in Christ.  If Spirit who raised Christ from the dead is living in you, will give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who lives in you.  If one has been Crucified with Christ, then gone through the Baptism of His death, he surely will be made alive again by the Holy Spirit.  3 steps Believers in Christ all must go through to be identified with Christ.

This process you describe has already happened to those in Christ.  Paul says so.  Those Alive in Christ in 1 Thes 4 don't die do they, when did they die to get Resurrected.  It happened at the Cross.

I knew this topic would be a stumbling block for many.

In Christ

Montana Marv

If the Lord tarries His coming, you can remain in the grave. I suspect, with no faith in the resurrection, God will give you just what you are believing for and in. The church, however, is going to be raised from the dead and changed from a mortal being into an immortal.