IGNORED

Is America About To Loose It's Stewardship?

Joshua_Entangled

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Excellent points raised by @AdHoc

As for the U.S. being exceptional regarding the spreading of the Gospel, that's quite the stretch. Despotic monarchies of the colonial era did the same, if not more. 

American exceptionalism is a persistent cultural myth. Stewardship? Of what? 

38 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

You raise great historical and biblical questions. Many of that period believed in Divine providence and manifest destiny. America was not exactly founded on Christianity, but its first waves of migrants desired religious liberty.

1. Was the USA ever given a "Stewardship"?

Our new government's declaration was:

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.[1]

It seems our 1st founding legal document at least hints at "stewardship."

Reading George Washington's personal letters, I thought he was the most complex and moral founding father I have ever studied. I see nowhere in Washington's correspondence that he professes "saving faith," and I may be wrong. It is evident he believed in a creator God, mentioned many times in his personal letters. Only he and God know.

With his high degree in Masonry, Washington would have known the mysteries and secrets of the cult. To my recollection, one Masonry requirement is believing "in a god."

Can we serve two masters, have saving faith in Jesus Christ our Lord, and be a Free Mason?

Again, I may have missed it and been wrong. But I do not recall Washington expounding anything about Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior in his many personal letters.

[1] The Declaration of Independence. Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Bible Software, 1998. Print.

It is refreshing when men show insight and honesty. I think that both these postings fit.

There is no doubt in my mind that God's hand is in the matter. Both Great Britain and the USA were raised up to further the gospel. Both had great effect. But my question is, did the nation as such receive any special mission by the Lord? Was it not private religious organizations that trained, sent and funded the evangelists? And is it not true that nowhere in the Bible is a government commanded to support evangelism? At best, their job is to maintain law and order and build infrastructure so that a free economy may prosper? Was it not the DISCIPLES who were commissioned to evangelize, and was not the Church "the ground and pillar of the TRUTH?".

In Great Britain and the USA we have a large portion of the population who claim to be Christian, and a large contingent of ordinary citizens who live very moral lives - mostly according to Christian principles. For this, the wrath of God is stayed. But consider this; Great Britain have, as the official organ of religion, The Church of England. It's declared Head is a mortal man, or in the case of the previous 70 years -a woman. While State and religion are separated by the US Constitution, a huge contingent, if not all, of governmental offices are occupied by Free Masons - a religion. The Man Jesus commanded His people not to take oaths. But every Mason takes an oath of silence under pain of death, even from the very first degree. Then they further take oaths of government, even though the Masonic oath is weightier. And when these "double-allegiance" men and women are influential enough, they go to war without a thought of turning the other cheek.

I am a realist. I was also a soldier. I've had may share of misbehavior. I dare not judge "them without". But Nations receiving a mandate to further God's affairs on earth - I just cannot see. Not that God is unable to use their foibles to further His agenda ...

• Well Said! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

42 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

It is refreshing when men show insight and honesty. I think that both these postings fit.

There is no doubt in my mind that God's hand is in the matter. Both Great Britain and the USA were raised up to further the gospel. Both had great effect. But my question is, did the nation as such receive any special mission by the Lord? Was it not private religious organizations that trained, sent and funded the evangelists? And is it not true that nowhere in the Bible is a government commanded to support evangelism? At best, their job is to maintain law and order and build infrastructure so that a free economy may prosper? Was it not the DISCIPLES who were commissioned to evangelize, and was not the Church "the ground and pillar of the TRUTH?".

In Great Britain and the USA we have a large portion of the population who claim to be Christian, and a large contingent of ordinary citizens who live very moral lives - mostly according to Christian principles. For this, the wrath of God is stayed. But consider this; Great Britain have, as the official organ of religion, The Church of England. It's declared Head is a mortal man, or in the case of the previous 70 years -a woman. While State and religion are separated by the US Constitution, a huge contingent, if not all, of governmental offices are occupied by Free Masons - a religion. The Man Jesus commanded His people not to take oaths. But every Mason takes an oath of silence under pain of death, even from the very first degree. Then they further take oaths of government, even though the Masonic oath is weightier. And when these "double-allegiance" men and women are influential enough, they go to war without a thought of turning the other cheek.

I am a realist. I was also a soldier. I've had may share of misbehavior. I dare not judge "them without". But Nations receiving a mandate to further God's affairs on earth - I just cannot see. Not that God is unable to use their foibles to further His agenda ...

Well said, brother. I couldn't have articulated the reality of our estate on this earth more clearly.

Reality, then, is what we ought to embrace with sober-minded resolve. We are scattered across the globe, residents in these nations of man, and wherever we reside the Lord commands us to obey civil authority He has established. If there's a simple way to summarize the nature of our position in these nations, it's this:

We are ambassadors of Jesus Christ. 

We are citizens of His kingdom without end.

The Son of God is the master whom we serve. We don't serve more than one master. 

Simple to be sure, but I believe this illustrates the harmony of the scriptures and the teachings of the Lord and His apostles. :)

Edited by Marathoner
Typo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/12/1972

I believe the first plague will be against our financial system, the heart of our government.  It will take it down drastically by loosing us from financial operations in the middle east.  If I had large sums in the USA, I would be VERY concerned that it may follow suite with Babylon in Revelation which loses its wealth in one hour.  Re: After 70 years of peaceful relations (the years of a king, Isaiah 23:15) Saudi and USA are very likely to discontinue terms as we speak.  

Great Britain is better positioned then we are I'm afraid, their currency is not at risk (as much).  God likes the future USA to be much more independent from this world's wealth + financial operations.  Fair trade, that's a good place for the US to start (in time) once the world is ready to trust her again.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, AdHoc said:

Whatever view one takes, God blessed America far more than any other nation in history. Our nation made many grievous errors in morality and judgment, slavery, and annihilation-displacement of Native Americans, to name only two, in the name of manifest destiny. Still, many were opposed to both and were not silenced.

Short of Salem witch hunts and the like, our laws we adopted from English Common Law and biblical principles for a couple of centuries. The Bible and secular history records that when nations pass abominable laws and when it becomes the law of the land. Judgment and destruction shortly fall upon that nation. There is the constantly repeating and predictable cycle of nations that I have posted before that even secularists understand.

We were incredibly blessed partly because of our moral laws and standards enacted originally. We have always supported Israel's re-establishment (as with Britain) as a nation, especially after WW II. We have sent more missionaries around the globe to spread the Gospel than any other nation.

As everyone here is witnessing, these former blessings are rapidly diminishing. Our government is feverishly working hard to remove all vestiges of Christianity from everywhere, calling homosexuality, abortion et al., good, and those who speak against it evil, baskets of deplorables, and domestic terrorists.

Sanctioning and voting to take away Israel's land God gave them for possession forever, for a two-state peace solution that would never pacify the Muslims-Arabs anyway.

Genesis 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

Amen. 

• 3 weeks later...

When you hear the 10 spirits of the world order in America tormenting foreign leaders + powers, you see this authority we have is trying to bring us to extinction in no short order.