Ani Tefillah

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.40
  • Content Count:  2,124
  • Content Per Day:  2.48
  • Days Won:  5

Well, I've noticed that I'm using much time on my smartphone and also a little too much on my tablet, so I decided to do something about it and challenge myself. πŸ“²πŸ“΄πŸ™ƒ

Β 

So yesterday I was totally off both the phone and the tablet, I actually placed them in another room. πŸ˜…

It is quite easy for me to not eat anything (fast) for one day, but I must admit that it was a bigger challenge to not be on the phone or the tablet for one day, (I don't have a computer πŸ–₯ / laptop, only a tablet....but it is a tiny πŸ’» pc, isn't it?).

Β 

However, I think I will continue to be offline some days a week, as what I do FOR the Lord, isn't more important than my relationship WITH Him, I believe. ☺️

Β 

What's your opinion on this, and is it something you can consider to do? Do you think you should limit your time on the phone, tablet, computer etc, to be more with the Lord or/and your family and friends?Β 

🌸 🌼 🌸 🌼 🌸 🌼 🌸 🌼 🌸 

Β 

I wish you a blessed and fruitful day (still)! 😊

Β 

self3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  977
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,943
  • Content Per Day:  5.08
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, What do I think!

Β It Β is a split decision for me.

Β I absolutely dislike cell phone life.

Yet, I am looking for the best cellphone I can get Β as far as an antenna is concerned. That evidently Β is a near $2,000 investment. Whoa. Time to love my little old still functioning 6S Iphone all the more, and just turn it off.

Which I now do actually turn off instead of keeping it even bedside in case I got a West coast USA business message in the middle of the night.

Plus, I have switched to monitored alarm system for security Β of premises instead of just cameras alone. And computers, well a mixed blessing and curse aren't they?!

Sure a lot lighter than a Strongs and Haley and acouple dozen refence books and bibles to carry.Why even the text of each worship service message Β is streamed live at church. It is a sea of blue lights held by most everyone attending.

And at restaurants, oh my, everyone staring at a cellphone while eating and sharing selfies. It's a nutso world, but here we are right in it. So I think you are right to tame it, use it but tame it, so that you are in charge and not the various devices.

BTW my own laptop is mid 2015 issue. Keys have no letters on them anymore the body Β is swollen a bit as the batteries expanded. Today's little tablets have more go power than this old Macbook pro ever had, and at one forth the price. Do I want something newer and faster? Nah, I can't run as fast as they can go anyway. My needs vesus my ego is all that is involved nowadays.

I want off the grid entirely and no emergency windup radio either. Fasting, deliberately fasting from technology, might be a way to start. Thanks for the thought!

Ha,wonder what an AI generated response to your thought/question might be?

Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  786
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,970
  • Content Per Day:  3.02
  • Days Won:  1

I don't subscribe to newspaper or magazine anymore so i use cellphone to read every day.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.17
  • Days Won:  1

Our phones dominate and even control access to the world we live in.

As an example, my PayPal account had to be closed because you can no longer have one without a smart phone, a landline only no longer being acceptable to them (and I had been with them with the same phone number and e-mail address since they first started).

This is just a hint of things to come, maybe a small view of the way the Beast will soon take over.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  977
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,943
  • Content Per Day:  5.08
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I don't even know what a paypal account is.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

32 minutes ago, FJK said:

Our phones dominate and even control access to the world we live in.

As an example, my PayPal account had to be closed because you can no longer have one without a smart phone, a landline only no longer being acceptable to them (and I had been with them with the same phone number and e-mail address since they first started).

This is just a hint of things to come, maybe a small view of the way the Beast will soon take over.

Amen to that! I don't have any bankid or internet bank account (and will not have it either), therefore I can't shop online with Klarna etc anymore, as they've started to crave bankid. Well, then I'm saving those money. 😊 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I'm not sure either, but I think it is an option to pay for things you buy online?Β 

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

My wife hates it when I go hunting, because I go out of my way to either find an area with zero cell service, or I "accidentally" leave my phone in the truck while I go traipsing through the wilderness looking for either bambi or wile E coyote lol

I don't mind technology, I love computers, I hate phones. Of all kinds. Doesn't matter if it's a landline or a flip phone or a smartphone. But a cell phone is pretty much a necessary evil anymore, but I certainly enjoy my little wilderness escapes from all electronics. Clean mountain air provides great opportunities to clear ones head.Β 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

My wife hates it when I go hunting, because I go out of my way to either find an area with zero cell service, or I "accidentally" leave my phone in the truck while I go traipsing through the wilderness looking for either bambi or wile E coyote lol

At 76, I don't think I want to go traipsing through the wilderness without my phone.Β  LoL

I don't watch much tv any longer, so I get most of my news and entertainment either on the computer or phone.

I do spend a lot of time here on worthy, but I also do movies on my phone.

As for credit cards, we made $600+ cash back last year....Β Β  tax free at that for it was my money they gave me back.Β Β  And paid off at the end of each month so no interest....Β Β Β  And we don't write checks which are getting expensive here, and I don't have to carry or keep enough enough cash around to be worth dying for.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

PayPal is an online way of paying for things...and I actually really like it. Not only does it make it faster...but it's more secure. There's a lot of fake websites selling either fake products, or actual products but once you give them your credit card # they steal it and use it for other stuff...

If paypal is connected to the site you can rest assured that it's legit, as PayPal actually researched who uses it and won't let just anyone sign up for it, and they insure everything that it's used for-so say a scammer does manage to trick Paypal and you don't get your product, first off they can't steal your credit card number as they don't have it (only PayPal does) and if you don't get your product they make sure you get your money back.

I'm sure in the future it will likely be misused by the powers that be, but it's a pretty solid business platform. I use it frequently.

• Interesting! 2