IGNORED

Paul's arguer's proven Pic of 2000 yrs ago from Acts 26: Do you think you can convince me to become a Christian in such a short time?NKJV Footnote. 60 to 9o% of US Christian youth left the faith-Kirk Cameron, Josh Mcdowell. British are druids today. Why?

rontiger

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, rontiger said:

Thanks so much for your frank reply DeighAnn! I super appreciate it sister- may God bless you and all who are reading this.

Well, it started out scary, as my usual, so I really appreciate how it ended.  When we learn Gods Words as God wrote them...what a fun, wonderful, happy, uplifting, heartbreaking, funny and powerful story we find that it needs no embellishments at all.  When we learn it precept on precept, precept on precept verse by verse....we receive in the way ordered by Him and so we build on that solid foundation. I think that has gotten lost.   THANK GOD I was blessed with all the time I needed to do it just that way.  God bless you, your timing couldn't have been better...Thank you

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Birthday:  10/20/1957

2 Thess. 2:3– In the last days there will come a great falling away, a great apostasy.

As a pastor I can tell you this is not just a youth problem.

Many adults are leaving the churches as well.  The love of many is growing cold.

There are a number of reasons for this.

1. Unsound Bible teaching.

2.  Lack of Christian love.

3.  Competition from worldly entertainment.

4.  Lack of commitment to Christ.

5.  Ashamed of Christ.

6.  Lazy.

7.  Confused.

8.  Internet worship.

Probably could think of a few more but you get the picture.

• Well Said! 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/11/2023 at 5:19 PM, other one said:

The problem I had with most churches before we settled on a Nazarene Church was that they didn't teach everything I read in the Bible and they taught things that I didn't find there.   I did not see the Love that I've seen in our present church and that's why we attend there.  I can't be a member because I do not agree with all their doctrine, but the people there love one another.

We tried just about everywhere.

Hi my friend! It's great to hear from you again. I'm glad you found a church where they love one another! I always tell my friends that there should be a big plaque in every church with  Jesus's New Commandment , John 12:34 inscribed on it "Love one another as I have loved you."

I read a scholar say this this is about an even deeper love than :love your neighbor as yourself. It's a sacrificial love that we usually limit to our immediate family.  Churches have to teach this all-important commandment by making it super obvious - and reinforce it- hence the plaque.

People will choose to show greater, substantial love when they really believe that the Bible is true and that the church leaders expect it. The greater the faith in Christ, the greater the love for our fellow church members.

Thanks for the reply-always love hearing from you dear brother! May God bless you and yours!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Chesterons answer to ' What's wrong with the world? '

" I am! "

Is also the answer to the comp,ain't in this thread.

Who has shown no interest in learning about Christianity?

Who has been lackadaisical  in there private devotions?

Who has not listened to the meat of the gospel preferring to drink milk?

Who has not challenged  their congregations on spiritual and moral issues?

Who has not brought spiritual meat before their members, encouraging them to digest it?

The list goes on and on but basically  the responsibility  for the decline in our churches is ours.

The old testament  refrain,  if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves, turn from their wicked ways and pray.

What will hapen?

• Interesting! 1

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 4/22/2023 at 9:49 PM, BibleWords said:

2 Thess. 2:3– In the last days there will come a great falling away, a great apostasy.

As a pastor I can tell you this is not just a youth problem.

Many adults are leaving the churches as well.  The love of many is growing cold.

There are a number of reasons for this.

1. Unsound Bible teaching.

2.  Lack of Christian love.

3.  Competition from worldly entertainment.

4.  Lack of commitment to Christ.

5.  Ashamed of Christ.

6.  Lazy.

7.  Confused.

8.  Internet worship.

Probably could think of a few more but you get the picture.

Thank you for your reply Biblewords! 

Your frank comment that even church-going adults are leaving Christianity made think of Jesus's words in Mark 4: 16-17:   "And these are the ones sown on rocky ground: the ones who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy. And they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away.

I remember that some years I was talking to my mom's cable guy about his faith. He told me he was an unbeliever even though he had gone to Christian schools as a youth and did once believe in our Lord Jesus. I didn't know what to say but I showed him the photos of the Lachish relief from windowintothebible and some other stuff from their site. He genuinely was absolutely shocked to learn that there exists actual proven evidence for the Bible. 

He told me he will certainly consider becoming a Christian again. 

So I am certain we can prove the Bible to Christians.  Christians are demanding we do this as studies show; and Christ has given us all the tools to do the job.

And so through Christ's Word and his Spirit,  we can counter successfully all the problems you importantly informed us of; and keep all Christians in Christ and in Church!

We just have to very diligent as Proverbs tells us. We have to roll up our sleeves, and implement simply teaching and showing that Bible is really true. VBS is a great opportunity but it has to be done in Sunday School and youth ministry too.

A special thanks for your faithful pastoral work -an increasingly hard job in our present times. May God bless you and your church!

And thank you all for spending your precious time reading my 2 cents! God bless you all and Worthy Ministries.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

There is a strong and simple need to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12.2) and for 'Thy word' to be 'a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path' (Psalm 119.105), and not to become distracted.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49

On 4/11/2023 at 12:32 PM, DeighAnn said:

If I had a computer and was going to church hearing all these different teachings

And everyone of them claims to believe what the bible teaches. No wonder they do not believe it.

We all have been a part of this sad situation. 

• Interesting! 1

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97

On 6/20/2023 at 9:16 PM, Anne2 said:

And everyone of them claims to believe what the bible teaches. No wonder they do not believe it.

We all have been a part of this sad situation. 

We are being seduced by worldly wisdom and treasures that are no treasures at all.

• Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94

Public schools are doing their job.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

As encouragement; God has taken this former adult atheist through a journey to places where His word flourishes.

He has taken me to places where  generations have bred generations, that breed generations that are called  by the Holy Spirit and have heeded that call. I see a flourishing that  is geometric in growth of shear numbers, but better than that with a deepening  of understanding God's will as revealed in the word of the Bible and the lead by the Holy Spirit. 

• Praise God! 1