• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

4 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

If our light is artificial, we will be judged accordingly.

Matthew 6:23 But if your eye is evil, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

On 4/24/2023 at 8:47 PM, HAZARD said:

We know God created light and darkness in the beginning, but since His creation of these things obscuring the sun and bringing darkness are the result of judgment, not creation.

John 1 seems to parallel themes in Genesis 1 rather vividly, indeed...........

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 4/23/2023 at 8:22 PM, kwikphilly said:

I got that and I understood what you meant- as you can see what a simple little" whaddya think" turns into around here-

Ya think :13: 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/25/2023 at 2:24 PM, other one said:

Roof damage, probably going to have to replace it.  Our cover port for our RV was all mangled up and knocked three good sized holes in the edge of the roof of the RV  My neighbor helped me cover those with Flex Tape.   The cover itself  was not salvageable because it is twisted.   A lot of support brackets broken, but the base frame was bent beyond straightening up.  It is firmly anchored into the ground with Mobil Home tie-downs.    Our house itself, except for the shingles is OK as far as I know

Some neighbors helped me tear it down, and a friend of my next door neighbor hauled it off.  They did it just for helping.

I had asked three others what it would cost and they wanted between 2 and 3 thousand dollars.   Scamming rip off people.

Anyway. the rv thing and a good sized limb off the pecan tree was on the top of the cellar door and had our neighbor and his family was with us or we might have had to wait for the fire department to get us out.   One of the posts was over the door at an angle and we could just barely get the door open enough to crawl out.

All together I would say the Lord took special care of us that night.  Others lost a lot of their houses and a block or two away it trashed a good part of our high school buildings.   The power was out for three days, but the Lord was wise enough to get me to buy a generator about 15 years ago, so we had electric power..

What really aggravated me was I had hurt my right knee a week or so before the tornado and I was not able to help others as much as I normally would have.

Clipboard01.jpg

Forgive me for wandering away from the topic once again.

In tornado alley, like some of you, these severe storms and tornados were a weekly occurrence, and I was getting lulled into a sense of ho-hum with their frequency, taking them lighter and lighter. During one of those frequent tornado warnings and my iPhone going off to immediately take shelter, a few minutes later, for some reason, I decided to go outside for a gander.

At about 10:00 P.M., I debated whether to go to bed, and the wife went to bed. I went outside on the deck; the air was eerily still with no breeze. Except for frequent lightning, it was pitch black. Not far off to the West, I heard a loud constant rushing of wind, with no gust variation. I have heard and seen it before during daylight, and I would not describe it sounds like a freight train.

I ran to the bedroom, shouting for my wife to go downstairs NOW. Standing in the “basement,” which is ground surface level, I realized what I had on me might be all I had left if we survived: T-shirt, thin slippers, no wallet, one flashlight, and both our cell phones.

With the accumulated hours of power outages due to frequent storm damage, my little Coleman 5k-watt generator sure made life more comfortable.

We did not have cell service for hours afterward with a couple of these severe lines of storms and tornados.

Praise the Lord; I only had about 40 hours of work pushing downed trees out of the way with my tractor and picking up limbs and branches.

Praying for you and all who have damages, and grateful for the Lord’s protection for all of us.

• Thumbs Up 1