IGNORED

Is True Love biblical ? The bible says about finding True Love ?

grumix8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

The bible tells us love comes from God, but what type of love is true love. Is true love from God ? The true love God says is what needs in thr heart to find it ? Is his True love as a father, the love a women and men must have to find true love ? The love of a couple of men and women the love he wants us to love so we can love the univers like him or love like Jesus ? Love comes from him a father love's, a mother love's, and love of siblings is love and the bible verses says all love is his creation. What is your experience in true love ? What bible verse you found tell true love or other love God says in the bible.
We will look at verses and find proverbs 31 the women God wants and psalms a place where true love is and verses.

Someone wrote this and like it.

Jesus said, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13.

So, what does "lay down his life for his friends" mean? Does one have to die in order to prove their love for someone?

Or, is "laying down our lives" for someone else more sacrificial? A woman has a child, and "lays down her life" for that child, in that she sets aside her 'selfish' desires, and tends to the needs of that child.

A married man may want a new snowblower, but instead uses the money to buy Christmas gifts for his family.

To me, what Jesus did for us...the sacrifice...for ALL of us...was true love.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Here is love show in rebukes for an example

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Leviticus 19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, 
and not suffer sin upon him.

Prov 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.

Says rebuke a wise man and he will love you too.

That kind of love too?

Guest AFlameOfFire

Here is a couple of examples which show love between the in a similar way

2 Cr 8:8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.

2 Cr 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor
that ye through his poverty might be rich.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: 
and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

8 hours ago, grumix8 said:
The bible tells us love comes from God, but what type of love is true love. Is true love from God ? The true love God says is what needs in thr heart to find it ? Is his True love as a father, the love a women and men must have to find true love ? The love of a couple of men and women the love he wants us to love so we can love the univers like him or love like Jesus ? Love comes from him a father love's, a mother love's, and love of siblings is love and the bible verses says all love is his creation. What is your experience in true love ? What bible verse you found tell true love or other love God says in the bible.
We will look at verses and find proverbs 31 the women God wants and psalms a place where true love is and verses.

I always go back to a common reference in the bible on the subject of love. 1 Corinthians 13.

3 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Men and women often drop the standard requirements for love in this passage. Even believers. I find the Lord's love flows through me and I sincerely love others.If I love someone I want the best for them which means instead of envy we are happy for them. Instead of being short with them we want to wait to hear what they will say and truly value it or in love rebuke it.

When we really care for someone we are more than willing to forgive them if they offend us. We want no harm for those we love, so we will do protective things to help them.Love is locked into purity because purity is wholesome and fulfilling. We see the damage unwholesome things can do, so we fight against those things. We persevere for those we love and would trade ourselves for them if it means their good. I see so many parents sacrificing this worlds good to put their kids through college. Husbands sacrificing for wives  or deferring to their wants over their own and visa versa.

God's love never fails and we are tapped into His love if we follow Him. Here's the clincher. We are to love our enemies. The bible tells us to love our neighbor as ourselves. I once thought this a heavy chore, and I have known some people who were more difficult to love than others.

If I love my enemy, is that person any longer my enemy? Maybe they are unkowingly working for my spiritual enemy, but I begin to see them as a friend , and they really are my friend as I would do anything for them I would do for a friend. I appreciate them . I am looking out for them. They may not reciprocate but true love isn't  always based on reciprocation. It feels good if it happens. Most of my earthly friends have at one time or another let me down and I've probably let them down without realizing it. Some friends drift away over time or we become less intimate with them due to life happening.

There is a natural "hook" between men and women where boundaries need to be set.Lines not crossed. This takes wisdom, understanding and self control on both sides of it. Don't put yourself in a situation where you could be tempted to go too far. If you are tempted to get attached to that deeper level, deal with it in the same ways you deal with any other temptation. Pray. Don't feed it.  

Our differences can be appreciated without going too far, that is unless you are single and looking for a wife and those emotional hooks might be setting into someone which is a natural series of events if you are serious with them. This love is a romantic love and it's interesting the Lord uses this kind of love to express His love for the us as the "bride". That love is really a soul tie which is what happens when a man marries a woman. 

The world replaces sex for love and has all kinds of other incorrect contexts for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

ABOUNDING  IN  LOVE

JOHN 15:13  greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends 

--15:4--  you are  MY  friends --IF-- you do whatsoever I command you 

MARK 8:35  for whosoever will save his life  --shall lose it--  but whosoever shall lose his life for  MY  sake  --and the gospels--  the same shall save it

JOHN 14:15  IF  YOU  LOVE  ME  KEEP  MY  COMMANDMENTS 

1 JOHN 3:10  in this the children of  GOD  are manifest  --and the children of the devil--  whosoever doeth not righteousness  --IS  NOT  OF  GOD--  neither he that loveth not his brother  --

1 JOHN 2:9  he that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother is in darkness even until now

--2:10--  he that loveth his brother abideth in the light  ---AND  THERE  IS  NONE  OCCASSION  OF  STUMBLING  IN  HIM---

PSALM 119:130  the entrance of thy words giveth light --- it giveth understanding unto the simple 

JOHN 14:23  JESUS  answered and said unto him  --IF--  a man love  ME  --HE  WILL  KEEP  MY  WORDS--  and  MY  FATHER  will love him and we will come unto him and make our abode with him

JOHN 15:9  as  THE  FATHER  hath loved  ME  so have I loved you --continue you in  MY  love--

--15:10--  IF  YOU  --  keep  MY  commandments --  you shall abide in  MY  love  --  even as I have kept  MY  FATHERS  commandments and abide in  HIS  love

--15:11-- these things have I spoken unto you that  MY  joy might remain in you and that your joy might be full 

--15:12-- this is  MY  commandment that you love me as I have loved you

JEREMIAH 15:16  thy words were found and I did eat them and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart for I am called by thy name  O LORD GOD  OF  HOSTS

1 CORINTHIANS 16:22  if any man love not  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  ---  let him be anathema maranatha 

2 CORINTHIANS 4:1  therefore seeing we have this ministry as we have received mercy we faint not 

--4:2-- but we have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty --not walking in craftiness  ---  nor handling the word of  GOD  deceitfully--  but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every mans conscience in the sight of  GOD

--4:3-- but if our gospel be hid it is hid to them ---that  are  lost---

--4:4-- in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not  ---lest the light of the glorious gospel of  CHRIST--- who is the image of  GOD  should shine unto them ---

--4:5--  FOR  WE  PREACH  NOT  OURSELVES  --- BUT  CHRIST  JESUS  THE  LORD --- and our selves your servants for  JESUS  sake

JOHN 3:19  and this is the condemnation that light is come into the world and men loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil

JOHN 12:46   I am come a light into the world that whosoever believeth on  ME  should not abide in darkness

ACTS 5:20  go stand and speak in the temple to the people ---ALL  THE  WORDS  OF  THIS  LIFE---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  

• Thanks 1

friend said this.

Romantic love is certainly found in the Bible. Not only is the Song of Solomon about romantic love but so is the love of Jacob for Rachel and his willingness to serve Laban for seven years in order to marry her.
Gen. 29:18 Now Jacob loved Rachel, so he said, ''I will serve you seven years for your younger daughter Rachel. . . 20] So Jacob served seven years for Rachel and they seemed to him but a few days because of his love for her.
So there you have it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

There is only one word for `love` in English however in Greek there are 4 words to describe the different types of `love,` 

1. Philia - brotherly love.

2. Eros - romantic love.

3. Storge - family love.

4. Agape - God`s divine love.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

15 hours ago, grumix8 said:

friend said this.

Romantic love is certainly found in the Bible. Not only is the Song of Solomon about romantic love but so is the love of Jacob for Rachel and his willingness to serve Laban for seven years in order to marry her.
Gen. 29:18 Now Jacob loved Rachel, so he said, ''I will serve you seven years for your younger daughter Rachel. . . 20] So Jacob served seven years for Rachel and they seemed to him but a few days because of his love for her.
So there you have it.

This reflects the fact that at one time any daufghter who was to be married had to be "released" by the father, which I imagine could be frustrating at times for the man. He could ask and be refused. In this case, less than honest things went on and Jacob ended up with two wives.

Eros love "should" involve more than the physical.

• 2 weeks later...

How to find True Love Biblically ! Part 1:

Love comes from God and he created it, he wanted man and woman in the Eden. there was the first true love and it is where love comes from and the model God wanted for man and women to have. We see he gave commands and love came from Eden. God created love and wanted love to be on Earth. Eden is how he wanted the world and what is the original model of love he wanted man and women is there. There is a model man-God true love and women-God true love and there is one man-women true love that God gives and there is a secret in it.

God made love and he has an important reason why he created love and is reaveals secrets. There is an importance in love he wants us to love and he created love so we are connencted to him.

Love is sometimes uncomfortable and we find it, it will come out not like we want but like God wants and it is neccesary soemtimes that way. Some people don't know how love will do all this and wome sometimes do and sometimes they don't really love is like fire and grows and dissapears like God in mysterious ways. There are many ways love is said in the bible becomes and some in poetry, some in literary way, some spirit, and others by Biology thru pheromones and body functions.

Love is more than that God's love in Heaven is something we don't grasp but we have before, feel it and where with him in heaven and had his love and before he sent us we did know what it was and we use it in heaven. Love is part of what God gives in heaven and he gave it to us for a purpose he has and in his plan of God and it is all different it all works for his plan and love comes out when you least expect it.

David realtionship with Bethsabe- it was wrong and yet God let him have her and it was a bad start but still God's plan got thru and what was needed for Solomon to be born and Israel kingdom to exist happened. Sometimes hard times have to happen so love can become true love and putting it in God's hands will help.

Abraham realtionship with Sarah- They are the model relationship after the fall they pass hard tests but shows true love wins against the them all and were faithful to God and got thru it all. Love is part of the test God gives to man and women, to the people who worship him.

Even in tragedy those who fall in love are examples true love is part of the plan of God and will test you.

there will be more examples of Abraham-sarah couple, we will see true love can come at the beggining, middle of life, or in the end and wait for 50 years or 60 years to have it. Just like Jacob had to pass 7 years to have Rachel it is sometimes the hard tests of love and his people.

Love can be in the beggining when your a child and meet them to pass thru all the tests.

Love can be in your middle life and when you are mature.

Love can be at the end of your life and at old age find true love and it all can be a purpose find true love and thru hard times when your young pass thru test and be faithful to your wife and to God and be with God and be faithful until the end.

Sometimes you had true love you did something good for your love life and been a couple you help someone in that earlylife and if you weren't a couple couldn't do it because you were not in a partner relationship and they didn't compare to you. Because you weren't in the same position as them and just out of probabilities you were doing things and it happened out of nowhere and you help someone and did the plan of God and change someone life to become a christian. It could be you where in middle life and found love and she left becuase she was confused and wasn't sure you were the one person you were meant and she left because she wasn't sure. Later you forgive her because true love will love no matter what. You have to put God first and if God wanted you to find true love you will ask for it and she will be the one.

But you will find true love and she left you for someone you will see you will find her and even if contradiction in the next words, be agaisnt God because he is testing you and he will do that God and not to leave the faith but even hard things in life. You wait and she realize she was wrong and you love each other true love is there and is the true love God gives. It may sound contradictable but sometimes it will go that way God test to have true love. Remember it will depend and it all has to do with the plan of God.

For example I know a couple women found a man and he was a gentile and she was jewish. They knew they were meant for each other and they were part of the plan of God. But thier families were against each and thier religion were against each other. The girl went against her religion and the guy rejected his family they met in secret and kept thier love. At the end he went jewish and converted.

This was a happy ending and some stories I found and know you have heard of it and others. Men left thier jewish religion and married and the girl left thier life and got married he never came back to judaism. But they found true love. The other story one left his life and amrried to a women and christian women left the church but later got back in their old age and were baptized. They could be against God but sometimes happens to find true love God will put in those conditions. This are the test God gives that gives.

The first part to have true love.

1. Ask God for it. Pray to him and pray to him he will answer no !!! But if you really want it get it no matter what. He will send you tests and let you have victory and she might leave but he wants you pass the hard times and be faithful. You will see she might die or she leaves and you will see her in the end. And God will save her and meet her in heaven. It is a test and God is not God that does not want happy ending but needs to make story that new and be the story he wants to be witness of your story and you will pass hard times but you will win. And true love at the end will win. Eve if she dies, she leave you, or sometimes an accident you don't happens.