IGNORED

Another of my favorites just went home ...

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Charles Stanley went home to be with the Lord on the 18th, at the age of 90.  I have been watching him all my life and he was one of the most direct and graceful preachers on TV.  I'm going to miss his teachings.

He was a great man of God and will be sorely missed. Many lately went home to be with the Lord, Chuck Missler, and Michael Heiser, to name a couple, and some lesser knowns.

That is one thing all humanity shares equally with no discrimination, after a whisp of existence in time, poof, going into eternity. The dash between two dates on our headstones is the sum of our lives, what we did in life, for whom, and why.

Many work in vain for a lasting memory and legacy for what they did and contributed to be remembered. What they did and believed is all the rewards they will ever receive while alive.

We have the blessed hope of spending eternity with those preceding and after us in heaven. Just like Job, we have the rock-solid promise of reuniting with our friends and loved ones in the future.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I too will miss him. Not many like him are left. Definitely not his son Andy Stanley.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

19 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

He was a great man of God and will be sorely missed. Many lately went home to be with the Lord, Chuck Missler, and Michael Heiser, to name a couple, and some lesser knowns.

That is one thing all humanity shares equally with no discrimination, after a whisp of existence in time, poof, going into eternity. The dash between two dates on our headstones is the sum of our lives, what we did in life, for whom, and why.

Many work in vain for a lasting memory and legacy for what they did and contributed to be remembered. What they did and believed is all the rewards they will ever receive while alive.

We have the blessed hope of spending eternity with those preceding and after us in heaven. Just like Job, we have the rock-solid promise of reuniting with our friends and loved ones in the future.

I used to listen to his sermons. I think the name used was In Touch Ministries.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

Charles Stanley went home to be with the Lord on the 18th, at the age of 90.  I have been watching him all my life and he was one of the most direct and graceful preachers on TV.  I'm going to miss his teachings.

"direct and graceful"

That's exactly how I would put it.  I have about  65 of his sermons DVRed and saved.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

His was one of the most frequented radio preachers I listened to back in the 1980s and 90's when I began to be serious about my faith and God's word.

I've only watched a few of his videos since. My Beloved Bride and I did (while passing through Atlanta) peek into the empty sanctuary at First Baptist during the week (at the old building many years ago) and saw the old style TV cameras in the back of the sanctuary. 

He is home now.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 4/20/2023 at 9:05 AM, OneLight said:

Thanks for sharing.. man loved watching him.. thanks for sharing this. Hes happy now.. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/20/2023 at 11:37 AM, Rick-Parker said:

I too will miss him. Not many like him are left. Definitely not his son Andy Stanley.

Thanks Rick for the heads up on Andy Stanley. Watched a few vids of his. What a shame.

• Thanks 1