• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

3 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Indeed. When I say (and also write) that the evil of today is no different than the evil of yesterday, and how we do not live in exceptional times, it's spoken (or written) from the crucible of what I have seen and heard in this world. That it's a true statement is verified by the words of the Lord Himself: what was done is what will be done, so there is nothing new under the sun. 

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

- Daniel 12:4,9-10 (KJV)

No doubt about it, these days we’re living in are the most fascinating (exceptional) bible times in history! Today is the time when "many would run to and fro" and "knowledge would be increased" and the "seals" of God's Word would be opened and "unveiled" by the Lamb of God to "the wise" (Rev. 6:1).  

And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

- Revelation 6:1 (KJV)

We currently live in the "time of the end" that the prophet Daniel wrote of.  The words of Daniel's prophesy were to be closed up and sealed until the very end.  And when "the time of the end" came, the wise would understand what was written regarding the events of the last generation—that’s us who have “eyes to see and ears to hear.”

And on the first Pentecost Day following the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the apostle Peter quoted the words of the prophet Joel as follows:

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

- Acts 2:17-21 (KJV)

All these exceptional events that will come to pass during and after this final generation were prophesied once upon a time a very, very long time ago.

But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

- Mark 13:23 (KJV)

s e l a h

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,355
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I teach and lead children in the worship of God... I fill them with as much of God's Word as I can and then bath that 'doing' through prayer into God's care and love... I get up close and personal about His presence among us and explain the war of this world and flesh against s/Spiritual realities formed from God's Word... The most important lesson I teach them is if they want to be closer to God then they must increase in His Word which is hard work... I say children which do you prefer to do play or sit down and read God's Word -pause- then this: the experience of this life and all it entails will pass away and be forgotten BUT the s/Spiritual growth through the intake of God's Word will be kept forever without end... They understand they must choose... and I understand that I must pray for them... Oh that Godliness be raised up in our ungodly place around us...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

5 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Indeed. When I say (and also write) that the evil of today is no different than the evil of yesterday, and how we do not live in exceptional times, it's spoken (or written) from the crucible of what I have seen and heard in this world. That it's a true statement is verified by the words of the Lord Himself: what was done is what will be done, so there is nothing new under the sun. 

Before the Lord revealed Himself to me, I wanted to die so that the nightmare would end. The nightmare wasn't about what was done to me; it was all about what I witnessed being done to others. The evil in men's hearts knows no bounds and it has always been that way, so I know better than to accept the notion that today is somehow worse than it was 50 (or even 100) years ago. There was no one capable of redeeming the time, dear sister. There was no way to stop the nightmare... nothing worked or helped. Nothing at all. 

But I didn't know the Lord, kwik. I didn't know the One who redeems time. I was blind and couldn't comprehend why it was needful to be a witness of the terror by night and that fear which comes by day, and to understand what it means to dread another day on this earth. Why?

Because these are the ones whom the Lord sends me to serve and love. That was my adopted mother years ago, and so many of the clients whom He commits into my care now. When I sought to die and end the nightmare I couldn't escape, the Lord drew near and revealed Himself. Our Lord Jesus Christ claimed me as His own. And so I learned...

There is One who redeems time, my friend. There is One who redeems us all, and He redeems me. There is nothing too great for our God and Savior Jesus Christ: the nightmare ended in Him. I haven't forgotten what I witnessed and endured, but learned why I suffered in such a way. It was so I might understand those whom He loves and cherishes: men, women, and children. Yes, even those who commit unspeakable evil under the sun. My understanding encompassed the truth that I am capable of the same evil. 

You know that I'm not doomy and gloomy! Ah, but it's good for us to soberly contend with (and also for) the truth: there is nothing new under the sun. The evil of yesterday is also the evil of today. The One who redeems time and also man says, Come to Me. :)  

Blessings Brother!

I understand exactly what you are saying-yes,God Knows every single one of us from beginning to end( from before our beginning and after our next destination) indeed,it is Written-the Book of Life,the New Heaven,New Earth,Everything - for He IS Alpha & Omega!!!! Oh, Halleluyah!

At first I didn't grasp your meaning "the world is already judged,Judgement has been Passed".   But of course,my finite mind is so bound by the constraints of time and of space....God IS not,He is the Great I Am...

How easily we can look back and say'I was Healed,Forgiven over 2000yrs ago,it's already Done by Jesus at Calvary" yet to look ahead we fail to see " It's already Done "..... Amazing!Thank you

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Churches and Christians do NOT need to avoid discrimination, and censorship. They need to be true to scripture and preach the truth. If you are a Christian and not offending someone, you probably aren't being a faithful Christian. As far as social platforms, you tell the truth no matter the consequences. 

We can preach the gospel in a non-offensive manner when people are not rejecting hearing it, but when they do not want to hear it, walk away.  This does not mean you cannot preach in the street when they are free to walk away, but it does mean do not go after them when obviously they are not seeking Him.

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. 7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

God has led His disciples in like manner, leading them away from people He knew would not receive Him as they were not seeking Him, but led them to a people that was.

Acts 16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, 7 After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not. 8 And they passing by Mysia came down to Troas. 9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. 10 And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

Granted, His disciples have been attacked and even kicked out of the city.

Matthew 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. 15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

An example of their preaching which was received by the Gentiles but rejected and banned by the Jews in kicking them out of the city is at this link below:  

Acts 13:13-52 KJV

So as the Lord leads, there will be times when one should recognize someone not seeking Him to stop but one can always leave an option for them to ask them questions in the future, but when preaching to a crowd, they can freely walk away however, depending on the Lord's working, you may reach some but still be persecuted and arrested or whatever but you can respond with joy by dusting your feet off having no hatred nor bitterness towards those enemies but having joy in the Holy Ghost that they are not reacting by the flesh in hating their enemies for doing that.  <---- Clarity is needed to defer from thinking another supernatural filling is required when it is just a testimony how and why they were reacting in that way.

12 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hmm,where'd that first paragraph come from? Interesting take on what I've shared,lol.   I boast for Christ,period- all I am is because of Christ in me,from where He Brought me to the New Creature I am today - all the Glory Belongs to Almighty God- Praise & thank You Jesus🙏From the depths of darkness unto His Marvelous Light❤️

Be Blessed

Just to be clear to the readers;  talking about yourself in what the Lord has done for you is what sinners and saved believers want to hear in what the Lord can do for them rather than have someone talk about what they are doing for the Lord which would be akin to seeking praise from men.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

40 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

At first I didn't grasp your meaning "the world is already judged,Judgement has been Passed".   But of course,my finite mind is so bound by the constraints of time and of space....God IS not,He is the Great I Am...

So do you believe that the world has already been judged?  If so, can you explain why you believe this with Scripture?  Thank you.

s e l a h

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

Dennis: You appear to have hit a topic that a lot of people are conscience with; Namely talk about Jesus to whomever regardless of age, children included.

So, for me, remembering the answer of the disciples to the scribes and pharisees,  the question is: Do I obey God or men? 

The other considerations of yes/no fall in place IF we keep the main point of obeying God in mind . . . 

Another consideration for parents is that we have the right to teach our children our values (Christian values included). I am not afraid of my kids hearing 'alternative non-Christian values' because they need to know what the world believes, and why it is wrong. It is my responsibility to de-bunk world philosopy and help my kids understand why the Bible is trustworthy, and alternative world views are wrong.

Much of what we are seeing in our society is due to lazy Christian parents who do not teach their children bible truths.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,693
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all,Look at the total disagreement that is expressed on this board about most everything having to do with faith in Jesus.

I'll bluntly state that if about half the people here tried to influence my child I'd be totally ticked off.

We all have so many variances in our understanding our own thoughts and convictions, a group presentation about Jesus to a child here would be reason for a child to run away from the chaos and discord of the adults.

so what to do?  How about very first thing stating-  Hi you say you are 13 and want to know more about Jesus. That is good, let's ask about your family and parents first.

What do they share with you?

Might we include them in any conversation  about my Lord and savior Jesus so that they  too are involved, for your sake and mine and theirs too. Let's have a family involvement for it is improper for me to presume they  do not mind my talking to their child without their involvement.-

In doing that can the child still fake being a parent too? Yes of course, but it is a best attempt at bringing not only the child into awareness, but also very importantly the parents or guardian.

This idea that a Christian is entitled to steal away a child to Jesus is way wrong headed thinking!!! Instead, demanding nicely that a parent be involved also shows the child a distinct difference between the internet world of predators and the brethren in Christ Jesus. That being we want to train up the child to not be going out from under his own parents guidance as a start.

If one cannot get parental consent and involvement one is lacking in faith of Jesus by the Holy Spirit to bring into the fold the parents too. Sometimes one must presume that  the Holy Spirit will do the work in another way than by you/me! To think it must be me, and I must do it my way, going around a parent-whoa no way. Bad move!

You try to turn my child without talking with me first and as part of  all discussion and you would do so at great risk and deservedly so. That definitely includes school teachers and school administrators as well as Church Sunday school teachers.

Christians need to have the confidence in the Holy Spirit's ability to do things most properly, even  as the world sees it. Otherwise Christians are to be seen by the world as being just  predators too.  That does not make for a grand testimony when instead the Christian could have simply said  to a child; great where is your mom , dad or guardian  let's all talk together.

45 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi all,Look at the total disagreement that is expressed on this board about most everything having to do with faith in Jesus.

I'll bluntly state that if about half the people here tried to influence my child I'd be totally ticked off.

We all have so many variances in our understanding our own thoughts and convictions, a group presentation about Jesus to a child here would be reason for a child to run away from the chaos and discord of the adults.

so what to do?  How about very first thing stating-  Hi you say you are 13 and want to know more about Jesus. That is good, let's ask about your family and parents first.

What do they share with you?

Might we include them in any conversation  about my Lord and savior Jesus so that they  too are involved, for your sake and mine and theirs too. Let's have a family involvement for it is improper for me to presume they  do not mind my talking to their child without their involvement.-

In doing that can the child still fake being a parent too? Yes of course, but it is a best attempt at bringing not only the child into awareness, but also very importantly the parents or guardian.

This idea that a Christian is entitled to steal away a child to Jesus is way wrong headed thinking!!! Instead, demanding nicely that a parent be involved also shows the child a distinct difference between the internet world of predators and the brethren in Christ Jesus. That being we want to train up the child to not be going out from under his own parents guidance as a start.

If one cannot get parental consent and involvement one is lacking in faith of Jesus by the Holy Spirit to bring into the fold the parents too. Sometimes one must presume that  the Holy Spirit will do the work in another way than by you/me! To think it must be me, and I must do it my way, going around a parent-whoa no way. Bad move!

You try to turn my child without talking with me first and as part of  all discussion and you would do so at great risk and deservedly so. That definitely includes school teachers and school administrators as well as Church Sunday school teachers.

Christians need to have the confidence in the Holy Spirit's ability to do things most properly, even  as the world sees it. Otherwise Christians are to be seen by the world as being just  predators too.  That does not make for a grand testimony when instead the Christian could have simply said  to a child; great where is your mom , dad or guardian  let's all talk together.

When you recognize what the enemy is doing in teaching transgenderism to little children in schools, without respect to the parents, why should Christians hold back if a little child asks about the Good News in Jesus Christ?

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

It does not say unless it is a child for then you have to ask the parent.

Mark 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. 15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

There is no Biblical reason not to share the Good News in Jesus Christ to little children.

Yet there is a warning to mislead a child by any false teachings in a church.

Matthew 18:1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? 2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. 

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! 

8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. 9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire. 10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Of course, little ones can also apply to babes in Christ, but it does apply to children as well.

Side note:  Matthew 18:9-10 is an example of how English words from the Greek does not always reflect the actual meaning of the Greek as hell is translated from Gehenna which is a refuse dump outside of Jerusalem and also known as the valley of slaughter.

Jeremiah 7:32 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that it shall no more be called Tophet, nor the valley of the son of Hinnom, but the valley of slaughter: for they shall bury in Tophet, till there be no place.

The warning to saved believers from Jesus is about being left behind at the pre great tribulation rapture event as those abiding in Him will be received to that City of God in Heaven for when at the end of the great tribulation, that City of God will come down with her inhabitants.

Those saints left behind will be resurrected as vessels unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth, but still in His House to serve the King of kings on earth.  2 Timothy 2:19-21 

They can repent, ask for forgiveness and help not to do that again, and if there be opportunities to correct those they have led astray, thank God for it and ask for His help to share the truth so that God may peradventure recover them from error, but otherwise, let it rest in Jesus Christ.

But one should consider the consequence for not sharing the Good News to those that ask.

1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  10,291
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

8 hours ago, Selah7 said:

Hmm… Methinks not yet.  You got a scripture to prove this? because the only person who has already been judged and given a death sentence by God is Satan. Satan will not participate in the Great White Throne judgment.  God has already judged him and given him a death sentence to "perdition."  (Ezekiel 28)

s e l a h

Certainly. Those who do not believe have already been judged. 

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the Light; for their deeds were evil." (John 3:16-19 NASB)

Those who do not believe have been judged; the ruler of this world has also been judged. 

“But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ But because I have said these things to you, grief has filled your heart. But I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I am leaving; for if I do not leave, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. And He, when He comes, will convict the world regarding sin, and righteousness, and judgment: regarding sin, because they do not believe in Me; and regarding righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you no longer are going to see Me; and regarding judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged." (John 16:5-11 NASB)

We who believe are not of this world:

“If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you." (John 15:18-19 NASB)

The world is already condemned, my friend. We are disciplined by the Lord, so we won't be condemned along with the world. 

But if we judged ourselves rightly, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord so that we will not be condemned along with the world. (1 Corinthians 11:31-32 NASB)

Edited by Marathoner