IGNORED

Test the Spirits,can Christians be deceived? ( Lets study this together with situations from our own life..

angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Alive in Christ
7rooted and built up in Him, established in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. 8See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. 9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity dwells in bodily form.…

How to recognize them?

22 minutes ago, Alive said:

About 20 years ago or so, the Lord prepared me ahead of time for a break up of fellowship because of a particular man that was indeed a wolf in sheeps clothing. I knew this, but was concerned about the possible devastation of the brethren that can happen when their world comes crashing down.

He prepared me with this dream....months before.

-----There was a great field and in that field were a great many bodies that had been dismembered in the most heinous fashion. Parts and pieces all over. As I was looking at the scene a word came to my mind that described it. It was a word that has no human equivalent, but was a combination of things like horror, disgust and atrocity. I didn't know the word then and I haven't since, but it was a powerful impression. Very powerful and impossible to describe. I woke like a shot from a cannon and said, "Lord, what the heck was that". He said, "that is how I feel when I see my body divided".

The impact that lesson had on me can't be overstated.--------

So, when it came time and the LOrd released me from my responsibility in that fellowship , the Lord had me announce that I was moving on and leave it at that. He told me to be silent and take what was coming. While a particular younger brother was lambasting me, the LOrd spoke to me clear as a bell and said, "do not build a case against your brethren and beware the root of bitterness".

About 6 months later, the Lord made sure that man was exposed and he has lost everything. I have spoken to him since twice as the LOrd led and he remains unrepentant.

These things require discernment and guidance.

And lots of prayer,thanks for sharing,the Holy Sprit promised to guide us in all truth,thats just amazing isn't it?

John 16:8

8 When He comes, He will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment.

Do we listen?

How do many churches compromise the truth these days?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Just now, angels4u said:

And lots of prayer,thanks for sharing,the Holy Sprit promised to guide us in all truth,thats just amazing isn't it?

John 16:8

8 When He comes, He will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment.

Do we listen?

How do many churches compromise the truth these days?

Sister--I think there are many reasons for all of what has gone on in christendom over the last 2000 years.

The enemy's hatred, wheat and tares growing together and as far as within the fellowship of true saints, there is a lack of real spiritual growth and the works of the flesh.

If I were to narrow down the single biggest factor regarding the true saints, is:

1. A lack of a proper foundation of who we are in Christ and the realities of the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension, which I have discussed in 'Salvation is Relocation'.

2. A lack of living in the Reality of Christ alone as Head of His Church. He must be Lord and when this is true, His Life flows.

He will overlook wrong doctrine and instruct over time, when we see Him as Head and the individual members as extensions of Himself in this earth.

Just now, Alive said:

Sister--I think there are many reasons for all of what has gone on in christendom over the last 2000 years.

The enemy's hatred, wheat and tares growing together and as far as within the fellowship of true saints, there is a lack of real spiritual growth and the works of the flesh.

If I were to narrow down the single biggest factor regarding the true saints, is:

1. A lack of a proper foundation of who we are in Christ and the realities of the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension, which I have discussed in 'Salvation is Relocation'.

2. A lack of living in the Reality of Christ alone as Head of His Church. He must be Lord and when this is true, His Life flows.

He will overlook wrong doctrine and instruct over time, when we see Him as Head and the individual members as extensions of Himself in this earth.

That's the sad reality ,there is lack of spiritual growth and discernment because of the works of the flesh , what as born again Christians can we do to encourage people to read their Bible and turn back to God,this world is going through hell soon, Jesus is the "Truth" and no other..

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.John 14:6

Titus 1:10–11

10 For there are many who are insubordinate, empty talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision party.8 11 They must be silenced, since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for shameful gain what they ought not to teach.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, angels4u said:

That's the sad reality ,there is lack of spiritual growth and discernment because of the works of the flesh , what as born again Christians can we do to encourage people to read their Bible and turn back to God,this world is going through hell soon, Jesus is the "Truth" and no other..

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.John 14:6

Titus 1:10–11

10 For there are many who are insubordinate, empty talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision party.8 11 They must be silenced, since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for shameful gain what they ought not to teach.

John 14:6 is the first Word I heard and when He saved me...I love it.

When I say He is not overly concerned with wrong doctrine, if our hearts are right and we hold Him as Head--I mean those kinds of errors that are not salvation dependent--mainly.

This is evident in the fact that there are disagreements among honest God-fearing folks. This is the 'space' within which the Lord can work as we share as iron sharpens iron.

To add--there are very obvious deceptions and then there are those which are not so obvious. We must always keep in mind that we all come from different backgrounds and been exposed to a variety of teachings, phraseology and such. When it comes down to it, we do not necessarily disagree to the degree that it appears. The enemy and the flesh would put us at enmity with each other.

We guard against these things.

Beware of the 'loose cannons' with a new teaching or an entirely different take on what the Church at large has worked out over the centuries.

We will know them by their fruit....love and a lack of striking back.

12 minutes ago, Alive said:

John 14:6 is the first Word I heard and when He saved me...I love it.

When I say He is not overly concerned with wrong doctrine, if our hearts are right and we hold Him as Head--I mean those kinds of errors that are not salvation dependent--mainly.

This is evident in the fact that there are disagreements among honest God-fearing folks. This is the 'space' within which the Lord can work as we share as iron sharpens iron.

To add--there are very obvious deceptions and then there are those which are not so obvious. We must always keep in mind that we all come from different backgrounds and been exposed to a variety of teachings, phraseology and such. When it comes down to it, we do not necessarily disagree to the degree that it appears. The enemy and the flesh would put us at enmity with each other.

We guard against these things.

Beware of the 'loose cannons' with a new teaching or an entirely different take on what the Church at large has worked out over the centuries.

We will know them by their fruit....love and a lack of striking back.

I mean those kinds of errors that are not salvation dependent-

Hi Brother,

Things like believing the rapture or not or such things shouldn't divide us, but the real essence of who God is or how He wants us to live should be discerning?

These days everything goes and the government tries to have a big part in what people should believe or how to act as they hate God , it looks they might declare the Bible hate speech ,the writing is on the wall?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Hi Brother,

Things like believing the rapture or not or such things shouldn't divide us, but the real essence of who God is or how He wants us to live should be discerning?

These days everything goes and the government tries to have a big part in what people should believe or how to act as they hate God , it looks they might declare the Bible hate speech ,the writing is on the wall?

Yes--these are core things which all 'In Christ' should agree on. If one comes along, who does not--beware.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Alive said:

Yes--these are core things which all 'In Christ' should agree on. If one comes along, who does not--beware.

Amen,and we should warn our brother and sisters as well of false preachers..

As it was in the days of Noah..

Romans 16:17-20

17 I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18 For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. 19 Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.

The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/20/1957

I have one example that might be like you describe.  Let’s call him Cliff.

He was a pastor of a small church years ago who preached hard on end times and had a very distorted view.

While he did not have a large following he would however qualify as a false doctrine teacher.

It grew so bad that at the climax of his deception the group had purchased a used school bus and were preparing to head to the wilderness in Canada.

It never materialized as the cost and commitment to such a plan is very involved.

He and his wife later divorced.  
I talked to her years later on, and she admitted that he had problems.

If it doesn’t match with the Word, throw it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I believe Christians can be deceived or lead astray by false doctrines.  However, if a Christian is daily in the Word, it makes it very hard or unlikely that they can be lead astray.  They can identify false teachings and seek out another church if it is being done by the pastor. 

• Thumbs Up 2