IGNORED

Test the Spirits,can Christians be deceived? ( Lets study this together with situations from our own life..

angels4u

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, LiveWire said:

I never said this is a must thing in order to be Saved.  You either do not actually know how to Read, or you have a reading Disorder that places other words when you see certain letters, or you just assume and categorize everyone into a little sect and attack people like they match the IDEAS IN YOUR HEAD!

Something, is seriously Wrong with You!

Well you were ascribing something that can easily be applied if not the source for your statement below towards Azusa Street Revival;

They still have to be Possessed by something to have power to exemplify Signs and Wonders.  Anyone who is in God and God is in them will feel through Discernment before a hair has a chance to split 10 ways concerning what they are.

People make Wolves seems so powerful.   Challenge them.   Grow some hair in places where it's fallen off over time and challenge these people.   They will fall faster than someone who thinks the Completed Bible is the 
Perfect to Come!

At Azusa Street Revival there were healings and outward signs of fire that the fire department was called;

New Revival and Healing Ministry

Of casting out of devils;  albeit, the telling of the article below is dubious at best, because it reads like a second hand report and not an actual direct witness account.

Demons Cast Out at the Azusa Street Revival

Do you believe the "Holy Laughter" movement is of the Lord?  Here is a report that it was present at Azusa Street Revival seen as being drunk in the Holy Spirit.  You can see how they wrongly applied scripture to justify it as being of the Lord.

Becoming drunk in the Holy Spirit?

What I am trying to convey is that signs and wonders do not necessarily make a movement to be of the Lord.

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before.

Many apply this as if referring to someone claiming to be Jesus Christ, but not so.  This can be referring to where the Spirit of Christ is at as if going to a place to get closer to God when He is in us and with us always is a work that denies Him and thus looking to a spirit as if that is the Holy Spirit, for a sign, thus committing spiritual adultery against the Bridegroom, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

On 5/11/2023 at 11:26 PM, Hopefully said:

I have been deceived. Now that that’s over I believe it was great practice and I learned alot. I feel more prepared to not let it happen again. 

HI @Hopefully I do love Anne Steele's hymn about increasing one's understanding of Divine truth from the Scriptures:

"O may these hallowed pages be

My ever dear delight!

And still new beauties may I see,

And still increasing light!"

(We are all learning all the time....)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 5/12/2023 at 6:29 AM, kwikphilly said:

Your dream gave me quite a visual - powerful,very Powerful .....but when is a Word from Almighty God not Powerful?!

Thank you for sharing,I've always felt very strongly about making accusations or saying a bad word about anyone,no matter how bad ...unless I'm Lead by Holy Spirit to Speak,I will not- if He Wants to use me to expose one then He Surely Will Speak through me.Too often it does more harm than good to speak against anyone

By Encouraging others to seek Discernment,Wisdom & Understanding by the Power of Holy Spirit the very Word of God Will Reveal to people what they should see,God's Truth....

I always Remember Paul Saying " but Christ is being Preached,in that I Rejoice" everytime I hear a preacher who seemingly has his own agenda,peddling Scripture for profit or even twisting God's Word in ways....and yet,he's saying Jesus is the Way,the Truth & the Life! Christianity is a Relationship with God in Christ,the Counselor Will Reveal to them that sincerely seek the Lord with all of their hearts❤️

With love in Christ, Kwik

I really liked what you posted. It in one way reminded me of this man of God when talking about Satan our enemy that he's not the worst one. I am my worst enemy. That is so true. I understand how we are raised can mold us into what we are today. I have seen so many life's flipped, changed in a heart beat a totally different person and countless that have a desire gone as if it was never there. As of late I been thinking of just closing all the Christian tabs I have open. There is no poor me or self petty here. One site I have been there over 20 years and I don't know one person. I knew some that I debated with when I did it allot and in depth but they are gone. If I just dropped off the face of the earth.. no site would know I was gone. 

I had this pastor that asked me one day if I wanted to live with the. There were so many times his wife would say "God puts sand paper in our lifes some times and that's what you are your stand paper". She said that allot I never said a word back. When I 1st got married "She must be a angel to be married to you". We lose track of each other and I find them 15 years later. He ooh so happy I called and was looking for us but not even on the phone with them for 5min I hear this "Mary must still be an angel to be married to you". This is one of many.. to so its not new. If it was just one I could write it off. I went years with my wife of things I thought only your worst enemy would say but in that case it always takes 2. Then God... docent talk about what was done to me but showed me only one time her heart which was nothing at all like she was. In that moment all I wanted was to love her and treat her like a queen. To just love her and only please her was like finding a treasure you always wanted.. that was a strange feeling but as fast as it came it lifted.

Same thing with my dad (step dad) that since I was 3 call me all kind of names beat me with a board yet in Church.. I was by someone that knew all this and crying saying I must ask him to forgive me. That made no sense to me then. So one night the clock above the TV shows 8:30pm I look to my left and say will you forgive me for ever hurting you. To that he looks back saying use and will I forgive him. So I call her the woman that had a bible study and she asks "was it about 8:30 when you did this? I was shocked I said how did you know? She said the lord told me to pray for you right then. See it was about God wanting to save him and if there is not forgiveness but hate bitterness what have you..  I have so many stories yet as of late noticing I seem to be that very young kid again that can push someone away in a moment. I tried to think of someone I could just talk to like this but.. at 62 you would think there would be many. When my mom went home.. there were hundreds of people from all walks of life.. that was cool. Its not a gift but ..

My wife is truly the other half. Oh she is so bubbly and can talk to anyone and they will talk and talk. So I am sorry for bending your ear like this.. but I fond it was easy to just type this since I don't know you. Its not a lack of me trying. All my life its been this way.. the way my dad treated me.. since I could not ever ever say a word back not even a look.. He was big a marine from WWII and Nes Perce Indian. He had a family before us and not one of those 6 kids ever wanted to be around him. He got bone cancer but Jesus found him before that and he said to me out of all my kids..  I feel closet to you. No.. that was just the Jesus in me... I just forgave him. I will say out of all the horrors I had with him.. never once in my life have I had one bad dream. Many with him there but he would not talk or was nice. But seems all that loved me made sure to tell me what kind of a person I am..  Christians did take that to another level. The world? Didn't get made fun of how I talk or can't write or spell lol. 

This is just a tiny part.. I don't feel mad at anyone I don't blame anyone since.. I am so jealous envy of how people talk back and forth and praise the other for this and that.. its so wonderful to see. I am the kind of person that can watch some old show SOME might now LOVE BOAT? Oh and cry in a heart beat. I am so easily touched by others.. I always put myself in that moment... as if I was them. I know people but.. not one is a friend friend. I just asked the lord last night..wondering how He goes around ME.. as I was asking "I see your heart". yeah its not easy.. its a nightmar to not say "its me.. I know it". Yeah I know it is.. I can read what I post what I say. Oh I have kids and one of them.. would and does move the world for me. So I make sure just what I say and don't say. It takes me a good 30-60min or more to just make one post any more. It just never comes out like I want. Never wanting to offend but.. oh it just.. happens seems. Not sure if anyone will see whats really being said here.. 

I love Jesus/Yeshua Christ and rebuke any thoughts and what not that is not of Him.. incase I might have come across the wrong way. Last I only had one best friend who at first all through high School.. drugs, stealing from stores to motor Cycles on and on. He always just took me as I was. Christ found me so I stopped doing that and he still was my best friend.. who I did lead .. well not me.. to the lord.

I am my worst enemy... so thinking of how long I been on Christians forums some over 20y others many years.. yeah I don't know one person. After all these years...yeah I know its me its.. hard to see what you can't see...so can you deceive you? Thank you from my heart.. don't know what it means to share what you never ever share.. some parts sure but .. I still never shared most of it. When I was young alone I prayed Jesus show me what I have to do to be more like you. Some weeks later at this bible study the grand mother that prayed 4h a day said "Danny I don't know what this means but the lord says "I will show you what you have to do". I feel like I am that kid .. never felt 30,40,50,60.. always wanting to Change envy those..odd huh.. I know healings from blind to scars.. yes form dead to life but in my own life.. you wonder ALLOT after so many years..that thought you fight .. its to late to change me.. Again changing something you can't see something you believe ..its just  who you are. Change as in undo what was done when I was young that molded me today. Sorry went on so long.. you can pray for me.. as long as it faith.. to believe to know what you can't see He will has already done. He knows before we ask.. and answers before we finish. 

So let be written I am sorry for all and all that I can't remember in Jesus name

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

@TheBlade Many Blessings to you....

I'm Grateful to our Lord that something He Lead me to say Moved you to share all that you have-so now I will say "Pleased to meet you Brother,we've exchanged "posts" a few times over the years and no we've not gotten to know each other.... But that is pretty common on these Forums,isn't it?

So many 'internet people",Believers as well as unbelievers just have something to say about something -and it seems they wouldn't say much in a person to person social setting..    but here you don't have to be transparent or vulnerable or even really who you are,just type away,anonymously

Well,I'm glad to know about what has brought you to where you are today and I Praise Jesus for WHO you are today!

I've made friends,dear friends here on WCF BUT you have to have the desire to get to know people and allow them to get to know you - 62?:Sounds like it's time to start!!!!And hey btw,I'd notice.....

God Bless you,look forward to more chats and Fellowship.....The Body needs EVERY member to function at its best.....

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Most deception is self-inflicted. We want so much to believe things in a certain way, we’ll devote ourselves to a guy who seems sincere or can sound like he really knows what he’s talking about. 
if the ‘elect’ are deceived, it’s most likely to come from the pulpit- if the people we devote ourselves to are deceived by the chaotic amount of conflicting truths, doctrines, and theological philosophies, they will lead us into that same deception. 

Pastors don’t know how to test the spirits, so they can’t teach us, so we’re helpless against deception unless we are actively engaged with the Spirit of God & depend on Him to help us see.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/11/2023 at 11:26 PM, Hopefully said:

I have been deceived. Now that that’s over I believe it was great practice and I learned alot. I feel more prepared to not let it happen again. 

@Hopefully Goes to show how very important are regular - daily - prayer and the Scriptures, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

@Hopefully Thanks for the 'like' there.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, farouk said:

Goes to show how very important are regular - daily - prayer and the Scriptures, right?

Yes right!! I often thank God for saving me and teaching me before I got here. So I can be strong In what he taught me regardless of what I read.

I worry about new believers here. This is all way much more complicated than the easy load God gave me. 

“Yes, the teaching that I ask you to accept is easy. The load I give you to carry is light.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭30‬ ‭

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Yes right!! I often thank God for saving me and teaching me before I got here. So I can be strong In what he taught me regardless of what I read.

I worry about new believers here. This is all way much more complicated than the easy load God gave me. 

“Yes, the teaching that I ask you to accept is easy. The load I give you to carry is light.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭30‬ ‭

@Hopefully Makes me think of Anne Steele from the 18th century:

"O may these hallowed pages be

My ever dear delight!

And still increasing light!"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, farouk said:

I am still learning and will always be. I am just very careful about whom I learn from.

• Thumbs Up 1