Vine Abider

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  0

If Christians lived Their lives as FREE, living for Christ knowing there is No Condemnation, as they did while Sinning, they would be walking on water this Moment!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

It takes a long time to learn enough to know that you don't know much.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,429
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

2 hours ago, FJK said:

It takes a long time to learn enough to know that you don't know much.

Yes . . . the brother telling that story is so humble, but also wise!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

The more a man knows how stupid he is the more he becomes wiser.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Confessing our flaws and sins to the lord is the way we keep on the norrow road. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

18 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

We are basically nothing and cannot add one inch to our growth (physically or spiritually) through any trying we might do.

Hi, Oh boy do I disagree with that. Go figure eh? Again there just is no we between that thought and me.

"We" may not; but "I" can; both physically and spiritually.

Stupidity cannot be entertained as "my" excuse for not working at learning and  using  what I have learned, increasing skill by the doing and doing and then doing again better than the previous times. All of that being very hard work and very  necessary if I want to strive to win, physically and spiritually.

I can add to my physical ability by training my muscular system and by best eating planning. I can increase my knowledge and thus my spiritual ability by reading the word of God in prayerful thought and by practicing the applications for today in what the Bible shares of the reveal of Yeshua.

I can, as the alternative, without striving become lazy in utilizing my God given potential abilities or even in allowing them to become furthering degraded skillsets, and then fall into the habit of excusing myself by saying "I am stupid".

But I am not stupid. I am quite aware - of my own physical and spiritual potential;  that doesn't allow me the excuse of stupidity.

I suggest it is not at all great speech for a team nor any adult individual to continue to claim stupidity as a justifying excuse for much of anything. For it is  in direct opposition to the thought shared by another as a reminder and exhortation- "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it."-Paul of Tarsus

Or even Satchel Paige's  " Don't look back something might be gaining on you" might be a much better apt end of year speech topic, But not "I'm stupid" ( And so are you). 

"Coach" finished with a season ending error. And now his team of individuals can go around saying I'm stupid, when they want to be lazy. 

Sorry to be so contrarian, but the one hit my hot button-

Offer no excuses. Never make excuse! Just do better, work at it always!

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Oh boy…this is an important topic for me as well. Fundamental in fact.

No time now for a sermon, but it comes down to where our confidence lies. I am quite sure, if I know anything at all, that the Lord’s dealing with us over much time to lose confidence in the strength of the natural man…I can do ‘no thing’ without Him.

Not some things, a few things or one thing….’nothing’.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Oh boy do I disagree with that. Go figure eh? Again there just is no we between that thought and me.

"We" may not; but "I" can; both physically and spiritually.

Stupidity cannot be entertained as "my" excuse for not working at learning and  using  what I have learned, increasing skill by the doing and doing and then doing again better than the previous times. All of that being very hard work and very  necessary if I want to strive to win, physically and spiritually.

I can add to my physical ability by training my muscular system and by best eating planning. I can increase my knowledge and thus my spiritual ability by reading the word of God in prayerful thought and by practicing the applications for today in what the Bible shares of the reveal of Yeshua.

I can, as the alternative, without striving become lazy in utilizing my God given potential abilities or even in allowing them to become furthering degraded skillsets, and then fall into the habit of excusing myself by saying "I am stupid".

But I am not stupid. I am quite aware - of my own physical and spiritual potential;  that doesn't allow me the excuse of stupidity.

I suggest it is not at all great speech for a team nor any adult individual to continue to claim stupidity as a justifying excuse for much of anything. For it is  in direct opposition to the thought shared by another as a reminder and exhortation- "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it."-Paul of Tarsus

Or even Satchel Paige's  " Don't look back something might be gaining on you" might be a much better apt end of year speech topic, But not "I'm stupid" ( And so are you). 

"Coach" finished with a season ending error. And now his team of individuals can go around saying I'm stupid, when they want to be lazy. 

Sorry to be so contrarian, but the one hit my hot button-

Offer no excuses. Never make excuse! Just do better, work at it always!

Very well said !!!   Sure, we many times do stupid things . . . BUT . . . to set that stupidity up as something to be an example is frankly setting the bar well below what Jesus wants from his disciples. The more that we study and fellowship with our Lord and Savior the less 'stupid things' we do.  IT is just that simple . . . so simple that even Ray can understand and press towards the high calling to become 'Christ like'.

I strongly suspect that there was much more in the man's talk with those boys about true repentance, and following Jesus . . . at least I hope so . . . but on the face value of the original post . . . I agree whole heartedly with Neighbor . . . 

Ray . . . 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,048
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WHAT  EVERYONE  CAN  DO  SO  JESUS  WILL  DO 

JOHN 14:13  and whatsoever you shall ask in  MY  name --that will I do-- that  THE  FATHER  may be glorified in  THE  SON

1 JOHN 5:14  and this is the confidence that we have in him --that  IF  we ask anything according to  HIS  will he heareth us--

--5:15--  and if we know that  HE  hear us whatsoever we ask we know that we have the petitions that we desired of  HIM

PSALM 66:18  IF  I  REGARD  INIQUITY  IN  MY  HEART  --THE  LORD  WILL  NOT  HEAR  ME--

IF  WE  ASK ANYTHING  ACCORDING  TO  HIS  WILL

1 PETER 4:1  for as much then as  CHRIST  hath suffered for us in the flesh --arm yourselves likewise with the same mind-- for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin 

--4:2--  that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh --to the lusts of men  ---  but to the will of  GOD--

LUKE 1:37  FOR  WITH  GOD  NOTHING  SHALL  BE  IMPOSSIBLE

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1