• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

Many different terms are used to acknowledge salvation...and there are many different WAYS & MEANS that the HOLY SPIRIT uses to DRAW men (people) to Himself.....many times we as humans get caught up in a particular method I.E ALTER CALL, SPECIFIC PRAYER WORDS... However the SPIRIT and His methods are many......that being said there are specific requirements....ACKNOWLEDGING SIN..ACKNOWLEDGE INCAPABILITY TO DEAL WITH IT ON YOU OWN....CONFESSION THAT JESUS IS WHO HE CLAIMED.....

if those are met then the words of the following verse have deep meaning...

[Rom 8:16 NASB95] 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

THE BATTLE RAGES TIL THE LION ROARS!!

Clarence

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,798
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

On 6/2/2023 at 2:45 PM, backontrack said:

What constitutes salvation and how do you know you are saved, some say once saved always saved, some say you can lose ones salvation and

some say there is no such thing as salvation and no hell and no life after death.

Saved from what? Answer: saved from what you were enslaved to (if the individual really wants to be free/saved from those carnal inclinations).

You therefore know you are saved if and when you have left your sins.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

On 6/2/2023 at 2:45 PM, backontrack said:

What constitutes salvation and how do you know you are saved, some say once saved always saved, some say you can lose ones salvation and

The Bible says the majority of people are not saved. It seems it’s going to be rare to find a saved person to give a good answer.

I’d say you can confirm what you have read in the Bible about if you are saved in Sprit since a lot of saved flesh is not at your disposal. 

With love to all no harm intended.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

For myself, I know because the Messiah revealed Himself to me. Do you recall at the end of Luke after Jesus had risen and Luke wrote that Jesus “opened their minds” to see Him for who He was?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

4 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

And I'm equally as curious to know how you think I am even trying to "limit God's actions".  I'm quoting Scripture, since it seems you are missing that.  I've never even suggested that one can know what anyone else thinks.  That isn't even the issue here.  It is about how to be saved, and the Bible TELLS us specifically.

I suggest way more study, if you are serious here.

Heb 11-

25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 
26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward.
How could Moses regard disgrace "for the sake of Christ" if He wasn't aware of Christ?  Further, he spoke of a future prophet like him
Acts 3:22 - For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you.
Of course the OT believers knew about the Messiah.
Read through Acts and see how many times it says that Paul convinced people of the gospel " by the Scriptures", which obviously referred to the OT only.

Here is what Paul said:

Acts 10:43 - All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

I hope you understand the point.

Acts 4:12 - Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Apparently, from your post, you don't believe this.

I do.

Of course the prophets (some of them) knew something of Christ but my intimation was that they didn't have full revelation.  So I think you misunderstood.

You are limiting God by claiming he is chained to saving people in only one way. ( I didn't say Jesus, as that is obvious.  We are Christians here).  If you don't accept other people's testimonies of salvation, nobody should be inclined to accept yours either.  Period.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,712
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

6 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

Of course the prophets (some of them) knew something of Christ but my intimation was that they didn't have full revelation.  So I think you misunderstood.

You are limiting God by claiming he is chained to saving people in only one way. ( I didn't say Jesus, as that is obvious.  We are Christians here).  If you don't accept other people's testimonies of salvation, nobody should be inclined to accept yours either.  Period.

No one is limiting God, except God Himself. There is only one way to God,  and that is through faith in Jesus' saving power.

And that's not me saying that, that is God saying that, it is outlined in black and white in scripture.

[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me John 14:6

That is what scripture says. That is what God says. There is no other means of salvation.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

No one is limiting God, except God Himself. There is only one way to God,  and that is through faith in Jesus' saving power.

And that's not me saying that, that is God saying that, it is outlined in black and white in scripture.

[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me John 14:6

That is what scripture says. That is what God says. There is no other means of salvation.

I didn't say otherwise.  You probably misread.

It's quite frankly amazing to me that people around here often don't seem to read things carefully.  I don't get that anywhere else.

Edited by Dave-regenerated
Additional information.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,712
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

32 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

I didn't say otherwise.  You probably misread.

It's quite frankly amazing to me that people around here often don't seem to read things carefully.  I don't get that anywhere else.

45 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

Fair enough, I'm human, misunderstandings happen... but I don't see any other way of reading it. You accused someone of limiting God to saving people in one way, however, scripturally there is only one way. 

So explain to me what you meant there. I'll admit I haven't read the entire thread, but I'm not seeing another way to read it off hand.

3 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Fair enough, I'm human, misunderstandings happen... but I don't see any other way of reading it. You accused someone of limiting God to saving people in one way, however, scripturally there is only one way. 

So explain to me what you meant there. I'll admit I haven't read the entire thread, but I'm not seeing another way to read it off hand.

I used parenthesis on purpose.  It's in there.  I wasn't referring to the mode of salvation through Christ but to the way God deals with people when He brings them to Himself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,225
  • Content Per Day:  2.07

I do not believe it is, "assumed", that we are saved. When one is saved, One is saved. I do not believe in a righteous all knowing and all loving God, Who would come down to Earth in His Second Coming, And say, Oh sorry, You thought you were saved, But you really werent ! I do not believe in a just God who would do this.

Or, "Everyone else thought you were saved, too, But actually, You are not !", We are either saved or we are saved. We say the sinners' prayer, And we invite Jesus in to our hearts. We are, "Born Again",

As for a just God, He will also not force anyone to come to Him. You are either with Him, or not.