kenny2212

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Wherefore behold I send unto you prophets, wise men and scribes and some of them you shall kill and crucify...
Matthew 23:34

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, tatwo said:

..there are a number of biblical prophecies being revealed and fulfilled in our day...and this will continue until the plan of God is complete. That is part of the reason we have been graced with prophets...it's a tried and true way for the Lord Yahshua to communicate with us through us. 

Tatwo...:)

Which modern "prophets" are you referring to ? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

45 minutes ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

Wherefore behold I send unto you prophets, wise men and scribes and some of them you shall kill and crucify...
Matthew 23:34

That was 2000 years ago.

Matthew 23 speaks of all bunch of hypocrites, the same things nowadays, most socalled prophets are merely profit.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

That was 2000 years ago.

Matthew 23 speaks of all bunch of hypocrites, the same things nowadays, most socalled prophets are merely profit.

Are you saying that out of the close to 8 billion people on the earth right now there is not one prophet?! Jesus said "Teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Why would Jesus tell his disciples to make new disciples if he's just going to ignore the new disciples? There are prophets on the earth right now. I might not be one, you might not be one. We neither might not know of any but they exist on the earth right now. God knows them and they know God. 

Edited by kenny2212
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,434
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

17 minutes ago, kenny2212 said:

Are you saying that out of the close to 8 billion people on the earth right now there is not one prophet?! Jesus said "Teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Why would Jesus tell his disciples to make new disciples if he's just going to ignore the new disciples? There are prophets on the earth right now. I might not be one, you might not be one. We neither might not know of any but they exist on the earth right now. God knows them and they know God. 

So let's ask the question, what is the role of a modern day prophet ?. Also, what are the qualifications of that prophet, he has to be accurate 100 percent of the time, cause God does not give false prophecies.   

So, if you question there are 8 billion people on earth, and even one is given the gift, it is not to be a secret, it should be to speak and warn or so as the prophets of old.  So, who on earth today has prophesied with an 100 percent accuracy.

Just thought of something, if a man was given one prophecy and it came true in some simple terms, then that can qualify him to  be a prophet. 

Indeed , God does speak to man today, but my question is in what manner does this occur.  Is it audible, where an actual voice is heard, or by spiritual discernment or others.  You see, when someone declares that he is a prophet, in what manner does he declare his message.  Is it in foretelling future events or saying, thus say the Lord.  

If men are untrue in their declaration, then that sure damnation of their souls.

On the other hand, if they truly has received that chosen status, then they cannot be silent and proclaim the message.

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

So let's ask the question, what is the role of a modern day prophet ?. Also, what are the qualifications of that prophet, he has to be accurate 100 percent of the time, cause God does not give false prophecies.   

So, if you question there are 8 billion people on earth, and even one is given the gift, it is not to be a secret, it should be to speak and warn or so as the prophets of old.  So, who on earth today has prophesied with an 100 percent accuracy.

Just thought of something, if a man was given one prophecy and it came true in some simple terms, then that can qualify him to  be a prophet. 

Indeed , God does speak to man today, but my question is in what manner does this occur.  Is it audible, where an actual voice is heard, or by spiritual discernment or others.  You see, when someone declares that he is a prophet, in what manner does he declare his message.  Is it in foretelling future events or saying, thus say the Lord.  

If men are untrue in their declaration, then that sure damnation of their souls.

On the other hand, if they truly has received that chosen status, then they cannot be silent and proclaim the message.

The Prophet, whether in the Old testament or the New testament is a conduit for God's voice. God will not speak loud into the air like he did to the Israelites in Exodus 19:19. The difference between the Old testament Prophet and the New testament Prophet is that the Old testament prophet speaks God's Words and proffers a solution (2 Sam. 24:11-13; 18); the New testament Prophet just speaks God's Words (Acts 11:28-30). Now notice Agabus didn't suggest a solution; he just only told them what would happen. His audience took their own initiative.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,434
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

26 minutes ago, kenny2212 said:

The Prophet, whether in the Old testament or the New testament is a conduit for God's voice. God will not speak loud into the air like he did to the Israelites in Exodus 19:19. The difference between the Old testament Prophet and the New testament Prophet is that the Old testament prophet speaks God's Words and proffers a solution (2 Sam. 24:11-13; 18); the New testament Prophet just speaks God's Words (Acts 11:28-30). Now notice Agabus didn't suggest a solution; he just only told them what would happen. His audience took their own initiative.

How do you define a prophet in today's language, or what yardstick is used to determine who is a prophet. what attributes does a prophet has to have before he can hold that title.

I know some especially in the Pentecostal church uses the term or name to denote their pastor .  So, it really is a matter of first give a description of a modern day prophet as we in today society would use the name and second what really is his role in using that title for.  

Some again when hearing the title prophet, would run the thought that this person gets revelation from God himself in a personal direct matter to warn, foretell if you understand what I mean .   So it's really how we use the term and name prophet and the context or capacity that he uses the title for.  Thanks

3 hours ago, warrior12 said:

How do you define a prophet in today's language, or what yardstick is used to determine who is a prophet. what attributes does a prophet has to have before he can hold that title.

I know some especially in the Pentecostal church uses the term or name to denote their pastor .  So, it really is a matter of first give a description of a modern day prophet as we in today society would use the name and second what really is his role in using that title for.  

Some again when hearing the title prophet, would run the thought that this person gets revelation from God himself in a personal direct matter to warn, foretell if you understand what I mean .   So it's really how we use the term and name prophet and the context or capacity that he uses the title for.  Thanks

As far as I know, being a prophet is God-ward. One is a prophet only because God holds that individual is a prophet (Jeremiah 1:4). It doesn't matter what humans think, because humans can be wrong. God can never be wrong.

Edited by kenny2212

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  577
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

8 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Which modern "prophets" are you referring to ? 

Its a valid question Hartono...my answer to you is as follows...If you do not know any...your proximity to the actual presence God should reveal it to you...if you cannot "see" them...or do not believe in them...you are in a tenuous place...I cannot say anything except...find the Body of Christ...prophets of God live there.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  577
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

8 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

That was 2000 years ago.

True Hartono...that surely does not include the real prophets...filled with the Holy Spirit...you need to find the Body of Christ.