Uriah

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0

Daniel 9:27- And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and  offering. And the abomination of desolation, will be on the wing of the temple until the decreed destruction is poured out on the desolator. 

The wing of the tempple would be a border/outlying area.

Matthew 24:15- When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

The Holy Place is in the temple. 

At various times I have shared my view on this. Please share your view.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

32 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Daniel 9:27- And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and  offering. And the abomination of desolation, will be on the wing of the temple until the decreed destruction is poured out on the desolator. 

Matthew 24:15- When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

The holy place could just mean Jerusalem itself and not the temple.

God's temple is not a building made by unbelieving Jews.The temple is the body of Christ so I'd say it is talking about Jerusalem in general.

But if I were the king of the north and I was going to drop a nuke on Jerusalem after the muslim nations had ceased it,id aim for the dome of the rock.Even if it's not placed exactly perfect ,Jerusalem would still be just as desolate.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.35
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

51 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Ezekiel 43:12 This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.

Revelation 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Luke 21:24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

18 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I'd say it is talking about Jerusalem in general.

Not so sure about that. In revelation it is called Sodom and Egypt and where our Lord was crucified.

4 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Ezekiel 43:12 This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.

Revelation 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Luke 21:24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

I have to guess on most of what is posted. However your added emphasis indicates an outcome of the whole top of the mountain having an abominal desolating thing. Or it is a corolation to the phrase, "most holy."

I am inclined to think that when Jesus spoke of the "holy place", the listeners and later readers it only meant one thing.

1 hour ago, Uriah said:

Not so sure about that. In revelation it is called Sodom and Egypt and where our Lord was crucified.

After the abomination of desolation is placed there is should be pretty clean.No one but saints can walk through fire with Christ.

The false prophet and beast will be gone up into great lake of fire in the sky.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Content Per Day:  2.79

1 Corin :3

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,079
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

3 hours ago, Uriah said:

The Altar of God is defiled, but I imagine the Image is placed in the Holy of holies, where God resided.

temple_diagram.jpg.18d5baaf1872cb7ecc6dab052389d2be.jpg

The outside court of the Gentiles, then the Court of Israel where woman and young kids gathered,(Men are allowed also, but usually move into the closer to God Court) then we get the Court of the Men of Israel, yet closer to God. Then we get the Court of the High Priest and the Altar of God. 

Finally we get the Holy of Holies where God resided, only the High Priest could come in there, with blood atonement. There was a pass through called the Nave which had a curtain, lest any of the Priests accidently wonder in or fall in, they would die instantly. This the buffer zone so to speak with a curtain that might as well of had a SIGN on it that stated, you PEAK, you DIE. 

So, since the Anti-Christ/Beast says he is God and is in league with a Jewish High Priest who places the AoD Image, I imagine the imagine is in that wing or corner of the building, in the Holy of Holies. Thus the AoD name.

5 hours ago, Uriah said:

I have to guess on most of what is posted. However your added emphasis indicates an outcome of the whole top of the mountain having an abominal desolating thing. Or it is a corolation to the phrase, "most holy."

I am inclined to think that when Jesus spoke of the "holy place", the listeners and later readers it only meant one thing.

The abomination of desolation means only one thing to me.

Being from the north ,I understand what our armed forces would place in Jerusalem to make it desolate.

The effects of the abomination that causes desolation can  be seen in revelation on the day of the Lord.It causes a great earthquake and causes the cloud to rise from Jerusalem in chapter 11.

It is described in chapter 6 as causing the heavens to depart as a scroll being roller together.

Revelation 6

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Here is a link to a  video of the abomination that causes desolation.

I personally don't think it needs to be in an exact corner of a building to do what it's there to do.

If you look closely you will even see the lake of fire in it.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

This is what is going to happen to the people in Jerusalem and many other cities in the countries that attacked Israel and the United states.

Zech 14

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

The only way to be saved from this plague is recievering rain from the Lord.Those of you who have received rain knows what this means.

Edited by Shilohsfoal