• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Uriah said:

No mistake. You are adding two statements of time into a 7 yr. period. The 42 months are listed for the reign of anti Christ. 1260 days are listed for the two witnesses and the woman in Rev. 12. It is the beast who arises from the bottomless pit who kills the two witnesses. I think that would be in the first half of the sc called 7 yr. tribulation. but as I stated. he reigns for 43 months only. So where do you get 7 yrs.?

The 42 months are not in Revelation 12, but the time/times/half is.    Both basically are the second half of the seven years.

Uriah, you are making a mistake in terminology.   I going to give you an example of the type of mistake you are making first.

Suppose a reporter were interviewing President Kennedy at the white house and called him - "Mr Senator".    Big mistake.    Kennedy had been a Senator, but that is a completely different role than President of the United States.   Similarly don't call a governor - mayor. Nor a Senator - governor.

The 42 months are not 42 months of the Antichrist.     The 42 months are 42 months of the beast king.    Same person, but completely different roles.

Being the Antichrist is the role the person will be in while is the King of Israel, coming in his own name.   The Jews mistakenly thinking he is their long awaited messiah.

When the Antichrist reveals himself to be the man of sin, and not the messiah after all, the Jews will reject him from continuing as their King of Israel.     End of his time as the Antichrist.

After he is killed and brought back to life - the person becomes the beast king.   As the beast king he will become dictator of the kingdom of the ten horn kings, as they hand their kingdom over to him, Revelation 17:17.  Their kingdom will the EU in its final phase.

little horn - leader over ten EU leaders - before the 7 years begin.

the prince who shall come - leader over ten EU leaders - following Gog/Magog, into the middle east.

Antichrist - anointed the King of Israel, coming in his own name

Revealed as the man of sin - End of his time as the Antichrist

the beast king - dictator over the kingdom of the ten horn kings - i.e. dictator over the EU

--------------------------------------------------

I agree with you that there is not a 7 year tribulation.    But there is the 7 year 70th week of Daniel 9:27.    Which corresponds to the 7 years in Ezekiel 39 following the Gog/Magog event.

The confirmation of the covenant in Daniel 9:27 of the Mt. Sinai covenant by the person in the role of being the Antichrist, for seven years - that cycle is a requirement Moses made in Deuteronomy 31:9-13 of all future leaders of Israel.    The seven years is in that text.

Also there is the sequence of the 1260 days, then the war in the second heaven, which Satan cast down to earth having just a time/times/half time left - put together makeup the seven years.

The first half

1260 days - Revelation 11:3, Revelation 12:6  applies to the two witnesses.

In the second half (as none is exactly 1260 days)

42 months (1256.5 days) - Revelation 11:2, Revelation 13:5 - applies to the beast king

the time/times/half times - Revelation 12:14, Daniel 12:7, Daniel 7:25 - applies to Satan, and the little horn's persecution once he has become the beast king

the 3 1/2 days - Revelation 11:9-11 - applies to the two witnesses

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

An object placed in Jerusalem that would cause great distress,the likes of which has never been seen upon earth since there was ever a nation to that time or ever shall be.An object that destroys flesh.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

According to Daniel the object that causes desolation. Is placed in Jerusalem by the armed forces of the north.

Daniel 11:31

“His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.

Like the Ark of the Covenant?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47

1 hour ago, bloom said:

Like the Ark of the Covenant?

No,the United States armed forces doesn't have that in stock.

They do have thousands of nuclear warheads in stock for just an occasion as  this.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

On 6/30/2023 at 10:17 AM, douggg said:

The first half

1260 days - Revelation 11:3, Revelation 12:6  applies to the two witnesses.

Except from

7And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

14The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

15And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying,

The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

My question would be

HOW could the 'the one standing where he ought not, claiming to be God'

do so AFTER the 2nd woe has taken place

and all that is LEFT is CHRISTS REIGN??  

Would you agree,  this is the 1st WOE

1And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

3And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

7And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

8And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

9And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

10And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

11And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

12One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

AND WOULD you agree THIS IS THE 2ND WOE?

13And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,

14Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

15And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

16And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

17And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

18By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

19For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.

20And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

21Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

AND THAT ALL THAT TAKES PLACE AT THE SAME TIME AS

2But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

3 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

My question would be

HOW could the 'the one standing where he ought not, claiming to be God'

do so AFTER the 2nd woe has taken place

and all that is LEFT is CHRISTS REIGN??  

DeighAnn,  I am not understanding your question.   What specific bible verse are you referring to with this statement...

the 'the one standing where he ought not, claiming to be God'

---------------------------------------------

The first two woes were shown to John in Revelation 9 what they would be.    I don't think that  either are actually fulfilled in the Revelation 11's 1260 days of the two witnesses.     The actual fulfillment will be in the second half, after Satan and his angels are cast down to earth.

stepbystep9.jpg.11149777dd8c87e711322b5c840c2ecf.jpg

Revelation 11:14 indicates John was about to be shown what the third woe would be.   The person actually speaking in Revelation 11:14 is the mighty angel in Revelation 10, who John saw standing on the earth and sea.

Revelation 11:14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

The third woe was then quickly shown to John what it will be in Revelation 12.     The third woe is in Revelation 12:12, Satan cast down to earth having great wrath.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Basically what it all boils down to, DeighAnn, is that after the two witnesses are killed and then come back to life and ascend to heaven, the 7th angel sounds his trumpet (the 7th angel announces the third woe, Revelation 8:13.)

Also the mighty angel in Revelation 10:7 says in the days of the voice of the 7th angel the mystery of God foretold to the prophets would be fulfilled.

The 7th angel sounds in Revelation 11:15.   The days of the voice of the 7th angel begin.

1. the mystery of God - begins to be fulfilled.

2. the third woe is made known, which Satan's and his angels de-powerment is a key part of the mystery of God.

Putting those two things together, the mystery of God is

(1) God's judgement on Satan and his angels, beginning with casting Satan and his angels down to earth.  And...  

(2) bringing the nations of the world to be the kingdom of God and His Christ - Jesus.    Which is the millennial reign of Christ.

Edited by douggg

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

"And as I observed, I heard an eagle flying overhead, calling in a loud voice, “Woe! Woe! Woe to those who dwell on the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the remaining three angels!”"

Clearly the woes are associated with the final three trumps.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/27/2023 at 7:37 AM, Uriah said:

Daniel 9:27- And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and  offering. And the abomination of desolation, will be on the wing of the temple until the decreed destruction is poured out on the desolator. 

The wing of the temple would be a border/outlying area.

Matthew 24:15- When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

The Holy Place is in the temple. 

At various times I have shared my view on this. Please share your view.

Hi,

The 1st thing I don't understand is why the HCSB would find 'temple' appropriate in Dan 9:27. I don't find it. In fact, I don't know why any translation can justify adding 'temple' to Dan 9:27.

This is the word, or some form of the word, used for 'temple', 'nave', 'sanctuary', etc., probably always referring to the Temple of God in Israel. 

hekal: a palace, temple

Original Word: הֵיכָל
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: hekal
Phonetic Spelling: (hay-kawl')
Definition: a palace, temple"

I don't see this appear in Dan 9:27. As pure speculation, it could be it's to be understood the event, 'wing of abominations', can only take place in the Temple of God. After all, that is the context. And the Word of God really wouldn't be concerned with Shinto, Buddhist, Muslim or Christian places of worship, all probably abominations in their own right by virtue of their existence. 

So maybe, maybe, that's why some translations mention the Temple when it doesn't appear in the text below:

image.png.4c470a037487970d741d162560f5b47c.png

What I do see is 'wing of abominations'. It's as though this entity is carried in by the abominations, it sails in a vessel, it's cloth powered by abominations, perhaps literally borne by wings not powered by regular flight, but by the multitude of detestable things.  I don't think this entity will have actual wings, but one never knows for sure. 

And not detestable to us, but hated by God, an affront to His majesty and supremacy; a usurper come to wrest control and blaspheme the Mighty One. 

In any case, it's not a ell or an extension of the edifice of the Temple, but a poetic turn of phrase meaning 'swooping in with lies and flattery'. Imo

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

5 hours ago, Diaste said:

The 1st thing I don't understand is why the HCSB would find 'temple' appropriate in Dan 9:27. I don't find it. In fact, I don't know why any translation can justify adding 'temple' to Dan 9:27.

Translation has been called a science AND an art. I think the translators in this case were using "temple" so as to be immediately understood by the readers. 

temple

tem-puhl 

noun

1. an edifice or place dedicated to the service or worship of a deity or deities.

2. (usually initial capital letter) any of the three successive houses of worship in Jerusalem in use by the Jews in Biblical times, the first built by Solomon, the second by Zerubbabel, and the third by Herod.

I don't see this appear in Dan 9:27. As pure speculation, it could be it's to be understood the event, 'wing of abominations', can only take place in the Temple of God. After all, that is the context. And the Word of God really wouldn't be concerned with Shinto, Buddhist, Muslim or Christian places of worship, all probably abominations in their own right by virtue of their existence. 

So maybe, maybe, that's why some translations mention the Temple when it doesn't appear in the text below

And the fact that this language, like others, forces implied words into its speech. To not do so it would all sound like broken English. Hence the italics in the KJV.

What I do see is 'wing of abominations'. It's as though this entity is carried in by the abominations, it sails in a vessel, it's cloth powered by abominations, perhaps literally borne by wings not powered by regular flight, but by the multitude of detestable things.  I don't think this entity will have actual wings, but one never knows for sure. 

"abomination" is commonly referring to an "image" or idol.

The word used of "wing" is also one of those words that has "unique" useages: 

"uttermost part", border(s), corners, ends

English (overspreading): sprawl, fringe, 

In any case, it's not a ell or an extension of the edifice of the Temple, but a poetic turn of phrase meaning 'swooping in with lies and flattery'

Its hard for me to imagine that (there would have to be a temple first) the priesthood would allow something detestable to be carried in. 

As for lies and flattery, it doesn't match well with Jesus saying it will be seen in the Holy Place.-Standing where it ought not. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

On 7/1/2023 at 12:55 PM, douggg said:

The first two woes were shown to John in Revelation 9 what they would be.    I don't think that  either are actually fulfilled in the Revelation 11's 1260 days of the two witnesses.     The actual fulfillment will be in the second half, after Satan and his angels are cast down to earth.

Dan 7

I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.

16I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.

17These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

18But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

19Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

20And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

21I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

22Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

23Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

24And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Rev 11

That couldn't  happen until NEAR THE END when the whole world
'is one' in worship of the ANTICHRIST/image.  So that doesn't take place until AFTER the deadly wound, AFTER the 'beast' that speaks like a dragon, and AFTER the image is set up

The first half,  they would just be preachers able to perform miracles and send forth plagues, without any 'enemies' of all nations being tormented.  

15And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

DANIEL  26  But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

REVELATION 11
5And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

REVELATION 19;19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

and as was pointed out by Diaste

REV 8"And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!" Revelation 8:13 KJV

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Dan 7

I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.

16I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.

17These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

18But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

19Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

20And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

21I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

22Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

23Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

24And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Rev 11

That couldn't  happen until NEAR THE END when the whole world
'is one' in worship of the ANTICHRIST/image.  So that doesn't take place until AFTER the deadly wound, AFTER the 'beast' that speaks like a dragon, and AFTER the image is set up

The first half,  they would just be preachers able to perform miracles and send forth plagues, without any 'enemies' of all nations being tormented.  

15And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

DANIEL  26  But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

REVELATION 11

REVELATION 19;19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

and as was pointed out by Diaste

REV 8"And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!" Revelation 8:13 KJV

DeighAnn, what are you trying prove ?    Are you trying to prove that the two witnesses testimony time will be in the first 1260 days of the 7 years ?

If so, I agree that the two witnesses testimony time will be in the first 1260 days of the 7 years.

Edited by douggg
  • Thumbs Up 1