IGNORED

A Culture of Death - anybody else see this?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/15/2023 at 1:02 PM, Vine Abider said:

As I drive around, it amazes me the number of symbolic death references we have in our society! Skulls and skull & crossbones appear on vehicles in prominent places and also on clothing, buildings, etc.  There's also many drawings of zombies or demons or dragons . . . it's all over the place!  Ever notice this?  :th_praying:

The images of the skulls and skeletons and other references to death can get quite stylized and fancy . . . dare I say almost like idols?  And in many cultures around the world, there are various holidays celebrating death, dead loved ones or dead spirits.  (Here in the US we have the ever-so-strange Halloween.)  :noidea:

It's weird to see all these death and hell references around.  People, in the US at least, seem to think it's kinda cool.  I guess displaying these images shows that they have no fear and/or trying to convey that, "You'd better not mess with me, because I'm fearless and don't even fear death itself!" (yeah right!)

Of course, as Christians we know how sad this is, if this person is brought down to death without receiving the Savior, the One who overcame death.  They just don't know what they're doing, and need to be told about the One that loves them and can release them from the power of death! :6:

Does this upset anyone else? (and maybe "upset" is too strong a word . . . at the least it's an ongoing curiosity/bothering to me)

Hollywood has had all this in their movies for years and years are you living under a rock and did not notice this. 

Think how many are going to Hell every day what's a person to do shout from the roof tops Jesus saves.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 minute ago, backontrack said:

Hollywood has had all this in their movies for years and years are you living under a rock and did not notice this. 

Think how many are going to Hell every day what's a person to do shout from the roof tops Jesus saves.

If that Rock is Christ - then yes!:red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

No, actually I've been aware of this for quite some time, but it just seems like there's more and more . . . (or I'm getting more sensitive to it)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy" 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Just now, Vine Abider said:

If that Rock is Christ - then yes!:red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

No, actually I've been aware of this for quite some time, but it just seems like there's more and more . . . (or I'm getting more sensitive to it)

Now that Hollywood is on strike maybe it will cease for a while. Yep the rock of our salvation is way good. 

The thing that concerns me is how in the world can we reach so many lost souls! This and the last generation are so mixed up. This internet has destroyed the world. I have not enough space to say why!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

You can possibly talk to each person who has a skull, and they might not all tell you the same things about what it means to them.

Of course, ones could lie to you.

Pirates used the skull and crossbones to scare their prey, I think. And I suppose they used it out of pride and to show they were independent of any country.

These days, it could be meant to express individuality.

I might see it as being a vain thing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 7/16/2023 at 4:02 AM, Vine Abider said:

As I drive around, it amazes me the number of symbolic death references we have in our society! Skulls and skull & crossbones appear on vehicles in prominent places and also on clothing, buildings, etc.  There's also many drawings of zombies or demons or dragons . . . it's all over the place!  Ever notice this?  :th_praying:

The images of the skulls and skeletons and other references to death can get quite stylized and fancy . . . dare I say almost like idols?  And in many cultures around the world, there are various holidays celebrating death, dead loved ones or dead spirits.  (Here in the US we have the ever-so-strange Halloween.)  :noidea:

It's weird to see all these death and hell references around.  People, in the US at least, seem to think it's kinda cool.  I guess displaying these images shows that they have no fear and/or trying to convey that, "You'd better not mess with me, because I'm fearless and don't even fear death itself!" (yeah right!)

Of course, as Christians we know how sad this is, if this person is brought down to death without receiving the Savior, the One who overcame death.  They just don't know what they're doing, and need to be told about the One that loves them and can release them from the power of death! :6:

Does this upset anyone else? (and maybe "upset" is too strong a word . . . at the least it's an ongoing curiosity/bothering to me)

Yes, it`s all coming out of the closet. And you being a shepherd type would feel it more, concerned for them. So let a prophetic/teacher type encourage you to

`seek those things above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of the Father. Set your mind on things above, not on the earth. ` (Col. 3: 1 & 2)

That doesn`t mean to ignore what you see but to focus on what the Lord is doing. He is the God of all mercy and He has a great river of mercy flowing right till the end of time.

At the moment hundreds are coming to the Lord everyday across the world, and then in the great tribulation we see His wonderful hand of mercy reaching out to that great multitude that no one can count - billions. (Rev. 7: 9 - 16)

So let us daily pray for that person walking down the road, driving past, at the counter, children in the park, etc etc. and know for sure that God in His great mercy will draw them to Himself.

Don`t worry about what Satan is doing for it will all pass away, but rejoice in the God of mercy who is on the throne and drawing people in vast numbers to Himself.

• Thanks 1