Solus Christus

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3

Is anyone else on apocalyptic burn out? That your once excitement for the end times is now ebbed and exasperated? 

I am pretty much only looking forward to Jesus’ Return and that is it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

I've always just figured that God will do as he wills when he wills it and if he wills that I be here when he does then I will be here and if he doesn't then I won't.

Truth is that I would like to see the return of the Lord before I die but I don't look forward to going through the events that will lead to it and having to deal with them as they come even though I know the Lord will give me the knowledge of how to do so when I need it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,405
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

20 minutes ago, Solus Christus said:

Is anyone else on apocalyptic burn out? That your once excitement for the end times is now ebbed and exasperated? 

@Solus Christus IMHO on the one hand we should not tire of details that the Lord has revealed in His Word, on the other, the speculative approach - beloved by some ppl - is not the same as exposition of Scripture.

There is so much speculation and sensationalism. I think of John 16.33: "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, Solus Christus said:

I read a lot about it as a teenager and watched a lot about the end times (to the point that I was mildly traumatized by it), and I grew up thinking pretrib rapture was what everyone who wasn't in some weird cult believed. It was a bit of a shock finding out otherwise. I've dug into it a lot and my conclusion is that a lot of these viewpoints have some merit, but things like the timing of the rapture, what various things symbolize, and so on ultimately aren't that important to my theology. I've come to accept that some things are just going to be mysteries until God reveals them to us in Heaven. A lot of the end times specifics fall under that heading IMO, and I'm content with that.

Definitely looking forward to Heaven, though. Like Jesus said where our treasure is there will our heart be also. As I grow older Heaven seems increasingly precious and hopeful.

• Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47

I'm just waiting for Donald Trump to be reelected .After that I will wait on the next step.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

No, because thinking about God, Who I love, excites me.  

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

8 hours ago, Solus Christus said:

Not quite burned out, but it is sometimes slightly tedious to debate. (because this is meant to be discussiion)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Uriah said:

Not quite burned out, but it is sometimes slightly tedious to debate. (because this is meant to be discussiion)

Its sad how the events that lead to our Lord’s Return has had capacity to divide people and make them severe ties over timelines & interpretations. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 8/1/2023 at 4:36 PM, Solus Christus said:

Its sad how the events that lead to our Lord’s Return has had capacity to divide people and make them severe ties over timelines & interpretations. 

Its one of those things we can keep on the back burner to keep it warm .

One thing comes to mind  it seems the division is between those who literalize one level the historical and do not mix with the signified  the understanding of parables. They must be mixed. 

Christ had already declared its a evil generation that looks to sign to wonder after .

Prophecy holds no place as to the future .They it would seem in thier anxiety  demand to see what they see  as the lust of the eyes  as the final authroity in matters of faith again not mixing the unseen things of God ,

The opening statement verse 1 begs for us to did deeper.  Chapter 2:17  emphasizes calling it hidden manna . God hiding the understanding of those who seek after signs  .not only inspired but also signified  he unseen gospel understanding 

Revelation 1 King James Version 1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Not just sent but sent with a understanding. How beautiful are their feet shod with the gospel of peace. . 

We know Satan the father of lies is the god of signs and lying wonders it was silenced when Jesus declared  its a evil generation that seeks after sign and wonder rather than prophecy  non was given from the mouth of Christ(none)  ,

Lying wonders. . . the spirit of error's only voice . . the voice of false prophets, false apostles