IGNORED

ARE WE AT THE BEGINING OF THE NEXT GREAT AWAKENING?

backontrack

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Is it possible that we may be at the beginning of the next great awakening in some churches and the death in others!

I went to a church today that once had over 2,000 members all I saw was just a hand full in the building.

The one I went to last week had 1,000's and seemed to be on fire and almost 30 people came forward to receive Christ and probably that

many Baptized. Most of the first church were older adults and the 2ad church were mixed young and old. 

I felt the holy Spirit in both so why was there so much of a difference, I enjoyed both but the one that was on fire was electrifying.

Both Churches were very friendly and gave us a nice welcome and had great messages I do not get it!

Edited by backontrack
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

3 minutes ago, backontrack said:

Is it possible that we may be at the beginning of the next great awakening in some churches and the death in others!

I went to a church today that once had over 2,000 members all I saw was just a hand full in the building.

The one I went to last week had 1,000's and seemed to be on fire and almost 30 people came forward to receive Christ and probably that

many Baptized. Most of the first church were older adults and the 2ad church were mixed young and old. 

I felt the holy Spirit in both so why was there so much of a difference, I enjoyed both but the one that was on fire was electrifying.

Both Churches were very friendly and gave us a nice welcome and had great messages I do not get it!

I think it one of those . . When he sees the blood not when we see it literally, we see on the outside he sees and moves the heart.

Two custom demonstrations for you in a hope we walk by faith after the unseen things of God. .  both demonstrations Young and Old were given to you it  worked for the good.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

2 hours ago, backontrack said:

No, I think we are living at the beginnings of the 'Great Apostasy'.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

When you have molded a statue and it is time to manifest it, then can come the great falling away of all the pieces used to form the statue.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  3.88

4 hours ago, backontrack said:

ARE WE AT THE BEGINING OF THE NEXT GREAT AWAKENING?

Yes, only this time it's people awakening to a false lord, an angel of light, the devil who is leading the entire world into a one world religion which is hand in hand with the one world government and the anti-christ.

It is mass deception on a grand scale the world has never seen before that will cause many Christians to fall away from the faith and follow doctrines of devils.  This is one of the times we the sheep dividing from the goats.

God's Word teaches in the end times there shall be a falling away... not a massive revival.

1 Timothy 4:1,2

Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron

2 Timothy 4:3,4

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine (teaching); but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 2:1-3

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying (contradicting, Not agreeing with) the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

And through covetousness (idolatry) shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not.

Jude 1:4

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness (no self control, living after the flesh), and denying (contradicting, opposing Jesus’ teachings) the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. (referring to false teachers and false brethren - see Matthew 13:24-30)
(Deny = Strong's G0720… to contradict, disavow, reject, deny, refuse - and Strong's G4483… the idea of pouring forth, to utter, speak of or say, command)

Jude 1:17-21

Remember the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

These are those who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

But you, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
("those who separate themselves" is not referring to sinners in the world who were never joined unto the Lord in the first place)

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

That you be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.

Matthew 24:3-13

What shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ (including saying “I am anointed”); and shall deceive many.

And you shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that you be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

For nation shall rise against nation (ethnic group vs ethnic group), and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in many different places.

All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. (See 1 John 5:3 AND 2 John 1:6)

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Luke 21:34-36

And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Watch therefore, and pray always, that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.  "Surfeiting" = indulging in one's appetites, desires excessively (it’s not good to get too caught up in our own personal prosperity and well being while here on Club Earth (see Matthew 16:25, Luke 9:24, Mark 8:35)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  1

I've gone to a number of Churches over the years and never really found one that I feel like I fit into -I've led a different life than almost anybody- but this has given me some insight into differences in various different Churches and congregations.

The thing that stands out most to me is that some preachers preach the word to preach the word and some preachers preach the word to understand the word.

I don't wee one as right and one as wrong, I'm not qualified to make that judgment, but I do see a difference in the way people respond to those two different types of preaching.

As long as it it God that is being exalted and glorified by the preaching and not the preacher instead, I doubt it matters that much, but that is just something I've observed about different Churches.

Just look for a place where you can bring God's inspiration into your life.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

3 hours ago, FJK said:

The thing that stands out most to me is that some preachers preach the word to preach the word and some preachers preach the word to understand the word.

The word is seed to grow into all God means. So, there is preaching of what we do not understand now, but we trust God to do what He means. But also there is giving understanding . . . I think :)

So, I would say there is preaching of seed and ministering of understanding and perspective. And how well we get it has to do with how mature we are.

For example > we can preach Philippians 2:13 >

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

This is a seed. This grows in me, however God matures me to have God working my will for whatever at any time He wants me to do. I probably will not know ahead of time what God will have me doing, because I am not God, and God is so better than we are so He can have us doing better than we can think ahead of time > there is discovering :)

But there might come understanding to feed us with this. For example, if we are talking about the falling away, one problem is how certain people worship control and their own "free wills" which are not worked in by God. They are self-willing, separate from God so they can control choices in separation from God . . . not submitting to how we are called to be ruled by God's peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

And so they are not living in Jesus Christ's "rest for your souls," (in Matthew 11:29) and so they can be worshiping their own ego's will in their temple of self, and fall with others however. Because they have built on sand of self-dependence, versus obeying God in His peace.

Edited by com7fy8

6 hours ago, FJK said:

Just look for a place where you can bring God's inspiration into your life.

One can do that without going to a building on Sunday morning.

In fact, your personal relationship with the Lord should come before church, family, work, etc, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Stan Murff said:

One can do that without going to a building on Sunday morning.

In fact, your personal relationship with the Lord should come before church, family, work, etc, etc.

That's true, I usually go to a Church far from me by virtue of the internet, yet there is something that comes alive in me when I'm around others that is not there when I'm not.

As that well known philosopher long ago observed "Man is by nature a social being".

Being Christian does not change this, in fact it accentuates it.  Jesus spent almost all of his time with his close companions - the Apostles- along with all the crowds around them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, gathering is something we are told to do in God's Word.

And we need to understand that this is one of the primary avenues satan uses to spread false doctrine and deception.

Because people have a tendency to get along just to be getting along so if they attend a church for a while and have friends there and the church starts teaching false doctrine and all the people buy in to it... most people will go ahead and support the false doctrine (which is sinful) just so they don't lose fellowship with the people they know.

This is how the ecumenical movement is growing so fast where people are believing that all religions lead to salvation and sadly many Christians are being deceived by this movement which is the stage being set for the one world religion that will accompany the one world government and the anti-christ.

Edited by Stan Murff