Major anxiety....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I feel I got what I prayed for. A place of my own for my kids and I but ... my anxiety always spikes at night. 

Idk what to do. I can't sleep. 

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I feel I got what I prayed for. A place of my own for my kids and I but ... my anxiety always spikes at night. 

Try meditating on some comforting Scripture verses....that is, think upon the verses and mull over them.    You can find a lot of comfort in the Psalms.

Also, you might ask your doctor (if you take medication) about trying Melatonin.... it's an over the counter supplement.  

Our brains make Melatonin to make us drowsy.   But as we age it makes less Melatonin.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Hi, Sorry that you are becoming "sleep deprived".

Anxiety eh? Okay, Perhaps facing the issues head on during a time before  nighttime will allow some better sleep. Address them by name and pray about each  of them, turning each issue over to God for protection of you.

Plus you might consider wrapping up the day with prayer with your kids or in their presence.

Might even become childlike yourself with the simple prayer of security  of old. Praying like a child. Might look at WIKI for interesting versions of that prayer;  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_I_Lay_Me_Down_to_Sleep

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

8 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

my anxiety always spikes at night

Is there any particular thing or reasons for your anxiety?

Are you eating and drinking properly?  

Do think seriously  about seeking help for your anxieties,  this is not a suggestion to get drugged to your eyebrows, but for counc3lling, therapy, as has been suggested vitamin supplements and practices like meditating on biblical verses to settle and calm your mind.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

1 hour ago, Who me said:

Is there any particular thing or reasons for your anxiety?

Are you eating and drinking properly?  

Do think seriously  about seeking help for your anxieties,  this is not a suggestion to get drugged to your eyebrows, but for counc3lling, therapy, as has been suggested vitamin supplements and practices like meditating on biblical verses to settle and calm your mind.

Yeah. I have anxiety I'm always afraid of breaks in and stuff. I have tried therapy.. I feel the therapist wasn't much help she made me look within for answers instead of giving helpful suggestions. I may try therapy again and like someone said, melatonin to put me to sleep lol.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

24 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I'm always afraid of breaks in

I don't  know about the states, but here in the UK our police have officers who will inspect ones house and advice on what can be done to improve security.

You can also check on the crime stats for your area to see how valid your fears are.

Discuss with your husband about getting a burglar  alarm and intruder  alarm, linked to the P0lice station.

These might just be moving your anxiety from one perceived  issue to another issue. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97

As a person with moderate to severe anxiety, my one recommendation is to not self medicate. Talk with your primary care physician, be honest and don't hold anything back. If he/she is not sympathetic, find someone else. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.80

Scriptures on SLEEP and REST

Proverbs 3:24
If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

Psalm 4:8
In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Psalm 3:5
I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep those in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because they trust in thee.

Psalm 91:1,2
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust

John 14:1
Let not your hearts be troubled

Psalms 4:8
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Ecclesiastes 5:12
The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep.

Psalms 127:2
It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

Proverbs 20:13
Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread.

Ecclesiastes 2:24-25
There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God, for apart from him who can eat or who can have enjoyment?

Philippians 4:6-7
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus says the LORD:”Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.  But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’

Hebrews 4:4; 9-10
For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.” … So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God’s rest has also rested from his works as God did from his

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Job 33:15
In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on men, while they slumber on their beds

• Loved it! 1