choir loft

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

Iodized salt is simply to get trace iodine into people.

Guest AFlameOfFire
2 hours ago, teddyv said:

Some people prefer to get their iodine that way sure,  from what I understand there is also dextrose in table salt just to stabilize the iodine along with anti caking agents, and we just get our iodine from eggs. We have Lugol's iodine I just never take it, I hate the taste.

I can alot also and I can't tell you have many times I have read, "do not use iodized salt" when I am doing so. You can use canning salt, Kosher salt, pink salt, but alot of recipes would say to avoid that, so I do. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

18 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Yeah, Jesus said there will be wars and rumors of the same. So both should be expected.

Of course He said that.   

Does that mean we are to WELCOME war and destruction and to worship it?

It does not, yet the attitude of most Americans is to wave the flag and genuflect before the image of our war machines.  Americans LOVE WAR and VIOLENCE and the Lord is giving us a belly full of it.  Look around.  Do you not see it?  Judgment is upon us and that's no empty conspiracy theory.  It's a hard fact.

Before and after Christ spoke those words war has scarred the history of mankind.  Is there no other way to advance our civilization?  At present we have the ability to destroy it.  Is that to be welcomed?   Are we to throw up our hands in fatalistic resignation and cry, "loose the dogs of war"?

JESUS SAID peacemakers are the children of God.  Who then are those who embrace war?

I was an unwilling part of it when I was young.  By the grace of God I survived, but many around me did not.   I hate the thought of it.

This is why the day came when I learned of another one brewing in the western Pacific and a most severe escalation upon the steppes of eastern Europe I felt duty bound to give warning.  

This isn't a game and it isn't a conspiracy theory.  Go to China and see.  My son spent a summer there a few years ago.  He can testify with his own eyes.   Go to Ukraine and see.  Do not the images from there speak of terrible things and more to come?

How can any sane person with reasonable mental facilities even suggest that these wars are a conspiracy, a fantasy to be ignored?   THEY ARE NOT.

Americans love war too much to ignore it.  We murder our leaders who preach and work for peace.  Ask President Kennedy,  Ask Martin Luther King, Jr., ask Bobby Kennedy.   Ask Jesus.    You cannot ask them to certify war because they were ALL KILLED for attempting to promote peace.

Was Jesus a conspiracy?    Many Americans today think so, because Jesus wasn't about war at all.

Neither am I.  

Its time to REPENT and seek PEACE with God while the opportunity presents itself.

Hell isn't a conspiracy either.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90

20 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Don't get too used to me posting, I have a lot of free time lately. I'm always amused by the breathtaking hypocrisy, double standards and moral abandonment I see on the news/politics forum.

I hope that you aren't accusing me of being a double standard hypocrite here.

You would be wrong if you are, but we all are once in a while and I don't hold it against you.

May God smile on you today, and bring you peace.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90

10 hours ago, teddyv said:

I understand it originated back in the 19th century as a public health effort to prevent goiters which were a real problem in some parts of the country (and world) as result of an iodine deficient diet.

Since most people today don't even know what a goiter is it seems to have worked.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

16 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Its just the brand I use, I do have various brands of them. Ever do a taste test between salts? The taste of Celtic sea salt is more preferable to me, even the wetness of it is kind of cool. I have Himalayan salt also but that has this grit in it that just doesn't dissolve and so I do not prefer that salt. Its like they left sand in with the salt or something. We make homemade electrolytes and drink  a shot glass of it and its "grit city" (gross). These salts are supposed to have more minerals than the typical Morton's table salt with added iodine, but who really knows? Never had it tested to prove the claims to tell.

Shalom, AFlameOfFire.

Salts are just chemical combinations, usually formed from a metallic acid and a base. Regular "table salt" is sodium chloride (NaCl) formed from sodium metal and chlorine, both of which separately would be poisonous to humans. There are several other salts, some of which supply needed nutrients, such as potassium chloride (KCl). Some are more soluable than others; that is, they dissolve in water better than others.

These trace salts are found in different concentrations in different lakes and seas around the world. It all depends on what a person's body needs as to what will taste the "best" to that individual. If one is craving a particular mineral, one will think a salt formed from that mineral will taste like the best salt ever!

It really depends upon the content of the sea floor or lake bed and the minerals leached into the sea or lake from surrounding rivers and streams.

16 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

I do alot of homemade cooking, and a lot of recipes will tell you not to use salt with iodine in it (or tap water also) for whatever each reason is. So I just don't, but I don't question everything as I ought to maybe, but if I did so I would never have time for more important things.

For the most part we use Redmonds salt, looks like pink himalayan but there is no grit left in it like the other one, so I do like it better. I just do not prefer Mortons salt (at all). I grew up on it, and while growing up I never really tasted anything outside of what I was familiar with, but now that I have I don't prefer that salt anymore.

According to North Country Organics, the chemical content of Redmond's Salt is ...

REDMOND NATURAL TRACE. MINERAL SALT ANALYSIS. Chemical Analysis Avg. Max. Min. Sodium Chloride. 93%. 96%. 91%. Calcium. 0.55%. 0.85%. 0.35%. Copper. 3 ppm (parts per million).

23 hours ago, Slibhin said:

I'm sure you are equally concerned about Trump who can't walk on a ramp, hold a glass properly or contain his childish meltdowns.

Don't get too used to me posting, I have a lot of free time lately. I'm always amused by the breathtaking hypocrisy, double standards and moral abandonment I see on the news/politics forum.

Not to mention the elected members of BOTH parties.

We have entered a new political era of corruption and treasonous leadership.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

On 9/15/2023 at 8:37 AM, choir loft said:

Words reached my ears in mid-August of this year, from sources foreign to the American press, that the People's Republic of China intends to invade the island nation of Taiwan "sometime in early October."  This attack would be preceded by internal meetings and consultations on the part of aggressor nations.

U.S. encroachment onto Asia's borders is causing tension. The Washington establishment will hand over a greater war to Trump to hinder him. Central Asia is the most likely point of next contention via Iran. Causing an existential crisis that will turn the world population against the U.S. and justify her desecration.

Edited by Scott Free

11 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

U.S. encroachment onto Asia's borders is causing tension. The Washington establishment will hand over a greater war to Trump to hinder him. Central Asia is the most likely point of next contention via Iran. Causing an existential crisis that will turn the world population against the U.S. and justify her desecration.

I will not discount American trespass upon the borders of any sovereign nation - mostly because we have a very bad habit of doing so without the slightest consideration of repercussions.

It should also be noted that Communist China has embarked in recent years upon a campaign of militarism thoughout Asia.

The present issue over Taiwan is what is being used as justification for Chinese 'intervention' in the form of invasion.   Historically, Taiwan was always a part of China and Beijing wants it back.  America backed a petty dictator near the end of WWII and when Chiang Kai-Shek lost the civil war to Mao Tse Tung American support followed him to his island kingdom.

Google the 9 Dash Line.

This fictionalized justification for Chinese usurpation of international trade routes is only an old dusted off excuse for war on the high seas.

Washington will not seek peace anywhere until and unless we get our military ass-ets kicked hard. There is too much DC influence to lose and too many defense contracts at stake to risk the break out of peace.

Make no mistake, China is as aggressive as any wild tiger, but America is playing a fool's game when it thinks it can ignore any prospects for peace.

Would a general boycott of all goods produced in China have an effect upon Bejing's leadership?  I'm certain it would.  WWII was about territory.  The current wars are about trade.  Washington thinks its about waving the flag - wrong on both counts.

• Interesting! 1

Guest AFlameOfFire
7 hours ago, FJK said:

I understand it originated back in the 19th century as a public health effort to prevent goiters which were a real problem in some parts of the country (and world) as result of an iodine deficient diet.

Since most people today don't even know what a goiter is it seems to have worked.

I heard that one too, and there was something else I heard (whether true or not I do not know) that it was added around the time of war where a nuclear threat was real or something? That it would protect the thyroid in some way similar as those Pottasium iodine pills which would somehow block radiation in such a time?

I honestly don't know, I wonder if Jesus had iodized salt in his days on earth?

I can't do complicated math, or deal in the area of all things chemicals, but if I am cooking and it says dont use "that" I just don't, and if I can buy something without stuff added to it, I will.

What would we all do without vaccines and iodized salt?

Edited by AFlameOfFire