• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,223
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

In a very brief conversation with my son in law this past Sunday I realized he expressed the attitude of most Americans.   He simply doesn't care about foreign wars and their impact upon human lives.

For instance, I've told him about the upcoming war between America and China. The leaders of BOTH countries want a war.  Nobody wants peace.

My son in law said, "well I hope it doesn't disrupt the baseball and football schedules. There are a lot of fine games coming to us."

I asked him if the deaths of thousands and the impact upon millions wasn't more important.   He answered that his only concern was to be able to watch the games with his AC running....and that's all.

Is THIS what America is all about?

Is THIS the pride of the United States and what our forefathers created upon these shores is about?

"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death." (Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.)

I think Dr. King's words speak for themselves.   America has indeed reached a point of spiritual death.  We care for nothing except personal advantage and loitering.

It is time to repent of our SINs and wickedness before God.  

The problem is that those who know Him do so.  Most Americans play games with religion, mock God and those who respect Him.

What bitter fruit shall we reap from this?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,703
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 minutes ago, choir loft said:

My son in law said, "well I hope it doesn't disrupt the baseball and football schedules. There are a lot of fine games coming to us."

LOL I love it!  I think I may pack that one away for future use myself for when I am assaulted with one too many tirades of doom. He has a grand sense of humor.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

LOL I love it!  I think I may pack that one away for future use myself for when I am assaulted with one too many tirades of doom. He has a grand sense of humor.

My thoughts as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/15/2023 at 9:37 AM, choir loft said:

Words reached my ears in mid-August of this year, from sources foreign to the American press, that the People's Republic of China intends to invade the island nation of Taiwan "sometime in early October."  This attack would be preceded by internal meetings and consultations on the part of aggressor nations.

The predicted meetings have either happened or are in progress as I write.  Some of these events have been carried by media news, but have been interpreted differently so as to fog the understanding of the American public.   News coming out of China and North Korea suggest their military is ready for ... something other than a parade.

The consequence to Americans will be extreme shortages.   For example, toilet paper will become rare.  Buy all you can now or even better buy a bidet.  Those devices aren't common or held on store shelves in great numbers so its wise to buy now.  I did.  Buy extra laundry and dish soap.  Buy extra pet food.  Most of our pet food comes from China.  While these items are manufactured in the US their initial scarcity may cause distress for the average family.

If you have items that have been needing repair DO IT NOW.   If you've been thinking of buying something you need or want, DO IT NOW.   We may not be able to acquire these things easily in the months to come.

Whether you accept this or not is irrelevant to me.  I have followed my own advice; bought a bidet, performed needed repairs and even bought a newer used car.  In some cases, repairs I didn't know I needed suddenly became immediately necessary.   My wife and I have made and are making appointments for personal matters such as dentist visits and preventative doctor visits.

The news I received was personally distressing and continues to be so.  If hostilities commence between China and Taiwan in the east and Russia and Ukraine in the west our future will rapidly become very dark.  Many young men will die on both sides.  

This is a thing I do not wish and I must make it very clear to you, dear reader, that I am very hopeful what I've heard NEVER comes to pass.  

Circumstances that have arisen since I first heard about it do seem to confirm the possibility of war - not just a few skirmishes.

War abroad will mean shortages at home.  

Get ready.  Buy stuff you'll use anyway, just stockpile it for now.  Don't waste time or money buying stuff or doing things that won't be practical six months from now.

Before during and after you do anything PRAY like you've never prayed before.

Perhaps God will have mercy to avert war. Perhaps wisdom among men will blossom as a love of peace rather than love of war.  Perhaps I'm wrong and what I've heard will not come to pass.  

I am hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.  

As a resident of Florida I'm well experienced with approaching monster storms and know the attitude.   Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Maybe we'll dodge a bullet and Christmas this year will be a kind one.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

PS  My sources are PERSONAL SOURCES, not something I read on the internet and not some diabetic vision or dream received from eating too much sugar.  My sources have ears within the Moscow KGB.  As we all know, Moscow is as adroit at lying as Washington, DC.  Maybe it's all wrong.  I hope so.  But it's there nonetheless.  We will see, won't we?

Well, china needs to make their move while our leadership is weak. And the clock is running out. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,703
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Well, china needs to make their move while our leadership is weak. And the clock is running out. 

"Their move" was made long ago when they bought the real estate called the USA. We are merely tenants in "our" country today.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, choir loft said:

Nobody wants peace.

Donald Trump wants peace and that's why the deep states fights him in every way they can.

6 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

I find it disturbing just how infested Christianity is with doomsaying and conspiracies.

Unfortunately it goes with the territory since there is deeply symbolic writings like revelation that get easily interpreted in some bizarre ways, instead of reading it within it's own historical backdrop.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

I find it disturbing just how infested Christianity is with doomsaying and conspiracies.

Infested????   that's an ugly word.

It is the difference in covenant one doings and covenant two doings.

The doomsday saying stuff is just what is supposed to happen just before Jesus returns and rids the planet of the workings of Satan.   You know, your messiah.

Supposedly like child birth.   Hurts more and more then the birth.   Many very ugly things are supposed to happen prior to his return.   None of which we should fear.

All this talk about war and death and destruction should not be a problem to a true born again christian.   No fear.

4 minutes ago, other one said:

All this talk about war and death and destruction should not be a problem to a true born again christian.   No fear.

It's a big money maker, selling books and videos and all that.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

"Their move" was made long ago when they bought the real estate called the USA. We are merely tenants in "our" country today.

Naw. The move you mention is the equivalent of Nazi Germany building up their military power BEFORE the attack  on Poland on 9/1/1939. You are talking about the former and I'm talking about the latter, but I think we are on the same page.;)