Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

As charged, I am watching and waiting for the Lord’s return. Jesus commanded it twice in Matthew and all three synoptic Gospels for emphasis. WATCH!

Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. Matthew 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. Mark 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

The apostle Paul even reiterates it to his Christian brethren to be on the lookout and ready:

1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Expositors are divided on whether the above references the Rapture, signs of the coming Tribulation, or those in the Tribulation period.

WATCH:  ①      to stay awake, be watchful (Herm. Wr. 11, 21b; 1 Macc 12:27; 2 Esdr 17:3) Mt 24:43; 26:38, 40; Mk 13:34; 14:34, 37; Lk 12:37, 39 v.l.[1]

Before I comment on any of my thoughts, I would like to hear yours first, on where you stand:

·         Is the above referencing the Rapture (harpazo), the coming signs of the Tribulation, or inside of the seven years?

·         Are we to be watchful for prophetic fulfillment or signs, watchful and alert of ourselves, ready and not ashamed of our Lord’s appearance, or both?

·         Luke 21:36 – Escape, escape what or when?

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,347
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

As charged, I am watching and waiting for the Lord’s return. Jesus commanded it twice in Matthew and all three synoptic Gospels for emphasis. WATCH!

Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. Matthew 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. Mark 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

The apostle Paul even reiterates it to his Christian brethren to be on the lookout and ready:

1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Expositors are divided on whether the above references the Rapture, signs of the coming Tribulation, or those in the Tribulation period.

WATCH:  ①      to stay awake, be watchful (Herm. Wr. 11, 21b; 1 Macc 12:27; 2 Esdr 17:3) Mt 24:43; 26:38, 40; Mk 13:34; 14:34, 37; Lk 12:37, 39 v.l.[1]

Before I comment on any of my thoughts, I would like to hear yours first, on where you stand:

·         Is the above referencing the Rapture (harpazo), the coming signs of the Tribulation, or inside of the seven years?

·         Are we to be watchful for prophetic fulfillment or signs, watchful and alert of ourselves, ready and not ashamed of our Lord’s appearance, or both?

·         Luke 21:36 – Escape, escape what or when?

God said people can only live 120 years, today scientist say the average age is 85 so by adding either number to 1948 says time is short for the last generation.

• Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, NConly said:

God said people can only live 120 years, today scientist say the average age is 85 so by adding either number to 1948 says time is short for the last generation.

To my recollection, this is the maximum age possible, and only one person made it, or close to it if memory serves. The latest average longevity for human physical life spans is given in Psalm 90:10

Psalm 90:10 (KJV) The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. [70-80 years]

I will not go into it right now, but it is interesting to compare the generation that was alive on May 14, 1948, to Israel's rebirth as a nation in One Day. If the Fig Tree in Luke 21: represents the rebirth of the nation of Israel, these two verses together are interesting doing the arithmetic. 

Luke 21:32 (KJV) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

We are told to carry on with life but be ready at any moment for our Lord's coming. We are also told that, "As it was in the days of Lot." so will the coming of the Son of man be, yet think we are not there yet as I read it and that is serious food for thought. So we make certain that the Word is spread to all corners of the earth, be faithful, look up and not be discouraged with what is happening around us.... sometimes easier said than done, sadly.  (Luke 17:18-37)  

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.32
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.89
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, 

as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

Peace and Safety where? 

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I will not go into it right now, but it is interesting to compare the generation that was alive on May 14, 1948, to Israel's rebirth as a nation in One Day. If the Fig Tree in Luke 21: represents the rebirth of the nation of Israel, these two verses together are interesting doing the arithmetic. 

Since 1948, the evolving status of Jerusalem has been a measure

of progress toward that end.

Luke 21:24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led away

captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles 

until the time of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The time of the Gentiles is linked to the liberation of Jerusalem.

Psalm 102:

12 But thou, O Lord, shall endure for ever;

and thy remembrance unto all generations.

13 Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion:

for the time to favor her, yea, the set time, is come.

14 For thy servants take pleasure in her stones,

and favor the dust thereof.

15 So the heathen shall fear the name of the Lord,

and all the kings of the earth thy glory.

16 When the Lord shall build up Zion,

he shall appear in his glory.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.32
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.89
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

3 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Peace and Safety where? 

Since 1948, the evolving status of Jerusalem has been a measure

of progress toward that end.

Isaiah 62:1 For Zion’s sake I will not hold My peace,
And for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest,
Until her righteousness goes forth as brightness,
And her salvation as a lamp that burns
2 The Gentiles shall see your righteousness,
And all kings your glory.
You shall be called by a new name,
Which the mouth of the Lord will name.
3 You shall also be a crown of glory
In the hand of the Lord,
And a royal diadem
In the hand of your God.
4 You shall no longer be termed Forsaken,
Nor shall your land any more be termed Desolate;
But you shall be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah;
For the Lord delights in you,
And your land shall be married.
5 For as a young man marries a virgin,
So shall your sons marry you;
And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride,
So shall your God rejoice over you.

6 I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem;
They shall never hold their peace day or night.
You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent,
7 And give Him no rest till He establishes
And till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,608
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

On 9/23/2023 at 10:10 AM, Littlelambseativy said:

We are told to carry on with life but be ready at any moment for our Lord's coming. We are also told that, "As it was in the days of Lot." so will the coming of the Son of man be, yet think we are not there yet as I read it and that is serious food for thought. So we make certain that the Word is spread to all corners of the earth, be faithful, look up and not be discouraged with what is happening around us.... sometimes easier said than done, sadly.  (Luke 17:18-37)  

@Littlelambseativy We do indeed need to keep 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.), even as we by His grace serve Him.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,153
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

I don't make predictions, but I do give opinions. My working opinion at the present time is that we are within a few years or so of the Daniel 11:40ff. events, which will culminate in the Great Tribulation and the resurrection of the dead (Dan. 12:1-3).

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,608
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

On 9/23/2023 at 10:10 AM, Littlelambseativy said:

@Littlelambseativy So we need to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12.2), right? even as we by His grace continue to serve Him.

• Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,713
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

By my watch? Well I stand my watch, but do not have a watch at all. So I continue to sand my post until sent to anothe r post within the army of Yeshua.

Yes look up, but don't trip up doing so.

Gregorian calendar accounting of time  applied to Hebrew Calendar prophetic events  declarations become  corrupted, much like  giving numeric values to English language names instead of Hebrew language names does.

Seems to me that accurate  measuring of time using Bible references requires thinking in terms of and using the Hebrew Calendar, not a Gregorian calendar.

(See Remy Landau  for lots of Hebrew calendar information)