• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,327
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, Willa said:

I have tried all the remedies and suggestions for sleep and sleep patterns without success.

Willa, you mean even Melatonin didn't work?   That is a natural substance our brain makes to get us drowsy.   But as we age we make less Melatonin in our brains.

Years ago I would take only a tiny piece of Melatonin.   Now I drop off to sleep easily.   But I do stay up late using my tablet.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

didn't work.  believe me  I tried it.  made me more awake, even jittery.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,492
  • Content Per Day:  12.23
  • Days Won:  31

Hi @Debp For example, I am thinking of:

Galatians 5.22: 'fruit of the Spirit...longsuffering'.

Luke 8.15: 'they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.'

Luke 21.19: 'In your patience possess ye your souls.'

Romans 5.3-4: 'we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience, And patience, experience; and experience, hope'.

Romans 8.25: 'if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.'

Romans 15.4-5: 'written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus'.

2 Corinthians 6.4: 'in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses'.

Colossians 1.11: 'Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness'.

1 Thessalonians 1.3: 'Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father'.

2 Thessalonians 1.4: 'we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure'.

1 Timothy 6.11: 'thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness'.

And then Peter:

2 Peter 3.15: 'the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation'

:)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Willa said:

didn't work.  believe me  I tried it.  made me more awake, even jittery.

Hi @Willa I myself am on lots of meds; sometimes it can take months and even years for a proper balance of doses to work; it's sometimes rather hit-and-miss, with several return trips to the doc.

I hope you can get to rest well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Amen... in ALL things.. I do

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.82
  • Days Won:  1

If nothing else thank the Lord for another day of living, another day of life.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 10/12/2023 at 3:05 PM, TheBlade said:

Amen... in ALL things.. I do

@TheBlade Thankfulness is a great theme with Paul in the NT............ :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  98

Amen, @Debp. You're a wonderful sister. The Lord bless you for sharing a good word with us all.

It's good to remember where I've been, and what I had to endure, to grasp the gift that our Lord Jesus Christ gave to me in this life. The further doctors at the VA examine this body in treating symptoms of muscular dystrophy, the more they discover; the more they discover, the more troubled they seem. Now they suspect cancer --- the results of a biopsy taken during the esophageal dilation procedure I had done last week will tell the tale --- but I'm not troubled by this. On the contrary, I have never been happier nor more content in all of my days. 

The Lord gave me the gift of time, Deb. I've been close to death before so I'm not unfamiliar with pain and suffering, and I know that some of you are familiar with both, too. This flesh does not endure forever, but the Lord does, and He was with me when I thought my time was over. When He healed me and made this body strong again, it pleased the Lord to give me the gift of time:

Time to rest and have a place to call home, something I've never had before.
Time to cease from hardship and tribulation so that I might learn of His love not only for me, but for others as well.  
Time to hear His answer to a question I asked of Him a long time ago when He called me from this world: Why? Why have You called me, Lord?
Time to enjoy the fruit of my labor, something else I never had before. 

I've had more than enough time to rest in this gift that the Lord gave to me --- the gift of time --- and also to hear His answer to the question that I asked of Him. Why did the Lord call me from this world? Because He loves me. That's why. I'm not worried about a thing. None of us need to worry about anything in Jesus Christ. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,624
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/11/2023 at 1:16 AM, Willa said:

I rarely get to sleep before daybreak.  My days and nights are reversed so it is hard to get out of bed before 1 or 2 pm.  I have tried all the remedies and suggestions for sleep and sleep patterns without success.  Doc took me off the only sleeping pills that actually worked.  Yes I do use the time often to praise God and pray, but I need to sleep at night to redeem the time more effectively.  

Hi, Sorry that you suffer that inconvenience as it makes life a little topsy turvy  for sure.