• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

I am the first to take the Bible literally. I only go to the allegorical when it (i) says so, (ii) it is obviously allegorical, and (iii) when it creates absurdities. I also take note of the introductory verses of each book for the setting. Here is Revelation 1:1;

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

The Greek word rendered "signified" is the same word rendered "sign" elsewhere (e.g. John 2:11, 20:30). So the Holy Spirit prepares us that the things that John was to write could, or would be "signs". Much prophecy, like Daniel and Ezekiel, is written in "signs", but their fulfillment is literal. It is a very clever move because a picture says many words without taking up space.

Now, the New Jerusalem is a perfect case. God leaves basically one Chapter to show all His councils consummated. And instead of books being written, He gives a picture. And He makes it quite clear that any other way of handling this City will cause difficulty. To start off, it is at the same time, A City, A Wife, A Woman, God's House and a LIGHT. Immediately the literal must give way lest we produce an absurdity. The shape and size recorded is to show two things. It is a cube. The only other cube is the Holy of Holies. It is on earth but reaches to heaven. It is from heaven, making it heavenly, but placed on earth. And it says more. the Holy Place is missing - just like Ezekiel's Temple. Why? Because our Lord Jesus has fulfilled the Holy Place. (He is the LIGHT of the world, the BREAD of life and is the High Priest of heaven to carry our requests to God. The Lampstand, the Shewbread altar and the Golden altar are embodied and fulfilled in Christ.)

Its measurements are 12 - the number of God's people. 12 Tribes as gates and 12 Apostles that are the foundation of a high wall to keep out profane things - the fulfillment of "dressing and keeping Eden". But its measurement are likened to those of an angel - why? Because in Luke 20:35-36 men in resurrection are like the angels. That is why our Lord said the gates of Hades would not prevail against His Church, and also why the ladder in Jacob's dream at Bethel was set on earth. "Bethel"means House of God, and it was not angels that went up but men in resurrection. Angels are heavenly being and would not have started on earth, but what better way to convey this mystery than to have BOTH men in resurrection and becoming heavenly in one compact vision.

In the millennium our Lord Jesus will live in Jerusalem. Israel will serve Him. One of the services is to vet the Nations who go up annually to worship (Zech.14:16). So they REMAIN GATES to check if the unclean want to have audience with the Lord. And so on. Every facet of New Jerusalem shows God achieving a plan of His. It is one of the richest allegories of the whole Bible. It must be explained using the whole rest of the Bible.

Since we're ruling the 1000 years with Jesus where do you think we will live? (silly question probably :) ? I'm talking about the Church who will return with Jesus on the end of the Tribulation ,we will come back with Jesus on horses ...

38 minutes ago, other one said:

Will we have his body after the resurrection or after his ascension?    If after his resurrection what of those who have been cremated or destroyed in explosions or fires.....   or fallen in the sea and become bottom feeder food.

Something to ponder.

We ave glorified bodies as far as I do understand..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,057
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, other one said:

Will we have his body after the resurrection or after his ascension?    If after his resurrection what of those who have been cremated or destroyed in explosions or fires.....   or fallen in the sea and become bottom feeder food.

Something to ponder.

1st Corinthians 15 is the Chapter on resurrection. But the answer to your question is in 2nd Corinthians 5. In the first to Corinthians it explains that our body is like a seed. It gets planted. But 2nd Corinthians 5 say that the new body is made in heaven. If you put the two together you get a man's body that returns to the elements. It can be buried and rot. It can be burnt. It can be eaten and end up as faeces like Jezebel, but the end result is that it is art of the elements. 

Our first body, the corrupted one, is made in the womb. Our resurrection body is made of the same elements, but by the Holy Spirit. Notice the grammar in 1st Corinthians 15;

35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: ... 38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. ... 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. IT is sown in corruption; IT is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body

"IT" is the same body.

The word "spiritual" has two meanings: (i) it is spirit in substance - like God (Jn.4:24), or it has its ORIGIN in the Spirit - like the rebirth (Jn.3:6). In Luke 24:39 our Lord Jesus said pointedly that He was NOT spirit substance. We will have a body like His. That means - flesh and bone (the blood is missing because Adam's life is in the blood and that's what corrupted us - Rom.5:12-17)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

Yes, those who survive will repopulate the earth, some Jews, some who bring gifts from elsewhere who never received the Mark of the Beast (MoB). So, how can people not receive the MoB but still be alive? The Beast does not rule the whole world, only the E.U. and the Mediterranean Sea Region, thus some gentiles survive, and the Jews will be protected in the Petra/Bozrah area. 

As per the Martyrs who are killed, yes they indeed serve with Jesus for his 1000 year reign, but the designation states the must have refused the MoD in order t serve for the 1000 years with Christ Jesus in Rev. 20:4. Whenever God is that specific, He means what he us saying and by implication that means those of us Raptured will not rule on earth with Jesus for 1000 years. IMHO, we go build or help finish off the New Jerusalem, as it "descends" it is called the Bride of Christ IMHO, because we are in it as it descends. I actually think we travel to it. This world will burn up Peter said, but not only this earth, this whole Universe will be set on fire, IMHO, thus universe in full is hell, we leave Satan and everyone else who love evil trapped in this time warp, we go to God's realm where there is no tie, where there is no stars nor suns, no oceans etc. God's Glory is our illuminating light forever more.

We will live in God's realm or in a New Universe and New Earth/New Jerusalem, which is my belief. 

As per the size, when God uses numbers He at times is telling us you do not need to know as with the 144,000 which I think is 3.5-5 million Jews, 12 = Fulness and 10 = Completeness thus 12 x 12 x 10 x 10 x 10 is simply Fulness x Completeness or ALL Israel who repents. Well, I see the dimensions of the New Heaven and New Earth, and New Jerusalem as unfathomable so God just once again used a number that means Fulness x Completeness. In other words, you would never understand the vastness anyway. Just like using 6 days of creation for 13.7 billion years to Abraham, who could not even fathom what a billion was. 

Whenever God is that specific, He means what he us saying and by implication that means those of us Raptured will not rule on earth with Jesus for 1000 years.

I wonder what other people think about this? I thought the Bible tells us that we will rule and reign with Christ?

8 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Since we're ruling the 1000 years with Jesus where do you think we will live? (silly question probably :) ? I'm talking about the Church who will return with Jesus on the end of the Tribulation ,we will come back with Jesus on horses ...

In John 4:24 our Lord instituted the new way to worship God. This is the way God wanted it in Eden. We were to take God into us and He would dwell in the human spirit. Israel's sins where covered but not taken away by animal sacrifices. So God could only dwell WITH them but behind a curtain and between the Cherubim. Now consider God's command to Adam and Eve. Be fruitful and fill (replenish) the earth. If Adam and Eve had not sinned, Eden would have got bigger and bigger till some of us were in South America. But because God dwelt IN us, we would be with Him always. So Paul writes;

16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. (2 Co 5:16)

The true and God-given way is to be born again and have God in you (This is the subject of John 14). Once our Lord had gone away to death and resurrection, God could live IN man - where He always planned to. I am aware that this is not taught that much in the Churches. Hence, Christians are looking for a Man to touch. This is not wrong, but the way God wants it is an intimate spiritual relationship. See Romans Chapter 8.

1 minute ago, AdHoc said:

In John 4:24 our Lord instituted the new way to worship God. This is the way God wanted it in Eden. We were to take God into us and He would dwell in the human spirit. Israel's sins where covered but not taken away by animal sacrifices. So God could only dwell WITH them but behind a curtain and between the Cherubim. Now consider God's command to Adam and Eve. Be fruitful and fill (replenish) the earth. If Adam and Eve had not sinned, Eden would have got bigger and bigger till some of us were in South America. But because God dwelt IN us, we would be with Him always. So Paul writes;

16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. (2 Co 5:16)

The true and God-given way is to be born again and have God in you (This is the subject of John 14). Once our Lord had gone away to death and resurrection, God could live IN man - where He always planned to. I am aware that this is not taught that much in the Churches. Hence, Christians are looking for a Man to touch. This is not wrong, but the way God wants it is an intimate spiritual relationship. See Romans Chapter 8.

I agree with you ,but I'm thinking when we come back back with Jesus after the Tribulation,we will have a body ( spiritual and natural? But not so natural as people living on the earth who came from the Tribulation,they will multiply the earth again,it 's complicated and not easy to explain, I'm  going to see if there are some good video's on this topic to learn more about it...

4 minutes ago, angels4u said:

I wonder what other people think about this? I thought the Bible tells us that we will rule and reign with Christ?

I will have to differ from Revelation Man. God has never withdrawn His plan for man to rule the earth. Psalm 8 is very specific what we will rule. Luke 19:17-19 is also very specific. You are responsible for a city or cities. The captain of a plane would go to jail for leaving his seat. A king must be present to rule. Jesus Himself, as King of the Jews, will live in Jerusalem.

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

I agree with you ,but I'm thinking when we come back back with Jesus after the Tribulation,we will have a body ( spiritual and natural? But not so natural as people living on the earth who came from the Tribulation,they will multiply the earth again,it 's complicated and not easy to explain, I'm  going to see if there are some good video's on this topic to learn more about it...

Correct. Luke 20 shows that men in resurrection won't have children. But those still in the flesh will. The Nations who survive the Great Tribulation will multiply.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Hi angels4U,

There is no scripture that says we will be on the earth again after we go to be with the Lord in glory. There are a few misinterpretations says `saints` when it should be `holy ones,` and that can be angels. So we need to look at all of scripture regarding that topic.

As to where the New Jerusalem will be it is in the universal region as God`s authority over the new earth. Each realm of God`s great kingdom will have authorities there under the overall rulership of the Lord Jesus Christ and His Body on His own throne in the highest. 

7_NHNE.jpg.16179edd8882146a2c78dff6410f82e1.jpg 

21 minutes ago, angels4u said:

It's 2 a.m. where I am and I'm about to turn in. So I won't be there to contend with my esteemed sister @Marilyn C. But if you read Daniel Chapter 2 it says plainly that God's Kingdom will "fill the earth". It is a Kingdom that replaces Gentile rule of which Nebuchadnezzar was a human king of His City and the world. Verse 44 says;

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

The "people" of the Kingdom are were the destruction is - on earth.

Her argument that saints means angels is easily tested. Just insert "angels" every time you read "saints" and it will become evident how the Bible uses the word "saints". Then turn to Jude 14 and it is plain that Christians who were raptured will return with the Lord TO EARTH. The Lord, after His return to earth, will be seen covered in blood from a visit to Bozrah in Edom. Our Lord could kill from heaven, but to get soaked in blood He will have to be present climbing over bodies. See also Revelation 19:16.

A king who is absent is a king in exile.

Finally, the five foolish Virgins have to "buy from them that sell". The five wise Virgins bought oil before they fell asleep - that is, while they were alive. They were not in heaven. Thus, the wedding feast is on earth because the five foolish tried to get in after buying the required oil. In any case, the Wedding Feast of Matthew 22 and 25 is "LIKE" the Kingdom. And the Kingdom is on earth.