• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

Why was Adam and Eve removed from the Garden of Eden?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

18 hours ago, Dan Knight said:

Genesis 3:22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

4 hours ago, Who me said:

Genesis 3:22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Can anyone sneak into the garden of Eden and take something from Him that He said we could not have?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Dan Knight said:

Can anyone sneak into the garden of Eden and take something from Him that He said we could not have?

As  I remember reading, there is a large angel with a nasty sword to keep us from doing that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 10/10/2023 at 3:16 AM, Dan Knight said:

So they wouldn't eat of the tree of life. It was protection. They now got a sin nature. If they had now eaten from the tree of Life they wouldn't die and wouldn't be able to die with Jesus and get saved. They'd always stay evil just like satan.

If we overcome we can eat it in paradise.

Edited by Renskedejonge

15 hours ago, Dan Knight said:

Given that one angel in one night killed every first born male in Egypt effortlessly,  would you really want to try and sneak past an angel!

The question is pointless  as Eden was destroyed alone with everything else in the flood.

14 hours ago, other one said:

As  I remember reading, there is a large angel with a nasty sword to keep us from doing that.

I agree. My point is this, that Adam and Eves sin was believing that God was a liar.  What He was accused of lying about was death. The devil told Eve, "you shall not surely die".

They were removed from the Garden before they could eat of the tree of life and live forever. 

And what are we taught from the pulpit? That when we depart this existence we shall go to heaven and live forever or to hell and live forever,  but " you shall not surely die".

2 minutes ago, Who me said:

Given that one angel in one night killed every first born male in Egypt effortlessly,  would you really want to try and sneak past an angel!

The question is pointless  as Eden was destroyed alone with everything else in the flood.

Well, just because you don't see the point, doesn't mean that there isn't one. You, simply cannot see it.

But, I have not ever heard that the garden of Eden  was destroyed in the flood. Please, which scripture says directly that the garden of Eden was destroyed? 

3 minutes ago, Dan Knight said:

Well, just because you don't see the point, doesn't mean that there isn't one. You, simply cannot see it.

But, I have not ever heard that the garden of Eden  was destroyed in the flood. Please, which scripture says directly that the garden of Eden was destroyed? 

Genesis 7:19 the flood waters covered the high mountains.

Genesis 9:11 establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.”

Secular geology, the grand canyon is over a mile in depth and covers several thousand square miles of sedimentary rock.

That is sand, gravel etc laid down by water in one global event. An event so catastrophic that in transformed the face of the earth. A garden would have been destroyed.

One may i agile that God preserved it, in which case it is no longer on the earth, or alternatively that same angel that guards it has hidden it, either way the garden is not accessible to man.

To show how destructive the flood was have a look at :-

https://creation.com/how-did-the-waters-of-noahs-flood-drain