dad2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,507
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0

If you want to suspend the laws of physics, or invoke some other pre-Flood physics, I guess you can do that.

The bible record indicates a difference. The long lifespans, spirits marrying women, rapid plant growth and etc demand a difference. The future also in the 1000 year reign of Jesus on earth is much like that former time when it was different. It will again be different here on earth. The exception is the present time. To base all models on the laws of this present time therefore is to disbelieve God'

Honestly, I think you are over-thinking it in your apparent need to be right in this matter. Why not simply invoke miraculous intervention since these acts would not be bound by physical laws? No one can argue against that from a scientific or naturalistic view since it's supernatural.

Changing nature and forces in the near future for the millennium is miraculous just as changing things on earth sometime after the flood was miraculous. Looking at what is not natural and physical as the key to the past or future is wrong and that is why you ened up with old ages and evolution.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

On 10/16/2023 at 7:10 AM, RV_Wizard said:

God can create daughter isotopes as easily as he created the parent isotope; except that they were created at the same time.

God is so knowledgeable that he created isotopes but messed up with human anatomy? Why do men have nipples? What purpose is there for the appendix?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

58 minutes ago, Eman_3 said:

God is so knowledgeable that he created isotopes but messed up with human anatomy? Why do men have nipples? What purpose is there for the appendix?

I can't speak for men, however if male pigs don't have nipples, neither will any of their offspring (male or female).    As for the appendix, I read a couple of months ago that some think it is a repository for good bacteria for the digestion in our gut.  When we get sick and flush out our digestive tract, the appendix helps replenish the good bacteria.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  744
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

1 hour ago, Eman_3 said:

The appendix  is NOT vestigial.  It aids the immune system.  There is no reason they Wouldn't have nipples, sine Eve was made from Adam's anatomy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/4/2023 at 10:59 AM, Eman_3 said:

Men have nipples for a very simple reason.

ALL embryos, both male and female, are not "male and female" in sexual distinguishability until about the 7th or so week.  Both start the nipple formation.  At the 7th or so week, in a little boy embryo - the male begins forming testicles.  Ergo, he can produce testosterone and his brain and genitals form differently than the little girl embryo.

BUT - what is WAY more important is that what I just told you is that you have accused God of "messing up" - ONLY because you didn't have that information.

There are countless things we don't know.  How and why is that God's fault?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, Jayne said:

ALL embryos, both male and female, are not "male and female" in sexual distinguishability until about the 7th or so week. 

The XX or XY thing -that is the absolute distinguishibility of Sex- is established and identifiable at conception.  It never changes and cannot be changed by any known method, natural or artificial.

1 minute ago, FJK said:

The XX or XY thing -that is the absolute distinguishibility of Sex- is established and identifiable at conception.  It never changes and cannot be changed by any known method, natural or artificial.

You are correct.  Chromosomes cannot be altered.  I wasn't talking about chromosomes.  I was talking about sexual features:  nipples, brain differences, and testicles.

6 minutes ago, Jayne said:

You are correct.  Chromosomes cannot be altered.  I wasn't talking about chromosomes.  I was talking about sexual features:  nipples, brain differences, and testicles.

Wouldn't those be determined by chromosomes?  With no other determining factors needed?

Just now, FJK said:

Wouldn't those be determined by chromosomes?  With no other determining factors needed?

Indirectly.  The brain differences and genital differences are formed by hormones.  Until the embryonic boy or girl start creating hormones by growing testicles and ovaries, they both have the same embyronic details.  The little boy's nipple formulation stops when he first produces testicles in the womb very early.

Plus, those hormones create even MORE differences when the young pre-teen or even teen hits puberty.

The chromosomes are established at conception.  The hormones don't come into play, because of those chromosomes, until later.

6 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Indirectly.  The brain differences and genital differences are formed by hormones. 

Oh, I'm aware of that, but are those hormones and the physical development processes they control not directed by an under the regulation of the chromosomes?

It is my understanding that chromosomes determine every aspect of the person, some say all the way down to the type of personality he or she develops.