IGNORED

Faith based tattoo question

farouk

Faith based: does this describe your (actual or likely) first tattoo?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Faith based: does this describe your (actual or likely) first tattoo?

• Yes, it is or would likely be faith-based
    • No, it does not/would not/no tattoos received or planned
    • I'm open to the idea but am not quite sure yet
    • Rather not say

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 11/10/2024 at 01:48 AM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.13
  • Days Won:  31

On 12/5/2023 at 10:38 AM, Thewhitedove said:

....I haven't decided what to do!

@Thewhitedove Without committing yourself yet, you could always get advice from a good tattoo parlor about your various options...(or maybe you went already for the advice...)

Thanks to all who voted so far in the poll.

NB: If you have not yet voted in the poll, please vote now.

@Thewhitedove To how and what you decide, whether there's a good tattoo parlor near you will possibly make a big difference, right?

On 12/4/2023 at 6:50 PM, NConly said:

It seems to be the thing to do these days.

@NConly Yes.

It definitely is.

Hi @Thewhitedove Back, you said:

"I was considering getting a cross tattoo as a conversation starter".

Among the very many tattooed Christian men and women, some Christians regret their parlor ink-up trip.

Others seem to find a faith based ink-up a highly heartening experience, helping to embolden them talking to people.

(I guess you've already thought a lot about both of these possible outcomes? bc a Christian woman like you who is a prospective tattooee knows herself first of all.)

"Its like a button for any lack of self control on my own part. Kind of like what farouk was talking about when a woman wanted to pierce her tongue to remind her to think before she speaks, I would use that button that way, in a positive way."

@AFlameOfFire What you said recently; similarly some Christians use their faith based tattoos as a self-check / reminder, as regards their own daily conduct, don't they?

Like, in the light of their responsibility to act according to what they profess.

Guest AFlameOfFire
2 hours ago, farouk said:

"Its like a button for any lack of self control on my own part. Kind of like what farouk was talking about when a woman wanted to pierce her tongue to remind her to think before she speaks, I would use that button that way, in a positive way."

@AFlameOfFire What you said recently; similarly some Christians use their faith based tattoos as a self-check / reminder, as regards their own daily conduct, don't they?

Like, in the light of their responsibility to act according to what they profess.

It is true that the ignore button would give you an additional pause to responding when dealing with someone with the traits of a donkey (Something like it might have helped Moses when he was provoked). It is more useful as a secondary pause button, because we do have an internal one (so to speak) and we should lean on the one who pushes on that one and exercise ourselves unto better self control by him, after all that is a fruit of the Spirit (self control). And the ignore buttons (whether the internal one or the secondary one used on the forums) in this case have less to do with restraining the lusts of the flesh and more to do with avoiding certain people, and making them invisible to you (disappearing them from your life) and really has nothing to do needle painting your own flesh with permanent ink.

I don't agree with doing that to myself. So you will have to discuss all the reasons others who do agree with it will provide for you in their own justifications for doing that who are willing to do that to their bodies.

3 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

...... really has nothing to do needle painting your own flesh with permanent ink.

@AFlameOfFire Depends on what the tattoo is for, really.....

@Anne2 You said: "A nurse and former smoker. She quite around 20 ish. Not sure when she started, but in those teen years somewhere.. She is also tattooed, very discreetly though."

Reflecting on trends in the past and in the present, seems like both starting to smoke and getting tattooed either are or have been in the past coming of age things.

Maybe now not so much with smoking but — against the background many decades back of young women starting work in factories because of the war effort and of huge numbers of young women joining the military — there was the coming of age thing of teen daughters starting to share and use the contents of their moms' cigarette packs - indeed with their moms' expectation and approval. A definite coming of age social trend.

Tattoos: well, now the moms of teen daughters are likely already tattooed - many of them - so again the first visit to the tattoo parlor has so widely become a coming of age thing. This also: a definite coming of age social trend.