• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

My mother was christian and she dated and married my dad who was an atheist and got saved last year at 87. It gave a lot of problems. So I thought: Lets be smart and listen to the advice from church and wait for the one God has for me, who is obviously christian. My parents are happily married. I'm divorced. It was horrid. God knew, but He was more interested in the kids I guess. Leah didn't have a too great marriage either. Anyway now my son is the age that he gets interested in girls and had I been happily married I would have told him: Wait on God! Wait for the one He has for you. But now I'm like: Don't! Listen to Paul! Stay single. Buy a rabbit. Or show me who it is, so I can judge and if I see a tiny red flag it's a nope from me and even if it is a green flag parade watch out. I just read the story of Jim Elliott and his wife. What a lie that God wants you to be happy and have a nice relationship. It's not true. Danger. Don't proceed. Look at Adam. His whole life ruined. The whole world ruined. He'd still be chilling with the monkeys if he never got a wife.

Anyway so what do you think is best? Just don't give him any advice maybe. We had a comedian. When his daughter came home with a guy he didn't like he said: I praised him out of heaven.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

28 minutes ago, Renskedejonge said:

had I been happily married I would have told him: Wait on God! Wait for the one He has for you. But now I'm like: Don't! Listen to Paul! Stay single.

How old is your son?   It sounds like he is very young?

Is he a believer?   Do encourage him to remain pure until marriage.   If he is really young, he should try to delay single dating so he won't fall into temptation.

Not everyone has a single calling, so he will have to see if he has that calling on his own.

Even though you had a bad marriage, if he wants to marry, try to guide him in the right way and pray he meets a nice Christian gal.   Don't put what happened to you onto him.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes he is christian and he does that. He was just talking to a girl, but it's over already. I haven't said anything for this reason. I don't want to be negative, but normally I would just pray God to protect my kids in this matter, but I have been lied to by the church that God wants everyone to have a happy clappy marriage. It's just not true. Maybe I should take the advice of the happy Hunters. The first person she prayed for died and she was like: next. I don't give up hope and faith on Godly healing either just because someone didn't get healed.

Maybe God can use it for good, cause I also had to do a horrible school, so I protected them and they don't have to do it. They have this cute way easier christian school.

And I'm an expert now on red flags. That girl for instance said she was clingy. Run for the hills. Also their parents are a great example on how to never do it.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It's very important for you to teach him what a good wife should be.   More important to teach him how to be a good husband.   If you teach him how to treat a spouse and what to look for in a spouse he should be able to decide on the right one when she comes along.  With too many guys they are looking for the wrong thing concerning a life long mate.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I hope he was happy with my unsolicited advice lol.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

Don't get into that nonsense of a "soul mate" or that God has that one person picked out for him.

I cringe at the "waiting on God" thing, as it sounds like an empty platitude and not advice. You've got to meet and get to know a person. They will rarely just show up one day with a sign above their head saying "pick me".

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, teddyv said:

Don't get into that nonsense of a "soul mate" or that God has that one person picked out for him.

I cringe at the "waiting on God" thing, as it sounds like an empty platitude and not advice. You've got to meet and get to know a person. They will rarely just show up one day with a sign above their head saying "pick me".

That did work for me, just wait apathetic for Mr. Right, but lol my ex had to do all the work. He asked 5 girls from church out. I was the only one who said yes. I was like: Wow a normal person shows interest! This must be the one.

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

10 hours ago, teddyv said:

Well I knew even before I met my first wife in person. We were together half a century.

I knew even before I met my second wife in person. We have been together 8 years.

I have no "special" advice for others I just know God knows, and that  is that. 

Best general advice I can think of for marriage- be willing to lose and/or sacrifice many an issue or conflict in order to win the greater victory a long long loving relationship. And watch the movie War Room then watch it with a notepad at hand. Know what you are fighting and learn how to fight it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

That did work for me, just wait apathetic for Mr. Right, but lol my ex had to do all the work. He asked 5 girls from church out. I was the only one who said yes. I was like: Wow a normal person shows interest! This must be the one.

I was not exactly outgoing about asking women out. It took me nearly killing myself on a job that made me get around to asking my eventual wife out on a date. But we had known each other as part of a larger group of friends for awhile.

• Thumbs Up 1