Trinitynamer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

Prayer and the Scriptures as a definite habit are excellent options: make sure to centre upon the Person and work of Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,108
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

What boggles my mind is there are Christians (supposedly) who don't believe in demons or the occult. Wouldn't you need to cut out like half of the bible?

The occult, no question it's here. Just because we don't often see the work of demons does not negate their existence.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

25 minutes ago, Starise said:

What boggles my mind is there are Christians (supposedly) who don't believe in demons or the occult. Wouldn't you need to cut out like half of the bible?

The occult, no question it's here. Just because we don't often see the work of demons does not negate their existence.

Oh I agree @Starise that the bad spirit world indeed exists. What the believer really needs to do is to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12.2) and be armed with the Whole Armour of God (Ephesians 6).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Starise said:

From my perspective over the years, it might be that people are not looking.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,108
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

13 minutes ago, other one said:

From my perspective over the years, it might be that people are not looking.

I haven't had to look very hard to see it. 

1 minute ago, Starise said:

I haven't had to look very hard to see it. 

I have a couple of friends that are so afraid of it, they even avoid the subject.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  10,257
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

6 hours ago, Starise said:

Unclean spirits? Yes.

Demons/unclean spirits that cause psychological, psychiatric, and/or physical afflictions? No. 

Occult/witchcraft? Of course. It exists.

Followers of Christ afflicted by witchcraft or unclean spirits? No. We're sealed by the Spirit of God who dwells with us. Whatever happens to us is according to His purpose and will.

Here's what boggles my mind: the conspiratorial mindset required to blame unclean spirits or witchcraft for everything. Not healthy nor true.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, other one said:

I have a couple of friends that are so afraid of it, they even avoid the subject.

Balance. Just a few years after I was saved a friend gave me a book by Jesse Penn Lewis about satan and the  demonic world. I began to study till late at night, so caught up, unable to put it down. One night about two o'clock while studying, I felt a huge oppression pushing down on me. Freaked me out. I knew I was surrounded by satanic force. No doubts whatever. I admit I was scared.

Went to bed. Could feel still the oppression as if they surrounded our bed. Lots of praying. In the morning my wife ask me if I had awaken that night and felt the oppression, though I did not tell her about what happened. Told her what happened. I got rid of the book.

Now I do study about warfare, but about what God has taught me about the weapons of warfare and the armor, and my position in Christ.   Balance.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/25/1988

19 hours ago, other one said:

Depends on what's really bothering you.   If it is spiritual, the Psychiatrist is not likely to help you, for most don't believe in spiritual problems.  Unless he's a Christian, he can't help.  Same with a therapist if they are not at least a Christian.   Meds can't get rid of demons, but if the problem isn't demons, and you stop your meds it can cause a huge problem, as you should be able to imagine.

I'd go back to my first question, have you declared Jesus as your Lord.  It doesn't seem you have because Jesus told us to get baptized.   If he's our Lord, we must do as he has directed.

Thanks for the response I think the meds don't do me any good I just take them cause I had to due to court orders. I agree Jesus Christ said to get baptized so I'm going to whenever I am able to, it won't hurt to do so it will only grow my faith. As for the demons they seem to have left me alone ever since I had posted this a couple days ago.

• Praying! 1

1 minute ago, Holytrinity said:

Thanks for the response I think the meds don't do me any good I just take them cause I had to due to court orders. I agree Jesus Christ said to get baptized so I'm going to whenever I am able to, it won't hurt to do so it will only grow my faith. As for the demons they seem to have left me alone ever since I had posted this a couple days ago.

I hate to sound like a broken record but, it is very important that you publically declare Jesus as your Lord. I would hope you have done that.

• Thumbs Up 1