• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/11/2023 at 1:59 PM, Sower said:

I'll have to see if I can locate 'Dave' if still alive and give him a call about Hal.....:)

Hal_9000_Panel_svg.png.b9af3e6ea51775cbd34ba4134d9eed7b.png

Hal, now that is  a memory, a blast from the past. back in 1984 I experimented with  what is now considered robo calls to generate sales presentation leads. The system did have a very limited set of rules that allowed  for  "personalized" conversation with Hal.  

Mostly "Hal" took abuse. It was not well received even back then. So We went back to live callers to find leads for appointments.

Even back then it was a mathematical formula that could be counted upon: 1 in 600 numbers dialed by live representatives would  result in an appointment. Calls made at a pace of 48 calls per minute, an appointment could be generated on average every 13 minutes of calls made.

1 in 10 kept appointments with a full sales presentation resulted in a sale.  Did right at $5,000,000 in local sales per year that way- back then.

Those irritating  calls do result in business transactions, that is why they get made! 'Course today unlike back in 1984, yes 1984, there were few if any scammers using phones to con individuals and no such thing as junk email to contend with. 

Still, Hal? Oh my, I had blotted that one out of my active memory files. Embarrassing even now to think I actually did  try that. What must I have been thinking back then?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Fascinating to me is that in seeing the immense capacity  of AI  as it is expanding, that it is far easier to gain a glimpse of understanding as to  how God can have personally active knowledge of all things.

Man is reaching out again to become his own god. Probably not going to end well for much of this creation.

...And then there will be a new heaven and a new earth....

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 12/12/2023 at 1:18 AM, Neighbor said:

The noise generated at these cyber coin power"stations"  a constant hum at about 85 decibels or higher destroys the  right to peaceful enjoyment of properties within a great distance around the sites. 

Creative Writing Genre 

Big cities slowly awake in expectation of the new dawn.

From the dying hours of darkness, slowly and surely, daily life emerges with early light not far away, and birds not unaware their part to play, in metropolitan mornings.

These mechanical orchestras begin their tuning up, reluctant to respond, at first, to unseen signals from invisible conductors prodding and provoking them, but games of question and answer with echoing notes that bang and clang across industrial distances help them find some form of rhythm, and from there they rise to harmonise gentle traffic trickles and swelling street sounds with louder highway hums, until maximum crescendos fill the daytime world.

Big cities, big buildings, big business, and big, big background noise. 

The human race is here.

[Michael37]

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

12 hours ago, NConly said:

If they want us to move to ev's they need this in place imo or each ev come with its own charger. I read up on the batteries they use and seems they could make replaceable cells.

It's my understanding the charging control system is built into the battery system.  What you need is the cable.   I was told I could plug a tesla into a 50 amp 220 plug that I use to hook my generator up to my house.  Problem is that when traveling no one is going to let you use their plugs so there has to be a public one.   The charging stations are really expensive to put in, so not many people are willing to invest the money to do so.   

I can't understand why the government hasn't spent the money that was set aside to put in the chargers.   Especially since they seem to want to make you drive EVs.

OH WAIT, doesn't agenda 30 say they don't want us traveling more but staying home.  They want to build communities where people have everything they need within a 15-minute walking distance, so they don't need a car at all.

There is a company that rebuilds batteries by replacing the bad cells.   It's still grossly expensive for rebuilt batteries, and they don't last as long as new ones.   It's not a simple thing to change the batteries, for the whole car is built around the things.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Creative Writing Genre 

Big cities slowly awake in expectation of the new dawn.

From the dying hours of darkness, slowly and surely, daily life emerges with early light not far away, and birds not unaware their part to play, in metropolitan mornings.

These mechanical orchestras begin their tuning up, reluctant to respond, at first, to unseen signals from invisible conductors prodding and provoking them, but games of question and answer with echoing notes that bang and clang across industrial distances help them find some form of rhythm, and from there they rise to harmonise gentle traffic trickles and swelling street sounds with louder highway hums, until maximum crescendos fill the daytime world.

Big cities, big buildings, big business, and big, big background noise. 

The human race is here.

[Michael37]

An AI generated prose? :)

• Haha 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

Tesla has become the charging standard and most other US EV makers are adopting it in 2024. This is because the others couldn't keep up and their equipment was unreliable in addition to their charging plug being large and cumbersome. This was in spite of the Biden administration backing them and pulling against Tesla in favor of GM. Eventually they all had to admit that what they were doing wasn't going to work for larger EV adoption. So GM, Ford and others are going to the Tesla setup. Tesla has the largest national charging network. Unless you're way out in the middle of nowhere there's a charger within range. I can go around 300 miles on a charge since my model is a long range model.

I think you're right @other one about them wanting us all to stay in cities where they can watch and control us.They could do that in other ways too, such as gas rationing and Gasoline vehicles could be given range limitations using gps.

47 minutes ago, other one said:

There is a company that rebuilds batteries by replacing the bad cells.   It's still grossly expensive for rebuilt batteries, and they don't last as long as new ones.   It's not a simple thing to change the batteries, for the whole car is built around the things.

I think a lot of this is chaulked up to the math in EV .vs Gasoline. I think a new battery for my car is somehwere around 12K. Might be close to an engine replacement cost if done in a factory shop?  and there is a group of people who go around keying EVs. Even amongst my Christian brothers here it seems there's a lot of hate. To me it's just a car that happens to run on electricity.

AI will never be sentient and it's all computer algorithmic. The human brain is not algorithmic and we are sentient, so all of these catch words they use such as "neural networks" have nothing to do with anything neural. The best they can hope for is a simulation and never a replacement for the human brain.

7 minutes ago, Starise said:

The best they can hope for is a simulation and never a replacement for the human brain.

I have relatives who are involved in the research that would disagree.  One helped write the self learning algorithms.  Having a discussion with him is really spooky.  To put it into his words, we can already make it outperform humans.  It will never have a soul, but the rest of it will be very much like us (in his words).

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

8 minutes ago, other one said:

I have relatives who are involved in the research that would disagree.  One helped write the self learning algorithms.  Having a discussion with him is really spooky.  To put it into his words, we can already make it outperform humans.  It will never have a soul, but the rest of it will be very much like us (in his words).

Yes it can be very convincing and outperform humans in lots of things. It doesn't have conciousness though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Starise said:

Yes it can be very convincing and outperform humans in lots of things. It doesn't have conciousness though. 

My nephew would disagree with you.   I'm not involved enough to know.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

AI will be used in 5th generation warfare. It might make preacher's jobs easier maybe I'll get on chatgpt and see what kind of sermon comes up.