Burial Question

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Is there a right or wrong way to be buried when we die for a Christian? i have some people in my family who want to be cremated, and then my husband wants to be cremated and his ashes scattered over the ocean. i have always wondered if it matters to God how we bury our bodies? What are some people's opinions on this?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,298
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, itty-bitty lamb said:

Is there a right or wrong way to be buried when we die for a Christian? i have some people in my family who want to be cremated, and then my husband wants to be cremated and his ashes scattered over the ocean. i have always wondered if it matters to God how we bury our bodies? What are some people's opinions on this?

I personally care less what happens to my temporary corrupted body. My wife wants to be cremated to keep the kids from paying crazy burial costs. Some have a problem with cremation. We do not. God knows our hearts, and we believe would have said something in scripture if it is not proper. Don't believe it's the unpardonable sin.......default_cool2.gif.5f93beaf9aa2147a7a0cee638958e2ca.gif

It's the right vs wrong way to live I'm more concerned with right now....

Thanks...

Amendment (1st) My wife decided (:unsure:) that the easiest least expensive way is to donate our bodies to science/research like my mom did. It's free, easy and then later will have a (cheap) private memorial service.

(2nd)  (That's as of a few months ago, subject to change :mellow:)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest AFlameOfFire

Yeah, some people are eaten by sharks or die in burning buildings where their bodies are not even recoverable. I kind of cringe at the thought of decaying and worms eating my body (hate to be so honest here) but I figure since dust we are and we all return to dust again I would just see the cremation process as bypassing the whole worm thing and make the dust thing happen a little faster.

Its pretty expensive to do the burial thing these days, if we could bury our loved ones on our lands that would work but I think the reason that stopped was because a land that has buried folks on it cannot be taxed, that's what I heard, that it was changed at some point in time where families used to bury their families on their own lands and that got in the way of taxing properties laws.

Did I hear something like that correctly? 

I want to be cremated, I just don't want to wake up in the middle of the process, that would really stink for me.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,298
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

4 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Yeah, some people are eaten by sharks or die in burning buildings where their bodies are not even recoverable. I kind of cringe at the thought of decaying and worms eating my body (hate to be so honest here) but I figure since dust we are and we all return to dust again I would just see the cremation process as bypassing the whole worm thing and make the dust thing happen a little faster.

Its pretty expensive to do the burial thing these days, if we could bury our loved ones on our lands that would work but I think the reason that stopped was because a land that has buried folks on it cannot be taxed, that's what I heard, that it was changed at some point in time where families used to bury their families on their own lands and that got in the way of taxing properties laws.

Did I hear something like that correctly? 

I want to be cremated, I just don't want to wake up in the middle of the process, that would really stink for me.

We checked into that years back and we can bury on private property of a certain minimum size . But we understand we cannot fence it and lock the right to public access, have to provide an access road, or something like that. Doesn't matter anymore.  I forgot to amend my previous post. We are donating our bodies to science like my mom did. The bodies will be used for research/study by doctor students and science. It's free....and will have private memorials upon our deaths.

• Thanks 1

Guest AFlameOfFire
21 minutes ago, Sower said:

We checked into that years back and we can bury on private property of a certain minimum size . But we understand we cannot fence it and lock the right to public access, have to provide an access road, or something like that. Doesn't matter anymore.  I forgot to amend my previous post. We are donating our bodies to science like my mom did. The bodies will be used for research/study by doctor students and science. It's free....and will have private memorials upon our deaths.

I just checked my state and we can bury on our own land also, this work for us. Never checked to see if we could do that, how cool is that? 

I'll have to get past the whole worm thing but I think I can manage to do that when I am dead haha.

I won't go there with you concerning it, but I would never ever donate my body to Science, and that's all I will say about that since you have probably already added that to your drivers license and its nearly impossible to revoke it once you have from what I have been told.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Sower, there are some videos if you do a search on You tube about people who have donated their bodies and what some have found they do with them  (all in the name of Science of course)  and I really don't want to say much about it but since you posted on it and others may think that sounds like a noble idea to give your body for a cause as these others thought that was what they were doing only to find out otherwise in some of these situations. I wanted to post a few videos so others are aware the industry has some fraud in it.  I am trying to recall what videos I had watched at the time because I never saved them (like who would?) I don't have the exact videos I had on this back then but I think they are close enough. Ever see some of these?

Body Brokers | CBS Reports

Inside the DISTURBING World of “Donating your body to science”

America’s (Totally Legal) Body Trade, Explained

What Could Happen if You Donate Your Body to Science

Valley makes disturbing discovery after donating his mom's body to Biological Resource Center

The untold truth of body farms (image search)

Dr Byrne, Brain death is a lie.

There are others but there's a few of them 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  793
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, itty-bitty lamb said:

My husband used to be the verger of an Anglican church, and one of the things he had to do was manage the graveyard. It has put me off being buried, I can tell you!

In the UK, burial land is in very short supply. You can only "own" a burial plot for 100 years - after that, what's left of you may be dug up and relocated.

My husband and I are both going to be cremated. Then our ashes will be "scattered" in our local cemetery. ("Scattered" is rather a misleading term here; they won't be literally scattered, just buried in an unmarked place. However, the cemetery keeps a record of exactly where they are; we were able to bury my Mum's ashes in the same place as my Dad's, although there was 12 years between their deaths.)

There's no Biblical prescription for how we dispose of our bodies. A number of methods are mentioned in the Bible - including cremation (Saul and his sons were cremated).

• Thanks 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,039
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,446
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, Sower said:

We are donating our bodies to science like my mom did. The bodies will be used for research/study by doctor students and science. It's free....and will have private memorials upon our deaths.

My uncle in Arizona who died last February did that.   He didn't want to cause an expense to his nieces and nephews.

The company is called Sciencecare.  They handled everything.

Since my elderly mother was his closest relative, Sciencecare emailed us documents for her to sign electronically.

His cremated remains were returned to one of his nieces in Phoenix.

Sciencecare has a memorial wall on their website for loved ones' remembrances.

Also, they tell you what type of medical research was helped by your loved one's donation.

https://www.sciencecare.com/

About myself, I have no idea what will happen to my body.   (No children.)  And I don't worry about it.

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,516
  • Content Per Day:  5.11
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I will be buried in the same plot that my son was buried ... it is already paid for as he died 28 years ago so still room and enough years for my body to turn to dust before the plot rights revert to the council . Since I wont be there to worry about it it is actually not only cheaper but quicker as cremations can take over a month at the moment with such a backlog . My mum originally wanted to donate her body to science  but since the nearest place is over 100 miles away we would have had to pay for her body to be transported then  to be " disposed of " after they had finished so she changed her mind . 

Since once I have gone home my body is of no use to me I really dont care .. it can be turned into dog food as far as I am concerned I wont be using it again 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,400
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

13 hours ago, itty-bitty lamb said:

It doesn't matter to God how we decide to dispose of our bodies. God will give us new, incorruptible bodies.

It would be impractical to have such a rule as many people over history have died in circumstances that gave them no choice about the manner in which their bodies were dealt with. Furthermore, there is no certainty that our will about what happens to our bodies after we are gone will be respected.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1