• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,586
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

You may like to consider that you are assuming and that is not scriptural.

There are no two kings on the earth at the same time - King Jesus and King David. A king is supreme. 

Shalom, Marilyn.

That's not true. As Yeeshuwa` becomes "King of kings," wouldn't it be wise for Him to take from those resurrected, kings to fill the lesser positions, especially those who have reigned before, those of His own FAMILY? Remember what David said?

Psalm 110:1-7 (KJV)

1 [[A Psalm of David.]]

The LORD said unto my Lord,

"Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. 3 Thy people [shall be] willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. 4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent,

"Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek."

5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. 6 He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill [the places] with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries. 7 He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.

He called his own Seed, "my Lord!" Why? Because He will be David's KING!

Edited by Retrobyter
to fix a misspelling

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

You may like to consider that you are assuming and that is not scriptural.

There are no two kings on the earth at the same time - King Jesus ad King David. A king is supreme. 

The Lord is the commander of the angelic hosts throughout the centuries. Look at Joshua who bowed before Him. (Joshus 5: 13 - 15) Then when Elijah prayed for the servant`s eyes to be opened to see the chariot army of the Lord. (2 Kings 6: 17)

King David spoke of the chariots of God, the angelic army. (Ps. 68: 17) And Jesus said that He could call on 12 legions of angels, (Matt. 26: 53) to provide for Himself. 

Jesus also told us that His angelic army would come with Him at the end of the trib.

`they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds with power & great glory. And He will send His angels..`                             (Matt.24: 30 & 31)

`When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him...` (Matt. 25: 31)

`the Son of Man comes in His glory, & in the glory of the holy angels.`  (Luke 9: 26)

`when Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God,..` (2 Thess. 1: 7)

Time for tea so will comment on the rest tomorrow. Hope you can look into these thoughts bro.

Well, at least call it scriptural assuming, LOL. I welcome other reasonable views and opinions; it challenges me to be more like a Berean. You and AdHoc always force my ancient gray matter into overdrive, LOL. I try to refrain from being dogmatic and argumentative on most subjects. What can a person learn if their views are set in concrete? I am a mere student of the Word and not a teacher.

We agree on more things than we disagree on. So, let us discuss a few things we view differently and ask questions to see where our hermeneutics start to veer off.

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7)

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. (2 Corinthians 5:8)

I contend upon physical death, after Christ's resurrection, those in Jesus go directly to the 3rd Heaven to be with the Lord forever. Not to Abraham’s bosom, paradise side of Hades.

(1)  Do you believe upon the body dying, Christians immediately go to the 3rd Heaven?

(2)  What is your opinion of where our eternal home will be after the Tribulation of those days, Earth? Or do we remain in Heaven separated from Jesus? Does Jesus leave us in Heaven at His second coming to Earth?

(3)  Do you think true born-again believers will be a part of Christ’s kingdom-government, rule, reign with Him, and judge the fallen angels?

(4)  Suppose we agree that our souls go to Heaven at death. Where and when do you see our transition from Heaven to Earth?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

13 hours ago, Gabriel80 said:

I am very grateful that, Marylin, created this thread... the subject is exactly why I joined this forum and was about to post something similar.

Before I interject and possibly de-rail the thread... I had a specific question regarding the Lord ruling the nations, in the millennium, "like a rod of iron."

I can start a new thread if necessary... just tell me so.

Anyway, my question(s) revolve around "how" the nations are populated and how does the appearance of sin continue into this age of the future earth?

I am by no means an end-times expert and am just beginning to study intently.  But I am struggling with The Millennium for sure.  Especially since Revelation/ Daniel/ Isaiah/ Jeremiah all seem to show the 2nd coming as Lord Jesus laying waste to any and all who did not believe in his name that were alive on earth during this time.

Many thanks!

Your questions are right on topic.

I will attempt to briefly explain how I view who is allowed into the millennium and why. That does not make my view correct.

Roughly ¾ of the earth’s population will be destroyed during the Tribulation. Out of the remaining ¼ that survived, many will still be unbelievers, with many having the mark of the Beast and condemned to the Lake of Fire. As I explain below, suppose only 10,000 are allowed to enter the millennium. If they can live to 800-900 years old, it gives a whole new meaning to being fruitful and multiplying. The Earth would be repopulated in only a couple of generations. Here is my scriptural reasoning.

Most but not all converts to Christ will be killed off in the seven-year Tribulation. One-third of the Jews (a remnant) will be saved. There will be a remnant of Gentiles who accepted the Lord in the Tribulation and survived. They rejected the mark of the Beast and became followers of Christ and were saved.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. (Zechariah 12:9)

At the close of the Tribulation, those who received the M.O.B. and those who still rejected the Lord as their own personal Savior will be killed off immediately. Matthew 25:31-46 describes this division of people and nations. So, everyone allowed to enter the 1,000-year reign of Christ (the millennium) will be born-again believers.

During this millennial reign of Christ, Satan will be chained and bound. Presumably, he and his minions cannot tempt anyone with sin, so they, in the millennium, cannot claim Satan influenced them to sin. It will be another proof of our inherited sinful nature and the need for a Savior.

As mentioned, the first generation allowed into the millennium will have saving faith. Successive generations, through free will, will start to reject Jesus' righteous rule as King; the sinful human nature, lusts, and pride will still be there.

Ruling with a rod of iron: There will still be sin, but sin will be kept under check. It appears that during the millennium, human longevity will revert to the days of the first ten generations from Adam. I believe the following verse applies to the unrighteous habitual sinner.

There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. (Isaiah 65:20)

The whole world will come against Jerusalem, probably soon. The nations that survived will have requirements placed on them (rod of iron), with the rain being shut off in their respective countries for disobeying the stringent requirements.

And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. (Zechariah 14:16)

At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart. (Jeremiah 3:17)

And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. (Micah 4:2)

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Maybe this has been mentioned already but was wondering about 2nd Peter-3:8 and is this something that we should take in a literal sense as it might seem to imply regarding the Millennial reign of Christ? In other words, will it also seem like only one DAY to those of us who are there with Christ/God?

Edited by CaptWalker

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.82

15 minutes ago, CaptWalker said:

Maybe this has been mentioned already but was wondering about 2nd Peter-3:8 and is this something that we should take in a literal sense as it might seem to imply regarding the Millennial reign of Christ? In other words, will it also seem like only one DAY to those of us who are there with Christ/God?

Others will be more qualified to answer your question than I am, Im sure. I have thought of this too and just adding my 2 cents. Humans will still be on a 24 hour clock imo. It depends of if Jesus is in a human body or not. The world will still be day on one side whole night on the other side of earth. If Jesus is not in human body He may not need sleep as humans do. I will probably get blasted for my comments they are not solid in my beliefs just thoughts,

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

To Marylin & Dennis-

Thank you for your replies.

From my brief and prior reading/ understanding of The Millennium.. both of your outlines appear to agree with mine.

The "sin" element of The Millennium is throwing me for a loop and the fact that "death" remains in that age (that is- until it is defeated and thrown into the Lake of Fire at the end.)

It's amazing what my mind can "make up" about prophecy... I guess that is why we are to constantly "re-new our minds."

I had mistakenly mixed together elements of Heaven with The Millennium.  Not good.  

And these struggles are of my own making as I have never really studied end-times events as I thought God was sovereign and what he ordained was what would happen irrelevant to my understanding (which is true... but not how I should go about my Christian walk.  I should learn and keep learning the truth in The Word.)

Thank you all again for spoon feeding me!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Hi CaptWalker,

Good to bring that into the mix. Now it is important to know that the Greek word `Day,` is a period of time and also a specific day. This therefore covers both that we see in scripture.

Jesus come on a specific Day, the Day of the Lord. (Rev. 6: 17)

The period of Time Day of the Lord however covers from -

- the thief in the night  (1 Thess. 5: 2)

- through (tribulation & millennium) 

- in which (during the time which) the heavens and earth will pass away... 

(2 Peter 3: 10)

1 hour ago, NConly said:

Others will be more qualified to answer your question than I am, Im sure. I have thought of this too and just adding my 2 cents. Humans will still be on a 24 hour clock imo. It depends of if Jesus is in a human body or not. The world will still be day on one side whole night on the other side of earth. If Jesus is not in human body He may not need sleep as humans do. I will probably get blasted for my comments they are not solid in my beliefs just thoughts,

Hi NConly,

You may like to read above how the word Day in Greek has two meanings, which sorts out our problem. 

I do agree that the Lord does live in a different way than us - not sleeping. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well, at least call it scriptural assuming, LOL. I welcome other reasonable views and opinions; it challenges me to be more like a Berean. You and AdHoc always force my ancient gray matter into overdrive, LOL. I try to refrain from being dogmatic and argumentative on most subjects. What can a person learn if their views are set in concrete? I am a mere student of the Word and not a teacher.

We agree on more things than we disagree on. So, let us discuss a few things we view differently and ask questions to see where our hermeneutics start to veer off.

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7)

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. (2 Corinthians 5:8)

I contend upon physical death, after Christ's resurrection, those in Jesus go directly to the 3rd Heaven to be with the Lord forever. Not to Abraham’s bosom, paradise side of Hades.

(1)  Do you believe upon the body dying, Christians immediately go to the 3rd Heaven?

(2)  What is your opinion of where our eternal home will be after the Tribulation of those days, Earth? Or do we remain in Heaven separated from Jesus? Does Jesus leave us in Heaven at His second coming to Earth?

(3)  Do you think true born-again believers will be a part of Christ’s kingdom-government, rule, reign with Him, and judge the fallen angels?

(4)  Suppose we agree that our souls go to Heaven at death. Where and when do you see our transition from Heaven to Earth?

Hi Dennis,

Ad Hoc and myself do need you to help us keep a retrain on our being dogmatic. We are trying to be nice to each other now, and have a laugh at ourselves. 

1) yes - to the general Assembly in the third heaven. (Heb. 12: 23)

2) We do not follow the Lord around the Universe like a tail of billions of people behind a comet. (if you can get that picture). We are in the third heaven while the Lord addresses His other two purposes - Israel and the nations. 

3) Yes - The throne of the Lord Jesus Christ is in the highest. We need to remember that the Father placed Him `FAR ABOVE all ....not only in this age but also in that which is to come. ` (Eph. 1: 21)

4) There is no transition from heaven to earth. No scripture, no purpose. 

Note: Each realm of God`s great kingdom is being prepared for rulership - 3 realms, 3 rulerships - all under Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

There will be a remnant of Gentiles who accepted the Lord in the Tribulation and survived. They rejected the mark of the Beast and became followers of Christ and were saved.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. (Zechariah 12:9)

At the close of the Tribulation, those who received the M.O.B. and those who still rejected the Lord as their own personal Savior will be killed off immediately. Matthew 25:31-46 describes this division of people and nations. So, everyone allowed to enter the 1,000-year reign of Christ (the millennium) will be born-again believers.

Hi Dennis,

Overall, I think you did a very good job of explaining the millennium. 

Now I have just highlighted a certain part that you may want to look into more. When the Body of Christ is caught up to heaven, then that purpose is complete. The Lord is then addressing people receiving the good news of His coming reign (kingdom) through Israel. That is to be preached in all the world and then the end (of that period) finishes.

The judging of the `sheep and goat` nations is based on whether they looked after the Lord`s brethren, the Jews in the tribulation. (much as in WW 2) (Matt. 25: 40   Joel 3: 2)

People don`t have the Lord as their `personal Saviour` as we do but receive Him as their King. (Zech. 14: 16 & 17) They are of the nations and they need to obey the King.

(They are not in a Body, the Body of Christ, with Him as their Head.)