• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,099
  • Content Per Day:  2.55
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

This is weird. You never had a relationship with Him? What kind of church did you go to? I had to Google what a CCTV is. You feel like that?

He died for you and He lives in you. Oh wait did you receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit?

I remember now a preacher who said there was zero change in his life until he got that.

I felt like a new woman after I got baptized in The Holy Spirit with the speaking in new tongues as a sign, and I got so much love to Abba Father, The Lord and to my neighbors! 😊 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,099
  • Content Per Day:  2.55
  • Days Won:  5

26 minutes ago, Thewhitedove said:

When I'm praying about a situation, I present my desired outcome to God and then say 'but Thy will be done'. I go about my business in the meantime. I don't wait for things to poof into existence and dont tend to pray for material things.

What I have been asking God for, is a spiritual lift that I can't deny. A revelation, a change of heart, to feel His presence, to feel connected to Him. For something to change in my spirit in a way that I know him in my inner being and not just through head knowledge. I've read the Scriptures so much but I started wondering if I've fallen in love with a character in a book rather than the eternal, living God. Jesus sounds so great in the Gospels and its so cool to see him foreshadowed in the Old Testament and to hear Luke, Paul, Peter and John's accounts. But is Jesus real TO ME? No. That's the truth. He is a theory that I believe in, like gravity or photosynthesis, but it doesn't move me. 

It seems that you need a life changing encounter with The Lord, and I believe that it only can happen if one wholeheartedly repent, get saved and born again and baptized into The Lord (full immerse) and in The Holy Spirit with the speaking in new tongues as a sign, cause I know that one can't feel The Lord's presence without His Holy Spirit. ☺️ 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.72
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, Thewhitedove said:

When I'm praying about a situation, I present my desired outcome to God and then say 'but Thy will be done'. I go about my business in the meantime. I don't wait for things to poof into existence and dont tend to pray for material things.

What I have been asking God for, is a spiritual lift that I can't deny. A revelation, a change of heart, to feel His presence, to feel connected to Him. For something to change in my spirit in a way that I know him in my inner being and not just through head knowledge. I've read the Scriptures so much but I started wondering if I've fallen in love with a character in a book rather than the eternal, living God. Jesus sounds so great in the Gospels and its so cool to see him foreshadowed in the Old Testament and to hear Luke, Paul, Peter and John's accounts. But is Jesus real TO ME? No. That's the truth. He is a theory that I believe in, like gravity or photosynthesis, but it doesn't move me. 

Instead of asking God  to do something for you, try asking what you can do for Him instead, and how to remove those barriers that separate you from him.

We shouldn't see God our servant but as our Master, our owner, that we should faithfully serve to the fullest extent we can.  Ask him how to change yourself to become a better servant and how he wants you do it.

You will get results, answers, but you are the one that must do the work, no one else can do it for you.

Do all things as unto the Lord, your life changes when you do.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,148
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

1 hour ago, Thewhitedove said:

When I'm praying about a situation, I present my desired outcome to God and then say 'but Thy will be done'. 

Why? If you ask: Lord change my heart and you don't even know if He wants to do that, that's not praying in faith. There should be no doubt that He wants to help you. He's your Dad. Even your own dad who is not perfect would say yes of course.

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,999
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Thewhitedove said:

Not that I know of.

The Israelites had to spend 40 years in the desert.

There are spiritual lessons in Scripture that speak of these four experiences.

image.png.b96a14b4a23cd5ef7e6af96db289ba15.png

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

The thought had crossed my mind that I wonder how many unbelievers are unaware they are following Satan. They 'think' they are doing what they want to do, which can be true, however what they want to do is suggested by you know who and they fall for those suggestions.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.72
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Starise said:

The thought had crossed my mind that I wonder how many unbelievers are unaware they are following Satan. They 'think' they are doing what they want to do, which can be true, however what they want to do is suggested by you know who and they fall for those suggestions.

There's only two sides and you're either on one or you're on the other, God's side being a choice and Satan's being the default.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

John Piper preaches a lot on the Sovereignty and Providence of God in suffering - a hard Christian life.

Piper calls it a sweet and bitter providence - God is in complete control and the enemy is on a leash because of the cross. It helps to remember that in hard times.

On youtube or spotify there is a band called the Joy Eternal and they did a collection of songs that help us with this.

Search for: "the joy eternal sweet and bitter providence" and go to one with the ship on the front. Its special :) 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

On 2/11/2024 at 5:03 PM, Thewhitedove said:

'Thy will be done'. 

@Thewhitedove A great prayer.............