• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

19 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

"Torah as you call it"... as if I made the word up. Lol

I don't care who said it, if it contradicts the Tanakh then it contradicts the Tanakh.

Well call it what you wish, the scripture I quoted disagrees with you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

15 minutes ago, Starise said:

Yep, so we agree here. So you would kill them all to get a few of the enemy?

You left out the "if necessary part"  I just don't see any of them not joining in before it's over.  When you are taught something from birth, you seldom change.  Israel has offered to be good neighbors to them for decades, if they would just stop killing the Jewish people.  It isn't going to happen until they break away from Islamic law.  Don't think this is what I wish to happen, I'm just looking at the reality of the situation.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.66
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Starise said:

You DID say that earlier in this thread. You basically said that of innocents had to die to kill the enemy you would do it.

Keep in mind that "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.” is a Christian spoken phrase.

Edited by FJK

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

24 minutes ago, other one said:

You left out the "if necessary part"  I just don't see any of them not joining in before it's over.  When you are taught something from birth, you seldom change.  Israel has offered to be good neighbors to them for decades, if they would just stop killing the Jewish people.  It isn't going to happen until they break away from Islamic law.  Don't think this is what I wish to happen, I'm just looking at the reality of the situation.

There will always be a core of zealots. For me at least, the classification of "they or them" and then adding a generalization for an entire group of people when we know for certain those attacking at the extreme end of this don't have the consensus of the majority IMO. You seem to conclude they do. May be true, but so far I haven't seen that. I believe something internal to every human being goes against the idea we look at and destroy another group of people simply because we don't agree with them.

Sometimes teachings this radical turn people AWAY from them rather than to them.

18 minutes ago, FJK said:

Keep in mind that "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.” is a Christian spoken phrase.

Yes it's catholic I think and in no way biblical unless you can show the scripture in context that supports it and ommitting the directive given to Israel years ago that for me does not template here.

6 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

I didn't know "kill them all and let G-d sort them out" is a Christian doctrine. It does explain a few things though.

Unfortunately, it does.  And far more that just on the surface of it.

4 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

It is very enlightening. When your entire theology is built around Jesus smiting everyone and placing such little value on human life, I can understand why violence is such a core component of the evangelical mindset.

You're misunderstanding a great deal here, this isn't from evangelical thinking, it is from a middle age war conducted by those calling themselves Christians who were not, just evil men deceived into thinking their claimed religion justified their own lust for power and control over other men.

This should be meditated on in the light of what happens when we don't know the truth of what we claim to believe and use religion to justify anything we want to do as a result.  Something I usually refer to as everyone being righteous in their won mind.

This isn't limited to Christians by any means, it far predates Christianity since it is a basic flaw in the nature of fallen man.  You will find the same thing in Jewish history, or Buddhist or Hindu, or Shinto or even Zoroastrian history. 

It is human nature and something that  we should study scripture to learn to overcome.

May you find joy in your discussions of the Word today.

40 minutes ago, Starise said:

There will always be a core of zealots. For me at least, the classification of "they or them" and then adding a generalization for an entire group of people when we know for certain those attacking at the extreme end of this don't have the consensus of the majority IMO. You seem to conclude they do. May be true, but so far I haven't seen that. I believe something internal to every human being goes against the idea we look at and destroy another group of people simply because we don't agree with them.

Sometimes teachings this radical turn people AWAY from them rather than to them.

Yes it's catholic I think and in no way biblical unless you can show the scripture in context that supports it and ommitting the directive given to Israel years ago that for me does not template here.

It is just my perspective about things, but it seems to me that you don't really understand the foundations of Islam. So we will kind of talk around each other. The president of Turkey puts it that there are no moderate Muslims.   They either or Muslim or they are not.   Because of their belief of what happens to people when they die and the rewards of dying in a jihad, makes it basically a death cult and that makes them very difficult to deal with.  If you want to save the Palestinians alive, Jews would have to leave Israel, or at least agree to live under Sharia Law.  Could we agree that would or could even happen?

3 minutes ago, other one said:

It is just my perspective about things, but it seems to me that you don't really understand the foundations of Islam. So we will kind of talk around each other. The president of Turkey puts it that there are no moderate Muslims.   They either or Muslim or they are not.   Because of their belief of what happens to people when they die and the rewards of dying in a jihad, makes it basically a death cult and that makes them very difficult to deal with.  If you want to save the Palestinians alive, Jews would have to leave Israel, or at least agree to live under Sharia Law.  Could we agree that would or could even happen?

Islam is a warriors religion, and a religion of war as such, spread by the sword and forced on all who come into contact with it under threat of conversion or death.

Consider the Red Horse and its rider.

3 minutes ago, FJK said:

Consider the Red Horse and its rider.

That would not be only Islam.

17 minutes ago, other one said:

Oh I get it. I just don't think we can be all inclusive with respect to the Palestinians.