• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

31 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

This Tuesday will be the day RFK Jr. announces his V. P. choice, and then  the process of getting his name on all the rest of the States ballots will be underway.

We haven't heard anything about him running here....Los Angeles.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

25 minutes ago, Debp said:

We haven't heard anything about him running here....Los Angeles.

..."California requires 219,000 signatures for an individual candidate to gain ballot access. A new political party, however, can gain access with just 75,000 party registrations.

“While registering 75,000 people to a new party is still a big lift, the truth is our campaign already has more than 70,000 supporters in California,” the campaign said. 

As part of its California ballot drive, Kennedy’s campaign is asking supporters to register with the We the People party on the Secretary of State’s web site using “other” as the party preference and writing in We the People. It is also asking new party registrants to identify three other voters in the state who can register. 

The We the People party announcement comes just a few days after the bipartisan No Labels initiative announced it had won ballot access in 14 states and intends to win access in another 18 states by Election Day. While No Labels is not running a campaign or a candidate, it is seeking to lay the groundwork for an as-yet-unknown nominee who can take advantage of its ballot access before November’s election.

According to a recent Gallup poll taken in mid-January, Kennedy has a 52% favorable rating among U.S. adults, compared with 42% for GOP frontrunner Donald Trump and 41% for President Biden."

• Interesting! 1

31 minutes ago, other one said:

You are taking things way way out of context.

Hi, Putting it into even fuller context, he also has said these same illegal immigrants are poisoning the blood of America has he not?

Is that not a bit over the top even for Trumpy's?

Yes there is need for borders and for real immigration rules and for enforcement of labor laws at the USA; but animals poisoning the blood of the USA?

While violence in the USA is epidemic it is not new, nor is it all due to blood of the natural born pure being poisoned by immigrants . I lived it as far back in my own life to the 1950's at greater Boston, where daily life of gang activity was a real dangerous venture! And during the 1960's at Los Angeles and all of SoCal.

Historically the hardest workers and the really nicest of peoples  that I have encountered have been - illegals. Whether they have been  from Georgia (Russia), or Cuba, or  Honduras,  or Haiti, didn't much matter. They all just wanted to be able to work, survive, and even prosper.

Poison? No! They might even be the real lifeblood that makes America great.  

As to the bad guys, sure they are really a strong threat; have been since at least the 1930's at the USA. Their customers those pure blooded native born Americans have made it possible for them to prosper by buying up their illicit drugs and seeking out their other trade in vile behavior.

This is post Christian USA America, in need of Holy Spirit led revival, or it will continue to decline and be removed from the list of so called great nations altogether. It is indeed a bumpy ride today, but it has been for a longtime now.

Perhaps a big difference is the change from single shot home made zip guns and knives to guns that zip out multiple rounds per second. Seems everyone can easily obtain  and use such heavy duty killing weaponry today if they so desire.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

53 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

America has he not?

And they are.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Seems everyone can easily obtain  and use such heavy duty killing weaponry today if they so desire.

As in Mexico where they are banned to own except for a very few that are approved of by the PTB there?

The laws regulating such things don't affect criminals with criminal intent, only those who wish to obey them as honest citizens of whatever country they are in.

The people are the problem, consider when those zip guns and switchblades were made harder to get (actually, that zip gun thing was not a realistic thing to worry about nor were switchblades prior to West Side Story) that those miscreants just moved up to more potent weaponry even though it was against the laws and their numbers increased by a combination of financing them through increasingly harsher laws against various drugs and such along with the diminishing of other opportunities to find a useful and rewarding place to fit in with their world, the one they would have to live in.

Do you ever ask yourself why an increasing number of people want to do these things?

Because if you don't, you blind yourself to any solutions to the problem as it continues to propagate itself.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

18 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Yep, "I  have met the enemy and it is me."

Yes, we certainly need the cross when it comes to politics, to kill all our stinky opinions!  (and, as being discussed on another thread, the Spirit applies the cross to us when we touch Him)

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Yes, we certainly need the cross when it comes to politics, to kill all our stinky opinions!  (and, as being discussed on another thread, the Spirit applies the cross to us when we touch Him)

Hi, The focus of life is indeed on Christ, and with that focus has come  dealing with politics and politicians. While I was thinking  of not participating in political commentary threads here, plus that the politics threads  should be under politics USA, not ever in General Discussion, or should not be part of the forums at all, that is not reality, and this entity WCF seems to work out the vast array of topics that are faced in life pretty well including politics USA.

I guess during  his earthly ministry Jesus was a third choice amongst two titans of authority over people too- Oh oh, did I say that?

Well was our Lord not a new candidate so to speak? Were not many saying you can't win with Him, you must support your Rabbi your Pharisees or your Sadducees, and also be under the local Ruler of Rome?

Was not taxation a big issue?  Wow how many levels of taxation were there?

I'm for the third choice today in politics. I choose not to vote anymore between the two political ones that now I see as being of belial, with both advancing the military industrial complex that Eisenhower warned would happen. It may not be Biblical reveal, as being born again is, but it is at least like a newborn whose eyes of recognition have opened, opened after all these years.  

So I am for a new option  "We The People" And RFK Jr. whose VP choice will be announced come Tuesday. Then we can get to work  raising the signatures needed to get them on the ballot at my own home State, as well as others that require a named person be set as VP.  Isn't it time for a third choice, a new Party affiliate too?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Trump's cult doesn't care what he says or does, because they are enmeshed with him to such a degree that he is part of thier identity.

Couldn't that also be equally said of almost everyone on every side of every issue, both political and otherwise?

FWIW, there's a lot of both social and psychological cognitive functions in play here, very few of us actually understand why we are the way we are which is why we have sociologists, psychologists and psychiatrists.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

2 hours ago, Slibhin said:

@Neighbor You are trying to reason with unreasonable people.

Trump's cult doesn't care what he says or does, because they are enmeshed with him to such a degree that he is part of thier identity.

Comb these forums and you'll see many of his supporters attacking Obama, both Clinton's, Democrats and "liberals" in general for thier supposed lack of Christian values.

Trumps son took 2 billion from the Saudis while working in the White House, yet only care about what Hunter Biden may have been paid despite him not being a private citizen.

They mock Biden as senile, yet there are endless videos of Trump's identical gaffs and dementia like behaviour.

They call Biden a dictator, (that somehow can't get anything done) yet Trump said he'd be a dictator on day one.

They mock Biden as a hair sniffer, yet Trump is on record walking in on naked teenagers when he own miss teen USA.

They tout the military and say the libs don't respect them, yet Trump calls them losers and mocks a veteran on TV.

They don't care.

They don't care.

They don't care.

Once you understand this, all other questions about thier support will fall into place.

Each side seems blinded in their hatred for the other side, regardless of whether right or left - lots of hypocrisy to go around no matter which major political party. They are both corrupt and likely beyond redemption. And that, I think, is what got Trump elected in the first place - people saw him as being from outside the beltway with no loyalties to the big parties. But now, to many folks who voted for him, his liabilities greatly outweigh his assets.

And there are a good number of people who don't want either Biden or Trump, therefore things may be ripe, now more than ever, for a decent 3rd party alternative.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

No, because most people are reasonable and will not support someone inconsistent with their values.

In all my years of life, that is not something I have found true.

And I've known very many people of all sorts ah=nd types fropm all walks of life.

My observation is that some people are reasonable but most are not, with their self identities tied up with all sorts of things they think come from within themselves but actually have never done any deep self examination to find out it that is true or not.

Socrates once said "The unexamined life is not worth living" but I say that the unexamined life is actually one being lived by others instead of itself.