IGNORED

29 dollars

Guest thirsty1

Guest thirsty1

Hey all,

first of all let me tell you I'm still trying to find my way. well I was watching some men on television last night speaking the word, then they started telling people to send in twenty nine dollars and God would make sure they would not have to worry about many things, one man said that if you would send the money now, by midnight revival would break out in your heart and you would never be the same. this isn't how it works, is it? at this point in my life I just want Jesus. are these things they are saying true, this is really making my heart heavy.

LB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

No thursty, it is not true. There are some people who have decided to use the gospel of our Lord to profit from, just as the money changers and the people selling the animals for sacrifice in the temple when Jesus was here. He got physical and overthrew their tables and ran them out of the temple.

I think he would do the same with these people if here were physically. Just know them for what they are....

btw it is good that you recognize them for what they are..... good job.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

"Give and it shall be given unto you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom."---Jesus

This is certainly true, but as Paul says: "Let all things be done in faith." If the appeal for funds only touches you emotiionally, and not in your faith, don't bother giving. But when the Holy Spirit puts it in your heart, THEN it is time to give.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

"Give and it shall be given unto you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom."---Jesus

This is certainly true, but as Paul says: "Let all things be done in faith." If the appeal for funds only touches you emotiionally, and not in your faith, don't bother giving. But when the Holy Spirit puts it in your heart, THEN it is time to give.

take note of this

and also know that doesnt give those tv preachers an excuse to milk money from you either. They cant garantee the things they said. they dont know the audience there talking too. (if they have the faith, or if the Lord had told them to partner with that particular ministry or not or other things) so they shouldnt have said those things.

God will always provide for you and tithes and offerings are always going to be rewarded with some kind of blessing. But not because a preacher promised that if you give to there show it will happen. Let God speak to you through prayer and His word. He will show you where to sow your money. Who to give to.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi thirsty1,

I totally agree with "Bluebird1"; as long as u give ur tithes and offerings God will surely bless u. Though giving is also a principle like "Leonard" said give it shall be given unto u. The Lord encourages 2 sow seeds 2 help the needy, so sowing is not wrong but make sure u know the ministry well, some ministries r honest and do use the finances 2 Gods glory e.g Benny hinn ministries. OR what do u all think.

God bless!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Did you just say Benny Hinn is honest :12: ?

Hi Gerioke,

He ain't ?

Well some1 needs 2 tell me something like why hes' NOT.

Information could b helpful.

God bless!!!

Hi,

Sorry i dont know yet how 2 use these qoutes coz i wanted 2 boldly separe my qoutes, but its ok.

I don't understand, u mean "Whysoblind" that giving is not sowing?

Well mayb am not yet spiritually grown 2 qoute scriptures, but i do know, "give and it shall b given unto u good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over shall men give unto you" meaning when u give u get back more! Which is the consept of sowing and reaping. So when u sow in ones life by giving, u reap back more than u sowed.

1. So giving is sowing

2.And yes money is a seed.

When the Lord said we should give our tithes and offering and prove him that he shall not open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings. What does this mean, it means if we give a tenth of what we have to God, he shall bless us with more than a tenth! So we shall indeed get more than we gave. Here it is again the consept of sowing and reaping. Sowing and reaping is not only about money. Like i said b4, anything we do is sowing, e.g if ur mean, u'll reap meanness, etc.

This sowing and reaping is a law. It works for believers and non-believers. Just like the law of gravity!

God bless!!!

Edited by heavenlyfavoured