How We Are All Different From Unbelievers?, How We Are All Alike

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

How are we  alike to unbelievers? I'll list a few.

- We all get sick

- We all have family disputes

- We all get tired

- We all have emotions

-We all have logic

-We all have souls

-We all sin

-We all make mistakes

How are we different?

- We see God as God.

- We follow the Lord.

- We follow God's ideas for what fulfills and grows us a human beings.

- We acknowledge sin in ourselves

- We repent of said sin

- We are willing to do what it takes to Let God better us, even if it means there is pain in the gain. 

-We realize there is nothing God sees as good in us because of sin, but we also know we are being perfected through HIm.

- We talk with God through prayer

- We worship

• Thumbs Up 1

• Starise changed the title to How We Are All Different From Unbelievers?, How We Are All Alike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

We proclaim the Jesus Christ is Lord, and only through him can salvation be found .  That name is above all names and is the king of kings and Lord of All.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

This may not be what you meant, but I didn't see much difference between believers and unbelievers. Almost every "believer" I know acts exactly the same as an unbeliever. The only difference I see is that believers go to church. But the believers that go to church are still worldly, selfish, idolaters, and in general sinners. 

Why don't believers in Christ show an epic difference from the world? Our lives should be 100% different and better than unbelievers. There should be no doubt that we belong to Jesus. If we have to tell people we are Christian, then we are failing. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

This may not be what you meant, but I didn't see much difference between believers and unbelievers. Almost every "believer" I know acts exactly the same as an unbeliever. The only difference I see is that believers go to church. But the believers that go to church are still worldly, selfish, idolaters, and in general sinners. 

Why don't believers in Christ show an epic difference from the world? Our lives should be 100% different and better than unbelievers. There should be no doubt that we belong to Jesus. If we have to tell people we are Christian, then we are failing. 

Hi,  I do see life through a very different lens; many if not most people whether Christian or not are extremely generous with their time, labor, finances, good wishes  and prayerful thought.

Just put a smile on going through a grocery store even  on a busy day and see how many people gravitate to that smile and start conversation. People do need people.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

You need to attend a Nazarene Church for a while.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

7 hours ago, Starise said:

How are we different?

- We see God as God.

- We follow the Lord.

- We repent of said sin

- We are willing to do what it takes to Let God better us, even if it means there is pain in the gain. 

-We realize there is nothing God sees as good in us because of sin, but we also know we are being perfected through HIm.

- We worship

With a post like this and stating the difference, you have not mentioned the name of Jesus Christ once. You see, for the observer he can put place holders, e.g Lord for him can mean Shiva, and God can mean Allah.  Without bringing into focus the name of Jesus Christ as the main difference in who we worship, the differences can be mistaken for others. Without Jesus and the Gospels as the main factor in this difference , then the speculation for the observer as to God and Lord can be open as to their.

- we confess with the tongue and believe in our hearts , Jesus Christ is Lord. 

• Thanks 1

That’s why you’re here. Can you be like Jesus so well that others won’t have a need to ask the question, or attempt to suggest a lack of something in me?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, Marathoner said:

@TrueFollowerOfChrist raises points that shouldn't be ignored nor drowned out. They're valid. 

I steer clear of the fleshly trap of comparing one with the other, for at no time has the Lord declared that we are superior or better than anyone else. Indeed, that trap leads so many to turn a blind eye and deaf ear toward "unbelievers," accounting them as inferior or mistaken simply because they don't sport the trappings of earthly religion. That religion is the very form of godliness that the apostle Paul warned us about. It has the outward appearance of godliness but in truth, is like a hollow bell devoid of love. That religion is worthless in the sight of God the Father. 

I prefer to listen to the Lord and His word regarding the way in which we shall be known to others. Love is what my Lord Jesus Christ declared that we shall be known by; our love for one another is how the world shall know that we are His disciples (John 13:35). Lists of this and that are not only meaningless but are alien to the instruction which we receive from the Lord. Where did the Lord say, You will be known by your church attendance, or, You will be known by how much you detest the lost and the dying? 

There are some who proclaim the name of Christ whom, by their words and deeds, prove that they are far away from Him. Love, my friends. Love is the way in which others will know that we belong to Jesus Christ. 

That’s it! Love. Real love!

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

8 hours ago, Starise said:

How are we  alike to unbelievers? I'll list a few.

- We all get sick

- We all have family disputes

- We all get tired

- We all have emotions

-We all have logic

-We all have souls

-We all sin

-We all make mistakes

How are we different?

- We see God as God.

- We follow the Lord.

- We repent of said sin

- We worship

7 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

The only difference is we have a new life in us - our spirit has been joined to His Spirit. The new life in us is meant as our source, but we can still choose to live by the old life of Adam/flesh as our source (which flesh has actually already been crucified in Christ as per Galatians 5:24, by making the choice to be in Christ).

This is the revelation of the new covenant - His divine life in us --> transforming us into His image.

• Thumbs Up 2